Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early season - Le Bettaix versus Les Brevieres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

Apologies for another 'where to go in early season' question. Hoping for accounts of both Le Bettaix and Les Breveires in mid December time. Both obviously have their respective high links but would like to know which offers the best experience in terms of reaching those heights and also returning to your chalet (preferably skiing!) during mid December. I obviously appreciate it is different from year to year but information on people's past experiences is always helpful and I may identify a trend!

We are looking at the week pre-Christmas - 16th/17th December.

Thanks!

Rob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't speak for Le Bettaix (I had to google it - its a while since I have been to the 3V) but Les Brevieres will be open as a village (it opens later than the EK as a whole) and if the snow isn't good enough to ski back then you can take the bubble back down from the Marais Plateau (2200m ish). Last year there was more than enough snow to ski back, the year before was not which I would class as unusual. It looks like a chair into Bettaix so not sure if you can download. Because of the shape of the terrain in the Espace Killy it is relatively easy for a red run skier to get from one side to the other and back in just over half a day, the 3V is more of a challenge. From Les Brevieres (1550m north facing) to the top of the Grande Motte (3456m) would be about an hour for that red run skier.

Les Brevieres is a classic French mountain village (its been around for years) and has a number of bars and restaurant and a superette. Not sure about Le Bettaix, but it looks like a new annexe to Les Menuires.

PS Welcome to snowHeads (and to put it in context I live in Tignes in winter)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at Le Bettaix for the week including christmas last season. Obviously poor start to season last year and we could not ski back but could download on the 4 man chair. There was also a bus from Les Menuires back down to Le Bettaix. There were no bars or restaurants in Le Bettaix when we were there, but we were in a largish group in a self catering chalet and made our own entertainment so no problem for us. The reason we chose Le Bettaix was that the cost of the chalet was a lot less than other parts of Les Menuires which meant we could heavily subsidise our kids and their partners (like 100%. Smile )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both!

Still a hard decision! Both locations offer good value accommodation! Think the accommodation choice will drive the decision in the end.

Hoping December is not too mild!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy