Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2016/17 (Useful links in Post 1).

Poster: A snowHead
@Philip1972, It took a while (not much of a search function on the DT) but here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/abroad/heres-how-to-buy-an-alpine-home-with-the-best-skiing-at-a-lower/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chocksaway, Superstar!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Philip1972,
I live in that bustling metropolis, Evesham.
One of the best things about the forecast is it suggests a freezing level around Brev for much of next week. This should mean they can use the cannons extensively. This plus the natural stuff I hope will mean we can be fairly confident that more than just the glacier will be open come early Dec.
Anticipated snowfall in the next week as usual varies wildly every time you check t'internet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS. The netting round the football pitch has gone today. So clear evidence that the local authorities are preparing for winter to arrive. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New lift pass arrived this morning, it looks like they have posted them all at once after chatting with a few of the other expats. The football pitch is now half covered with protective matting, I suspect a load of used tyres will be appearing on the all weather (but not snow Very Happy) courts shortly.

The weather tomorrow will be absolutely vile, it will start raining around midnight tonight down to about 2400m so expect some of the cannon snow to disappear towards the bottom of Double M. The wind will pick up through the night so I wouldn't be surprised if the glacier is closed tomorrow. However, there is much good news! The Jetstream is firmly planted over the Alps next week and the temperatures are going to drop markedly, from Saturday evening the snowline will be well below Les Boisess if not all the way down to Les Brevieres. After that, it is going to be a very unsettled week, actual timing of the showers is a bit tricky to predict, but there may well be some heavy prolonged periods of snow later in the week, but whatever arrives will be snow to well below the lowest slopes!! So by this time next week the picture painted on the webcams will probably be a lot different. There are signs it will warm up a little from next week but not enough to do any damage below the main villages of Tignes and val D'Isere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I remember when I did my L2 in Val D'Isere early Dec and watching the tyres start the week as fully visible with a small amount of snow, then get absolutely buried and be able to ski over them. Strangely fascinating to see the difference each day!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow down to about 2300m Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some hardy souls off for a walk up the mountain this morning.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pretty much in line with predictions re the snowline. Looks good at Toviere, Bellevarde level. Snow off and on for next week. Cold with it. So perhaps the start of a proper base.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mark1863, are you in Tignes, or is that based on webcams?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Poubelle monitor tomorrow?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stewart woodward wrote:

Wow, must be the earliest ever Poubelle reading !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@peanuthead,
Just on the webcams. Toviere and Bellevarde covered at the top. Snow line is about 2300m as suggested by Stewart. He I think is in Tignes. The poubelle monitor we have come to know and love is a waste bin outside his place. The amount of snow on the poubelle is a good indicator of the amount of snow that has fallen at resort level.
To me the fall forecast and the cold weather is pretty early but the snow has a chance of sticking above resort level. The cold snap does allow for use of the cannons. If we see them used a lot this week this may indicate the locals think there is a chance too.
If we get a fair % of the resort open come the first Saturday in Dec I will be one happy bunny.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
muppet wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

Wow, must be the earliest ever Poubelle reading !

About 10cms on the Poubelles this morning. Pretty wet snow but hopefully a lot lighter higher up?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cams show it all the way down to Brev.
@stewart woodward, what is the temperature like?
ski holidays
Yay 🏂⛷❄
ski holidays
Will they start trying to make a proper base from this or is it too early?

Looks cold with a bit more snow on and off over the next few days but then the models are somewhat split whether the Atlantic will return with more average temperature or not.
snow report
@chocksaway, great thread Very Happy

heading here in December flying out on the 13th can't wait
snow report
@Mark1863,
See you 1st Sat Dec so
snow report
looks like they have the cannons going full out on Double M and must be lovely up on the glacier today!
ski holidays
@kitenski, it is Very Happy
snow report
A couple of boarders went down Double M at the end of the afternoon, they described it as "a bit crunchy" at the bottom.
ski holidays
Wet snow iced up by the sound of it. But it all looks gorgeous Very Happy
ski holidays
Lovely to see everything properly white again for the first time this season. Beautiful! Even if it won't last...
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:
Even if it won't last...

...don't you start. Very Happy
ski holidays
Would be nice if it would stop snowing actually- much easier to train gates without tons of loose snow all over the place!
snow report
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
Even if it won't last...

...don't you start. Very Happy

Looks like we will get a few sunny spells this morning then 3 days of snow Very Happy

I think it will last wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
These early storms are usually a one off with mild temperatures immediately following. This is persistent weather with snow and continuing cold. There is chance to run cannons for a prolonged period. For several reasons I too think the snow is likely to stick especially at and above Lac and VC level.
ski holidays
North facing slopes like Double M will no doubt do well from these storms and cold weather, topped up with some "heavy" artificial snow and they can then open it up and charge more for the lift pass Very Happy
ski holidays
Cold, cold, cold on the glacier today. The tow from Roslin was bust on several occasions with monster queues. Binned it at lunch!
ski holidays
Any word on a prospective opening date for Double M?? Already not as early as some years - but looking a whole lot better than last season's last week in November opening. In fact already looking good across all of the Alps compared to last winter's near-tropical November Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And up to 5m (!!)Shocked of snow to come if Snow-forecast.com is to be believed...
snow report
Double M has lots of tracks down it, according to the webcam.

http://en.tignes.net/webcams
snow report
Due out on the 9th and return on the 14th still not sorted transfers out could anyone advise on the best way?
latest report
@dave_wick, I used these guys when I went out pre-Xmas a few years ago. www.europetransfer.com
latest report
This is the goldmine of transfers to Espace Killy and Paradiski.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311/
snow report
I am getting quite jealous now,, but the snowtyres are on, so just a quick chat with MPI now, and then storms, tempests and dragons willing I should be climbing the 'stairway to heaven', 2 weeks today.

Meanwhile the forecast looks cold and snowy for the rest of the week, though I don't quite subscribe to the view of SF.com!! It will be a little less cold next week so the showers may be sleet in Les Boisses but above there it should all be adding to the snow depths Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Looks miserable in resort. Obviously quite a bit of wind as it is scouring the top of Toviere. Note the piste bashers are lined up by the Tichot lift in VC
latest report
Just had an e mail from the resort reminding us all to park sensibly to allow snowploughs through, clearly more good news is on the way.....
ski holidays
@chocksaway,
My pass has now arrived as well. Poubelle reading required from Stewart later. My opinion is if this storm continues as predicted through tomorrow we have a base. Booking on to the PSB clearly was a good idea.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy