Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help needed- we arrive in Chambery at 18.00 on the 17th December and need to get to Arcs 1800.
We leave on the 7th January and need to be at Chambery Airport for around 17.00.
On line transfers are hovering around the 500 euro mark which seems excessive for two of us when the flights were only £80 each!!
Any suggestions or shares available? We are happy to share with anyone arriving on the Doncaster flight on the 17th . Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Renting a car would be cheaper or altibus.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 17-09-16 15:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try posting on: https://www.findtransfers.com/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
helenclarke40, train to Chambery, then bus to the airport.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take a look at the airport website and follow the bus links. They don't seem to go to Les Arcs for some reason. But they could get you close and then you could take a taxi. Or perhaps I am missing something.

http://www.chambery-airport.com/en/access/shuttle
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Altibus has not loaded the schedules for Chambery yet, no doubt they will appear soon.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks none of the shuttle buses have loaded the schedules it seems because when you put the dates in it say " none available or none found"
Renting a car is an option but we would have to pay for 3 weeks parking which negates the saving.
I will wait a little longer and see if the Altibus or airport Shuttle come up with something.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@helenclarke40, The altibus timetable for last season is here - ttp://www.altibus.com/documents/aeroports/1/navettes.pdf
They don't usually change the times that much from season to season, they also don't usually add the times to the online booking until around November.
It looks like it would work going out but you'll need a fallback plan if your flight is delayed.

Train is another option but I have never managed to find a bus from Chambery airport to the station, we've always had to take a taxi which is under 20 euros each way. The train times are usually out 3 months before your date of travel.

For car hire you may be able to book a car for a day or two on a one way booking (pick up at Chambery, drop off at Bourg st Maurice), most companies usually charge in the region of 75 euros extra for a one way booking.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well skichampcouk, there used to be a regular bus service between Chambery airport and railway station - I used it back in 2012/13.
Has it now gone?
Morznet.com mentions a "regular shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the railway station".
Chambery-airport.com shows an Airport Shuttle
But Jeff Steiner makes no mention of a bus service.
So, not sure now.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, I never managed to find a timetable for a bus from the airport to the station although I probably have only done that journey 2 or 3 times so took a taxi as it was easier and probably as cheap as a bus. I remember it being a bit more difficult to find a taxi from the station to the airport for some reason.

The airport shuttle shows times of busses to the ski resorts from the airport, I can't find mention of a bus to the station on there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy