Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest way to La Plagne from Grenoble Airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Am looking at booking trip to La Plagne and looks like Grenoble airport will be the cheapest to fly to.
After looking at transfers, the cheapest would be about £75 return which is so frustrating when you spend less on the flight!!

Am wondering what other options of travel there would be from Grenoble airport to La Plagne? Public bus..train? We have plenty of time available and were thinking of perhaps staying in Grenoble for one night. Are there buses from airport into geneva and then other options available?

Any advice from budget loving snowheads would be appreciated. Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk they give snowhead discount, but why would you want to waste a night in Grenoble Puzzled and surely betime youve paid for a Hotel you could have paid for the transfer. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ too. They're as cheap as anyone and can't beat your £75, sounds like a good price to me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

looking at transfers, the cheapest would be about £75 return which is so frustrating when you spend less on the flight!!
It's the French Alps remember - general rule of thumb: You'll be screwed for every penny. We paid £50 for flights to Lyon in about 1993 and I remember feeling the same as you when transfers to La plagne were £60 return....Realistically, you'd be getting flights and transfers for under £150. Not bad at all.
Quote:

Are there buses from airport into geneva
Shocked Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well what hourly cost would you run a van for.
I guess at least 5 hours round trip one way(if that makes sense)

Probably £15 hour to cover all costs???
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The cheepest way is probably:

Bus from the airport to Grenoble station (Grenoble airport is a fair way out of town)
Train from Grenoble to either Aim, or Bourg
and then get the bus from there to La Plagne. I am pretty sure there are busses from Bourg to La Plagne, but it has been years since I was at Aime station.

Remember this is France - they have public transport.

As to getting a bus from Grenoble airport to Geneva - don't even think about it.

As for doing it really cheeply - whatever happeneed to hitch hiking. I have quite often picked hitchers up in the Alps.

Oh may I also reccomend doubling checking that you are flying to Grenoble. A good friend of mine thought he was and he only discoveerd on landing that he was in Geneva. He had even bought a transfer from Grenoble!

John
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

If you've found a return transfer for £75 per person I would go for this if I was you - that's a good price from Grenoble to La Plagne. The thing is you are about 3 hours away from resort by car, so think what an equivilant UK journey in a taxi would cost for that and work back.

As mentioned above, the public transport options are:

- bens bus return to Aime (€77) + bus from Aime to La Plagne (around €15) return

- bus from airport to train station (around €15) + train from Grenoble to Aime €25) + bus from Aime to La Plagne (€10)

The train is quite a faff tbh. The bus into Grenoble takes nearly and hour and then there aren't normally direct trains so you have to change, and then schlep all of your stuff the other end.

Happy planning!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the help. I haven't actually booked anything as yet..just looking into options. Writing geneva is there was just a mistake...meant grenoble.
To be really fickle, am now looking at the option of les deux alps (Will be booking with UCPA for a short week and they start first thing on monday 2nd jan). Can see the airport is a whole lot closer to les deux alps and transfers about £45 return.
Are there public buses from grenoble up to the deux alps? Was thinking of staying in grenoble overnight on the sunday so can get to les deux first thing on monday. flights in on the monday would not get me to resort before lunch.
Thanks once again for your help.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rachel78, Yes there are public buses from the bus station which is next to the railway station, they are very cheap http://www.transisere.fr/ . However the shuttle from the airport is more than it used to be, now 12.5€.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're looking for a cheap hotel near Grenoble Station don't be tempted by the Alizé, worst hotel I've stayed in ever, anywhere!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or hire a care!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rachel78, airport/bus station return fare is 25€ and Grenoble/2Alpes return is about 15€, saving of a fiver over bensbus and a lot more faff (get to bus station, hang about, possible change at Bourg d'Oisans depending on the bus). You could do bensbus direct to resort and book a hotel there for the night, probably easier, assuming you can get the accommodation.

Hotels here:
http://www.hotel-les-lutins.com/en/en_index.htm
http://www.les2alpesleisure.com/english/

Youth hostel here:
http://www.fuaj.org/les-deux-alpes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If there are a number of you travelling why not check out cost of hiring a car? A few times I taken a SleazyJet flight into Lyon and then picked up a VW Polo / equivalent from Europcar - from memory I think 8/9 days hire was about £150

Last year I got a BA flight from London City into Chambery then Altibus to La Plagne - flights are a bit pricey (£140) but return fare on the bus is €50 ppn so the whole deal is better than I can find by train and total journey time, home to resort, is about 8 hours; doing the same again this coming January.
snow report
 annieporterpayne
annieporterpayne
There are many cheapest car rental companies offer car rental services. You can check online about these companies. You can also check their services and price.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think 75 return is a bargain for that distance, good value. I'd bite their hand off
snow report
Also la plagne centre ucpa is great, proper skin in ski out great bar, sun terrace for lunch on slopes, good lessons, sizeable rooms with balconies, en Suite. Not been to deux alpts one but would recommend ucpa
snow report
julietp wrote:
I think 75 return is a bargain for that distance, good value. I'd bite their hand off

The price might have gone up since 2011, I think you've just been the victim of a spammer.
snow conditions
+1
I reported it as spam yesterday but no action was taken.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy