Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£1 donation to help British winter sports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@dogwatch, depends which country you are in, and what facilities that area offers so you might be contributing or might not
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been down to Snowtrax in Christchurch quite a bit when they have the ramps and rails out. They have a very active freestyle system and some very promising athletes, both on skis and on boards. Our short artificial slopes lend themselves well to freestyle and if some of the kids down there could start winning Olympic medals it would be a great boost to the popularity and incomes of those slopes.

And on the matter of rich kids, I didn't enquire, but most of the youngsters didn't seem particularly "posh" and at least some of them were at local schools. One of the top competitors works in the ski shop. Some of them haven't been on real snow. Of course they need to afford boards or skis and the rest of the kit and a ski pass is more than I can justify!

But I think if the lottery funding and any extra sponsorship could be aimed at the freestylers initially that would encourage further participation and the racing side could capture some of that, later.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf wrote:
@dogwatch, depends which country you are in, and what facilities that area offers so you might be contributing or might not

Well I said I was paying taxe de séjour so consider that a clue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dogwatch, well wasn't just replying to you, but from what I understand in France for example it will almost certainly depend on weather or not there is a local racing club, if there is then they may well get a contribution
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@D G Orf, I know the local counil in Alpe d'Huez gives a large grant to the local ski club and individual grants to individual "stars" . I see no reason to think it will be any different in any other alpine ski resort, whatever the country.Certainly the town then uses the success of those who do make it to the top to promote the resort, you could say it is a business decision on the part of the resort. I did have the figures but you are talking 50k euros I think.
I guess the case for helping UK skiers is not there in the same way.
@dogwatch, I guess your individual contribution, in whatever french resort it is you visit Toofy Grin is pretty small when you consider total visitor numbers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitow, sounds about right
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy