Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Space in La Tania apartment

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I've rented a one bed, sleeps four type apartment in La Tania for the season cos, well, why not? Figure my knees wont last many more years so might as well do it while I can.

There's a sofa bed (two single mattresses) up for grabs for anyone relatively normal. And yours for a long weekend, week or longer. My friends/family have booked up some dates but there's plenty of the season left.

I'm a 46 year old female boarder, pretty confident on most stuff. I'll be looking for more guided off piste time this year and am determined to get down at least one couloir. I wont be working much so am looking for snow buddys. I am not looking for a romantic entanglement (or otherwise!).

Thanks
Kelse

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 2-11-16 15:03; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kelse

Just some initial scoping. My other half us having an op next year so I'm looking for options of solo groups or shared facilities as I just want to ski. Looking end Jan 1st week in Feb. I'm a skier
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Wills, sounds fine, no-one else has baggsied that week. Let me know if you'd like any more info.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Kelse,

Any availability for a solo traveller around 25/02/17 ?

PremsUltim8
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Kelse,
My name is Matt and I am interested in possibly staying in your apartment for the first week of January. I am a snowboarder and might have a friend or two who might want to come as well. I am just looking for new places to adventure to and explore, I would be most respectful to you and your property most importantly!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kelse, when will you be out there from?

I suggest you add your details to the snowbuddy so snowHeads coming to the area know to give you a shout for beers/rides etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PremsUltim8 wrote:
Hi Kelse,

Any availability for a solo traveller around 25/02/17 ?

PremsUltim8

I will be travelling out ideally between 24th or 25th Feb through to 3rd or 4th March 17. Flights hopefully from Bristol to Lyon or Chambery (Waiting on flights to be released and confirmed). Spent last year in Orelle and would like to be a bit nearer to Maribel etc. Have been let down by mate due to work commitments.

I am in early 40's and of good character. Would be more than prepared to cover rent, food etc. Have my own skis and kit.

Looking for off piste opportunities if possible but great reds and blacks still appeal greatly.

Any help for a fellow Snowhead would be greatly appreciated

Should you have any further queries please PM me

Regards

PremsUltim8
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matt - I've got friends staying until about the 3rd of January. I can let you know once they've booked their flights and see if you're still interested. There's only room for two people plus me, not even floor space I'm afraid.

PremsUltim8 - sounds good, that week is free. Are you in Bristol? Maybe we could meet for a chat?

Ideally I would like to meet or Skype anyone thinking of coming to stay.. just to check we can tolerate each other for a week!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kelse wrote:
Matt - I've got friends staying until about the 3rd of January. I can let you know once they've booked their flights and see if you're still interested. There's only room for two people plus me, not even floor space I'm afraid.

PremsUltim8 - sounds good, that week is free. Are you in Bristol? Maybe we could meet for a chat?

Ideally I would like to meet or Skype anyone thinking of coming to stay.. just to check we can tolerate each other for a week!

Kelse,

I work in Bristol and live south of Bristol, More than Happy to meet up for a chat. Going away Thursday but happy to meet up before then or when back after 25th..

Prems
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, I'll pm you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes mam I am definitely willing to Skype with you and are there any vacancies for when your friends leave by any chance?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep sure, I've got no-one else coming until the end of Jan. You're not fixed to Sat - Sat so you might as well take advantage of the quieter slopes on weekends when all the holiday operators are doing changeover.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kelse, PM Sent
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kelse, PM Sent
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Billy steele, and replied.

@megley, free from 6th Jan. Pm me your skype
snow conditions
Hi Kelse just sent you a PM.
ski holidays
Hi Kelse just sent you a PM.
snow report
Kelse, here's to you for "just doing it". It's exactly what I would like to do but until I can sell my business, I feel hamstrung. I am considering the alternative of buying, hiring or time-sharing a motorhome, though that in itself is complex enough with all the rules and regulations. I once got sick of corporate life in Sydney and bought a yacht and went sailing. I just kept sailing until I had seen and experienced enough - nearly two years later. It was, without doubt, the best thing I ever did! Have a great season; I am very envious.
snow conditions
@Dawg, reply sent.

@jaksbak, Thanks! I feel the same, obviously. Sometimes you have to stop making excuses for not living your dreams and just go for it.
latest report
Hi Kelse - I don't appear to have received any reply?
ski holidays
Hey sorry I replied to a message but it was actually from someone else. Can you resend as I don't appear to have got yours.
latest report
Hi kelse
Interested this month. Is there snow there now. Am Skier who can also board. Recent boarder wants to get more experience on piste. Like to board with boarder. Let me know availability this month. Thanks. Will ms details if follow up. Deeps
snow conditions
@Deepski, the resort doesn't open until 10 December and I wont be there until then. You'd be better off looking at the higher altitude resorts like Val Thorens which opens from the end of November and I think there are some high resorts in Austria which also open a bit early.
snow report
Kelse - this sounds like a fab offer - and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic season. If any solos want to ski pre-xmas mid-December, I've got a cheap accommodation deal in Cervinia, Italy, on hold and looking for peeps to join the party - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127513
Drop by and see if you're interested.
Damian
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy