Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Was just looking at the Les Gets livecam and hoping it was doing the same round the corner.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@duncansarmy, great news! Do you know if the Super Morzine link is open or did you come down on the Prodains?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took the run down to the prodains car park. Super M not open yet, can't imagine it will be closed for long though, was open last year with less snow as far as I can remember. Still snowing here so could even be open at the w/e
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@duncansarmy, brill, thanks. I know it's easy enough to get the bus up to Prodains or Ardent but I've told my mates to hire from near SM so we can leave our clobber there rather than cart it back to the apartment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for Skiddy recommendation!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The LG webcam is really starting to struggle now. Stuff is getting buried....am packing my bags.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Up and leaving Avoriaz shortly to come home. It has snowed heavily overnight, there is easily 30cms on the balcony. If you are heading out this weekend you are in for a great time snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent news! I'm out on Thursday...Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super Morzine link still shut. Assume that can only be because they need to prepare the pistes?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone know why the link from Morzine to Les gets via the crocus is shut
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Woken up to a nice covering this morning..

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy from embsay wrote:
Super Morzine link still shut. Assume that can only be because they need to prepare the pistes?

Open this avo' i'm told.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the updates and the photos. Really starting to get excited now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@duncansarmy, cheers dude. All good for Monday then! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit off-topic, but can anyone recommend a ski shop near the Super Morzine lift that has lockers so I can leave my (own) boots and skis etc?

Thanks for all the updates. I'm out on Wednesday and may have timed it just right...!
latest report
KVet79 wrote:
A bit off-topic, but can anyone recommend a ski shop near the Super Morzine lift that has lockers so I can leave my (own) boots and skis etc?

Thanks for all the updates. I'm out on Wednesday and may have timed it just right...!

Can't think of a shop but if you make the short journey over to the plenney lift there's lockers there you can hire, heated too.
snow report
There's a skiset and Intersport right beside the SM afair. We usually get Ski Mobile or another mobile place to come to us with skis and boots, then use the lockers in the Pleney if we're hitting the town or not fussed on bringing the skis back to the apartment.
ski holidays
KVet79 wrote:

Skiset ABC is right next to it and has a room downstairs to leave your stuff (no lockers though I think).
snow report
Thanks guys.
ski holidays
Hubert Sport next to SM has lockers, I think.
latest report
Hi all, heading to Avoriaz tomorrow for a week, snow came just in time for us! Does anyone know of a good spot to wax/edge a board and rent ski equipment near la falaise area?
ski holidays
Finally had the Melezes and Vorosses open in Les Gets today. And apparently Mt Chery will be opening tomorrow, according to the GO.
I popped into the village on the bus this afternoon for some shopping and there were cars spattered alongside the road on the way back fitting chains.
snow report
@hullabulloo, We used Skiland and rented in advance on http://www.skiset.co.uk/ski-resort/avoriaz/ a couple of seasons ago and we were very happy with the service. Had a great choice of equipment and helpful staff.
snow report
Pamski wrote:
Finally had the Melezes and Vorosses open in Les Gets today. And

Was Melezes worth the wait? My favourite run in the PdS.
latest report
@Rois1980, well I have known it a lot nicer but ok. I came home, things to do about midday and OH said it was very chopped up and lumpy later . It is my favourite too.
snow report
We went to Les Gets for the day, snowed non-stop, fresh deep snow everywhere. Bit windy at times and a little tricky to see...must invest in some new googles Wink
snow report
Pretty good everywhere in Morzine and Les Gets today. Mt Chery open, but far side still closed as is run down to village. Being posted so should be open soon. Red run down from Chamossiere would have been the best if not for poor visibility.
snow conditions
You necan s to get up earlier @ardbroilach, wink

Great couple of hours last around Morzine-Nyon-Chamoissiere- Les Gets and then home via Golf lift and down the Stade. Legs killing me now but we've had visitors for 4 days and I need to burn off the tartiflette!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KVet79 wrote:

Gravier ski shop,
Owner is Michel! Great guy, very friendly and helpful.

It is near the tourist office, may not be close enough for you, maybe 200m walk. I use him all the time
snow conditions
Posting this from Chez Flo in Avoriaz, pistes are in great condition and the sun is out but it's very cold with the wind. Looks like it'll be a great week!
ski holidays
I do enjoy a lunch Chez Flo.. Very Happy The free schnapp shots always warms you up before you head back out... Toofy Grin
snow report
Lovely and bright in Les Gets today. Quite cold... and already about minus 11 at 6 pm. Quieter than yesterday, a few runs in the Rosta bowl, Tulipe and Sautenilles, over to Nyon, getting colder and colder and we whizzed back to La Paika for lunch dropping down the Vorosses to catch the bus home later. Walk with the dog on Mt Caly finished off a good day with friends here.
ski holidays
Headed over to Switzerland from Morzine today, very cold, especially on the peaks.

Even had to buy some new Hestra Mittens, any excuse Very Happy
snow report
Sunny and pretty chilly all round in Chatel today. Great to see the majority of the Super Chatel resort now open so you can link to Morgins now and the Morclans chair is open so possibilities over towards Petit Chatel too. We're going to try a loop around to Pre Le Joux from Super Chatel via Morgins and the rest tomorrow. Going to make sure I've got lots of clothes on as it's going to be even colder snowHead
snow report
Amazing news all round and seemingly some more snow on the horizon. Great to hear the reports. Keep them coming please.
snow report
We arrived in Les Gets on Sat, started skiing Sunday morning. I think snow is better than this time last year. Tulipes, Sautenailles and Fenerets all v nice. Melezes has artificial snow at top but the rest is fine. We skied Chamossiere red yesterday, good snow cover and only a couple of patches of ice. Went to Morzine today and the field by Fys was all covered in snow. We've been there when nowt but grass and mud and grazing horses. Pistes are quiet, I heard a resident saying there were loads of cancellations. It's really really cold but sunny and no more snow forecast this week.
latest report
Very excited as I'm coming out to Morzine on Thursday.
latest report
@Miss Smith, snow most definitely better than this time last year snowHead
snow report
I was these this week last year also and we made best use of the pistes in the condition they were. It's great to have the updates, keep them coming. I'm out on Sunday. Can't wait.
snow report
bompey wrote:
Very excited as I'm coming out to Morzine on Thursday.

Me too! Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy