Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
A fair and pleasantly complimentary article.
And fun working out where all the pictures are: i've got them all except the very first one . . . Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jonpim, Sources? Just above Belle Plagne? The avalanche fence looks familiar?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's snowing Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, i did wonder about that, but shouldn't we also see some of the runs down to Champagny from that position?

Good news Snow and Sunshine, but as discussed in the WeatherThread, not much bearing on what it will be like in 6 weeks time . . .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ukredsox wrote:
Looks like skiing right to the door of the shops/restaurants in PC might be a thing of the past

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#31_10_16

From the pictures, I would imagine that some of the restaurants are going lose their 'deckchair' seating in this plan?? (Croq Neige, La Vache Rouge and Coquottes used to seat LOTS of people in deckchairs outside their 'area'.) And there is much less access for the Oxygene buses to get in near the shop. With luck it will all make sense when its finished and it snows!!

It looks a proper work in progress right now. If its done by November (any time in November) I'll be surprised. The only bonus of the rain today is that the dust will go for a while!!!!

Here's crossing fingers that it will finish on time though
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
La Plagne this evening, from La Plagne Twitter feed,
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim, you may be right technically - but we're still excited! Hopefully the stuff which falls up the top, glacier etc should stay until the season - it's proper cold up there now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course, notwithstanding my previous comments, after tea and toast and orange juice, the first thing i did this morning was tune into the La Plagne webcams
And . . . wow!
Right cheered me up on this chilly windy day.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 6-11-16 11:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like it should be staying colder for at least a week or two according to meteo.fr and lots more precipitation forecast as well over the Alps.
The webcams are looking a lot better this morning, plenty of snow at la Rossa café at the top of the gondola in Champagny. Bergerie and Bijolin are the only other higher altitude cameras that seem to be working at the moment - www.la-plagne.com/infos-live/webcams.html
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bet they wish they'd finished this wall a bit earlier!! Anyone know what they are trying to do? I think this is the ski school meet area if memory serves me well!

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, err, chaletgirl, 5 posts above gives the answer and a link ... Very Happy

In short its Elfinsafety, separating walkers and skiers on the snow front.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@boredsurfin, Embarassed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

after tea and toast and orange juice, the first thing i did this morning was tune into the La Plagne webcams

snap - me too. Looking nice up there! My facebook feed is full of pictures of kids sledging. . . .thinking of going up myself tomorrow Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If this was a months time, this forecast would be a bit exciting Very Happy

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ukredsox, and just a tiny bit exciting even now.
It will be interesting watching the webcams (Bergerie and Bijolin available) to see if that forecast comes to pass.
latest report
Roche de Mio working now too
snow conditions
Thank you rdsweb, looks rather nice up there, but no view just now coz of the clouds.

Panoramique du Fornelet also working snowHead
latest report
What a surprise - a bit of snow and the webcams start working again! The PR gremlins have been busy! I'm sure after a bit more snow the lower altitude cams will also spring into life!! Laughing
snow report
You might get your wish sooner rather than later @chopkins13, - the first flakes are just falling in our garden in the bottom of the valley - and looks like it's getting heavier!
snow report
Jonpim wrote:

Panoramique du Fornelet also working snowHead

The Montalbert tourist office have said whilst the Montalbert webcam is being mended (since July!) they will try to keep the Fornelet webcam working (its at the top of the Adrets lift ) so people can see the snow at the top of the Gondola ... They think the Monty webcam may be mended in December!

http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/webcam-montalbert-fornelet

This camera also looks at Les Arcs in the background Very Happy
snow report
Ooooo! Isn't it all looking really rather lovely snowHead
ski holidays
Montalbert first snowfall of the season

Photo credit:ESF Montalbert / Facebook
snow report
Here are the dates of the first natural snowfall in MONTALBERT (1350m) of each season for the last 12 years.

2005/2006 28th November
2006/2007 22nd November
2007/2008 7th November
2008/2009 29th October
2009/2010 08th November (not sure if accurate)
2010/2011 16th November
2011/2012 05th December
2012/2013 28thOctober
2013/2014 10th November
2014/2015 9th December
2015/2016 21st November
2016/2017 9th November
snow conditions
The snow front (lower down by the restaurants and Spar) look a bit challenged at the moment, but there is still a month to go. I guess the workers may have preferred the snow to start a little later!!

snow report
New Chairlift Envers opening pushed back to February or maybe later! Embarrassed lift co?
www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm
snow conditions
Oops!
snow conditions
I've just been looking at renewing our season passes and found out my edenski account needed re-validating, I assume it is worth doing this before purchasing the season passes so I don't miss out on the Edenski points.
This meant having to attach a copy of our 2016 Taxe Fonciere document, they want 2 pages but they both have to be combined in one file. I imported both pages from a scanner into a word file.
May be worth noting if you normally leave it to the last minute before renewing your season pass.
I also assume it applies just to 'The Property Owners Programme' and not the 'Edenski Programme'.
snow report
chopkins13 wrote:
What a surprise - a bit of snow and the webcams start working again! The PR gremlins have been busy! I'm sure after a bit more snow the lower altitude cams will also spring into life!! Laughing

RDM cam is working but GR is still stuck in last April......not that going back to last April would be a bad thing Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Envers not going to open until February boredsurfin? And my not open this season at all!
Bummer!
I was quite looking forward to riding that one. Sad
ski holidays
to piste or not to piste?

With all the snow the resort has had in the last week (and with more forecast this weekend) - isn't it time to dust of the piste bashers and get all that lovely snow pisted to give it the best chance of sticking around?
latest report
Montalbert looking good this afternoon, wish I was there snowHead

ski holidays
Wow!
Looks wonderful.
Wish i was there too.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

Are you there all season?
snow report
Picture postcard. Stunning!
ski holidays
Ooooohhh - gorgeous pic @boredsurfin,
snow report
chaletgirl wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Are you there all season?

Not this season just the usual holidays planned so far ....
ski holidays

The view from our apartment terrace up to Champagny le Haut

The view this morning across to Courchevel from Champagny
A couple more photos of the current conditions in La Plagne. It has been a beautiful but cold day, -5 when I went to the car around 9am this morning.
snow conditions
skichampcouk, impressive snow for 1250m.
Long may it stay cold.
Only a month to go now . . . .
ski holidays
I think I was the only person who when out on Friday! (Didn't realise it was a bank holiday!!) Knee deep snow over night - lush Smile

snow conditions
Our first trip La Plagne (well Belle Plagne) taking wife and her two kids (they have 2 weeks of skiing under their belts). Staying at the Hotel Turquoise which seemed to have a decent ski in/ out look to it!! Any tips, hints, decent blues to take them all out on. Going out on Dec 27th for a week. Kids are just about old enough to allow us adults a sneaky few beers on our own so any tips on the après be good to have. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy