Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Blowing an enormous blizzard in 2000, no idea how low it is settling. Lets see what tomorrow brings, of to bed knackered, boarding is tiring. 2 x teenage boys with us, they had their 1st snowboard lesson today, a 2 hour private snowboard lesson, left them destroyed. They are in bed already. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still snowing heavy in 2000, blasts everywhere, wind is up but seen it worse, lets see what happens at lift opening time.

Handy for anyone ever coming out to bookmark. Link to lift, fairly much live

http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=les-arcs&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=fr
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunday 5 March. Can you ever get bored of POWDER DAYS?!

After the disappointment of Saturday when most lifts were closed. We headed over to La Plagne on Sunday instead.

With all the snow in the last few days, even with the high winds. If you found the sheltered places you were sure to have a great time. It did not disappoint!

We spent the whole day, even after the sun left us and the clouds and snow returned putting down fresh tracks in untouched powder almost everywhere we went.

What a a day. A picture speaks a thousand words so take a look at the photos and see what we were doing! Photos are posted in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Just scroll towards the end to find the latest photos. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

On Monday I will be else where so my next post will be in a few days. Enjoy the powder on Monday see you all again shortly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Arpette having a coffee. All high lifts shut but took bus to 1600. Nuts on the slopes, powder and still snowing heavy. How is work everyone?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@thefatcontroller, pah.
Still think you should try to get over to Villaroger...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Arctic Roll, buttons & boards. An adventure we haven't tried. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's only 150 m - if all else fails you can walk up past the huskie kennels (we do that if the queue is too long...) Worth it though, for all the space and first tracks over that side
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:
In Arpette having a coffee. All high lifts shut but took bus to 1600. Nuts on the slopes, powder and still snowing heavy. How is work everyone?

Sorry, I have my hands over my ears... and I can't hear you....!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More later but got to 1600 saw some insane snow on piste, back up in 2000 now but everything shut, massive winds. Afternoon of chocolate and telly ahead.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://en.lesarcs.com/livecam-arc2000.html#ong333

Who's left those skis and bags there? Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zayna99 wrote:
http://en.lesarcs.com/livecam-arc2000.html#ong333

Who's left those skis and bags there? Puzzled

Potentially pisteurs, they are hiding just out of camera in hotel. Was chatting to them 30 mins ago, they told us to go in.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It looks wild! Thought for a moment someone was buried upside down... Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They've gone. I take my eye off the camera for one minute and miss all the action Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zayna99 wrote:
It looks wild! Thought for a moment someone was buried upside down... Very Happy

Wild does not begin to describe it, I had 2 kids in tow who were not taking no for an answer to going out from me, thankfully the pisteur set them straight Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're there in two weeks time. And I was worrying that the snow would be all gone!
snow report
Heading out to 1950 in 3 and a half weeks. Up until now I was concerned about the potential poor snow conditions... right now I'm worried the village will be blown off the mountain. Looks crazy on the webcam at 1950, but rather more relaxed down at 1800 and 1600!
snow report
By Pre Saint Esprit bus stop about 10.30am this morning, calm before the storm...

Arepette restaurant

Under the Arpette chair, a whiteout, no idea where the piste was and deep, deep snow on piste. From the top of Carelly, why was it open(?), to the flat run to 1600 was one of the grimest we have done. The visibility got much worse than the photo shows.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 6-03-17 17:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
7pm in Arc 2000, still a blizzard.
snow report
@thefatcontroller, lovin it!
Just hope there's enough base and low temps in March to make it last until we get there on 1st April...
snow conditions
Major panic. Been told our bread, croissants and pain au chocolate will be late in the morning as road shut Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Right bed beckons, shattered, boarding powder is a killer. Still blowing a blizzard outside in 2000. Not confident we will have anything open in the morning, forecast is a lightening of the snow during the day but still high winds.
snow report
Hmmm I travel out to 1800 tomorrow. I'm believing in the forecast that says snow and winds all stop by the evening to be replaced by a week of blue sky and sunshine. Or perhaps that was just a dream. rolling eyes
latest report
@arking, We had grass in January. Will take today over that anytime.
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, would you mind popping out and knocking the ice off the lens of the Livecam? Can barely see a thing!
ski holidays
It will be my companions third trip this season, he was there over Christmas and again in January. Today he is definitely thinking it's going to be third time lucky. Very Happy
latest report
5am blasting. New definition of laziness. Looking at a live web cam from your bed as you can't be asked looking out a curtain. It's still snowing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Lots of fresh snow, maybe 50cm at 1800m over the last 24 hours although difficult to say for sure as it's been very windy and a lot of snow has been moved around. Pisteurs are busy this morning with lots of PIDA blasting. Looks like they lobbing explosives off the terrace of the Arpette on to the slope directly below! Never seen that before. Higher slopes will be slow to open, if they open at all.

Tree-ometer looking very snowy this morning.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rob@rar, I can confirm looking at the decking of the restaurant opposite us that an absolute poo-poo load of snow fell last night in 2000 and still snowing, not due to stop till this evening? Normally they clear the deck by hand but have had to bring a machine in this morning its so deep. Can't see 2000 area opening quickly this morning.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Can't see 2000 area opening quickly this morning.
Nope.

Quite sheltered where I am at 1800m, so the wind is now very light and the snow has almost stopped. Just popped out to take some trash to the bins and it's thigh deep outside my front door. Not seen it's been that deep since November.
latest report
@thefatcontroller, @rob@rar, what sort of temps are we looking at ?
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, down to -6 degree overnight at 1800m, currently -3. Temperature spiked around the middle of the day yesterday to about +2 but it's most been in the range of -2 to -5 (at 1800m) for all of the storm. Colder higher up, obviously. The snow is not super light, nor warm and heavy.
ski holidays
Some of the blasts in 2000 are nuts, shaking the whole apartment block.
latest report
It's a day to use The Force. Not much viz above 2200m, but plenty of fresh turns available by the side of the easier pistes. Any risk 4 so caution required.

Enjoying a caffeine top up in the Arpette, accompanied by PIDA shock waves Happy
latest report
Heading out on Sunday - can't wait Very Happy
ski holidays
Sun came out around 1pm in Arc 2000 and it stopped snowing but now 2.15pm and snowing heavy again. Getting tired of this fresh stuff now, tired, but kids want to go back out.... rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
Getting tired of this fresh stuff now, tired, but kids want to go back out.... rolling eyes Laughing

Serves you right for gloating!

Very Happy Laughing
snow conditions
Never got out of the bowl today, grim most of the day but now only snowing very lightly. Conditions are amazing, tiring having to smash your way through powder all day. Did go back out with the kids, one could board 2 are having lessons. The 2 on lessons did Plagnettes with their instructor today in a blizzard and no visibility, twice. They were fine when I went out with them this afternoon. 3 x teenage kids who can board and ski, my work is complete.....

Expecting the lifts to open over the top tomorrow so should be another fine day....

For those wondering just how much has fallen, this is the car park at Pre Saint Esprit. Spot the lost camper van...
snow conditions
Tuesday 7 March. As hoped for, it was an amazing powder day and worth the effort of driving back last night!

I was so pleased I managed to miss the storm on my drive back last night. With 10cm in the garden today promised to be a great day! It did not disappoint!

I shall not bore you with all the routes we did today. Let me just say we started at 9.30am and except for a very short break for lunch we kept going until 6pm!

Almost everywhere we went was untracked powder, deep, soft, light and fluffy! It was AMAZING!!

Take a look at the photos for today and enjoy our journey into the dark forests of Les Arcs and even all the way down to the mid station of the Funicular.

The higher lifts were closed all day although they did open the Carreley Chair later in the day. The Mont Blanc chair opened late as did the Vagere chair. With so much to do in the Arc 1600 and Arc 1800 areas we did not go across to the Peisey Vallandry area.

Conditions everywhere on piste were excellent with a layer of soft powder on a hard base. The off piste was awesome with waist deep and even higher powder at times and I did not hit a rock all day!

Photos from today will be posted shortly in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Just scroll down towards the end.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Anyone wanting to join us tomorrow needs to contact me before 9am. by PM to get the meeting point details. You must have avalanche safety gear (Arvi Gear) to come with us!

Hope you all enjoy the fresh snow as much as we are doing! Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 8-03-17 1:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
RACE TRAINING in Les ARCS!
For anyone interested the details of the Race Training for April are now published on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. You need to go to the link below to open the page and then follow the Instructions. It is easy. The race training is a bargin and aimed at your kids, but adults can also take part if they are interested. It is being run by the ESF Race coaches that speak good English. All coaching is in English! You need to sign up quickly as places are limited.

Hope to see some mini snowheads and even their parents take part! Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy