Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
To answer myself, Châtel is reporting 1.7m at 2200m. Not bad start at all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Openings according to http://www.passionportesdusoleil.tk/etat-du-domaine/

Champéry – Les Crosets :
Ouverture partielle du domaine le week-end 19 et 20 Novembre 2016.

Châtel :
Week-end 3-4 décembre : Secteur Pierre Longue – Rochassons
Tous les jours dès le 10 décembre : Secteurs Linga, Pré-la-Joux et liaison Avoriaz
Intégralement dès le 17 décembre 2016

Avoriaz :
Dès vendredi 9 décembre 2016

everywhere else 17 décembre 2016
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MorganW, here's an on the spot report from Chatel (a real person using a tape measure) which is reporting 110cm at 1800m. Sounds like 160cm somewhere up high is not impossible!

http://www.chatelweb.com/chatel_snow_report.php
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, I read Chatelweb daily, brilliant site!

Wonder where the official Châtel people are getting their measurements from - whether it's human based or automatic measurement?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chatelweb.com is fantatstic, even better this year with the weather maps from Meteociel.fr

I think the 110cm at 1800m though is cumulative fresh snow, rather than the current snow depth. While there has been little thaw, the fresh snow will have compacted down to around 60% of this figure.

The Les Gets official facebook page reported 70cm at the top of the Chavannes gondola (1620m) a couple of days ago.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MorganW wrote:
The Times is reporting 160cm snow dumped in PDS over the last week. Is there truth to that?

Don't forget though PDS is a pretty big area! Looking at webcams Avoriaz looks great but Morzine looks pretty thin. Hopefully there's a few more dumps to follow for the lower resorts also Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MorganW, Chamonix reporting sensible 1m at 1,800m and more higher up.

All very promising.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MorganW, Chamonix reporting sensible 1m at 1,800m and more higher up.

All very promising.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When is the ski season due to get under way? It's my birthday the weekend of 3rd December and potentially planning s cheeky last minute ski dash!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ricklovesthepowder, what exactly do you mean by "get under way"?

Various areas opened lifts last weekend, various more plan to this weekend...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, fantastic news. That's esrly though isn't it as I'm sure that Avoriaz doesn't usually open its lifts until mid December usually?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our full area (PdS) opening is typically around Decmeber 18th, Avoriaz often open the week earlier. Opening weekends begin as soon as the snow allows.

So yeah, its great news and a really early season start for us. Cant wait to get out and start skiing from the 10th a whole week of free skiing before work sets in.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Ricklovesthepowder, it is encouraging. Avoriaz for instance is aiming to open 9 Dec.

Les Houches however has been targetting 19 Nov since it published dates.

All of this is all very "who knows" as snow is so sketchy and variable at this time of year.

And different areas put different priorities on - and they don't always open everything... etc.

Anyway, it's looking good as far as one can say, so fingers crossed it's at least a good base.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went up to the top of Chamossiere on Saturday. There was in excess of a metre without drifting. The ski down was lovely.
Yesterday I toured around Avoriaz. Great snow for the time of year and they were beginning to piste Arare, Fornet and Chavanette.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@zzz, nice. Champoluc still awaiting a dump ... wink
ski holidays
@under a new name,
😥
snow report
@zzz, made quite a bit of snow over last few days though...and this: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/14-days/champoluc-champlan_italy_3178915
snow report
Heading to Chatel and Champoluc this season so funny to see both on this page as I lurked around. Just beginning to get a little excited...... and I know it's a long way off and I should calm down but I love the anticipation too. The highs and lows - literally
snow conditions
@under a new name,
Well we are still on for that early weekend if it's good. If not there's always morzine or Cham..... sigh
ski holidays
@zzz, we are too and while it would be nice to have a change ... 1st world problems, eh?
snow conditions
@zzz and @under a new name - greetings guys, hope all well.

Just thought I'd swing by and see what's happening! No skiing for me this year (boo!), but off somewhere special for one of those "round" birthdays...

Love to all snowHead
snow conditions
I hear Avoriaz is opening next weekend snowHead I shall be on the slopes, although it did open on 5/12 last year and then we had nowt until January!
snow conditions
Ah yes, we remember that only too well @Nadenoodlee.
ski holidays
Hi folks. Cheeky question and appealing to the PdS locals. I have a few days booked, flights to GVA 17th-21st Dec with my brother and our 2 teenagers and looking for a self catering apartment for 4 nights. Any local recommendations before I go airbnb-ing? Thanks
snow conditions
Hmm just looking at the Avoriaz webcams and there seems to have been quite a bit of melting at village level. Fingers crossed the base up high has stayed and we get some more snow Smile
ski holidays
@FlyingStantoni, greetings.

No skiing again!

Enjoy that birthday.
snow conditions
It seems Champery no longer opening this weekend.
snow report
Chatel website is still saying partial opening this coming weekend.
Does anyone know if this is still the case given the onset of very mild conditions, and the strong likelihood of heavy rain later this week?
I'd rather battle with the PLJ crowd than Ardent this Saturday Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here says that Chatel will no longer be opening.

ski holidays
Here says that Chatel will no longer be opening.

latest report
@gordonrussell76, The official page is here:

http://info.chatel.com/dates-et-horaires-d-ouverture.html confirming 3/4 December
ski holidays
The joys of interseason....think he's licked a bit too much salt off the road.
Taken last sunday, Mont Chery in the background is mostly green now, being south facing. Other slopes look ok above 1500m.

latest report
No snow in the forecast for the next 10 days or so, obviously that can change and there's still plenty of time before Christmas. Having said that does anyone know how much snowmaking is going on up in Avoriaz? The webcams aren't positioned well to show that sort of thing.
snow conditions
Actually scratch what I said about long term forecasts changing. J2Ski has loads of snow in the 10-14 day range, let's all agree that clearly they are by far the most accurate forecasters around and those 10-14 day long term forecasts are always correct.
latest report
zzz relates that Avoriaz snowmaking well under way and pisting also...

Some cannons running on Morzine lower slopes this morning.
snow report
Indeed. Good cover on piste in the Fornet and Chavanette area. Arare looks ok too. Anything north facing above 1800m is going to be ok.
Lots of snowmaking going on.
ski holidays
Anyone on the ground in Chatel - are the cannons able to run? I don't suppose anything happening in the Super Chatel area but would expect action in the Linga/PLJ sectors.
ski holidays
Don't know about Chatel but the Avoriaz website says it's opening quite a lot this Friday and that the pistes are in better condition for the time of year than they have been for the last couple of years. Will be interesting to get some feedback from anybody who gets up there this weekend.
ski holidays
I'll be there this weekend, so will let you know on Monday.
ski holidays
@alj, Think the current plan is that Linga & PLJ will be open from Saturday 10th. I'm arriving late on Friday 9th so I'm going to call the ski shop later this week to see how things are looking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy