Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
what I meant was similar to the Les Arcs official/unoffical thread each year
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TWJ, There are no official threads on snowHeads as Layne said anyone can start a thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy wrote:
As for taking out the Carroley. That is CRAZY!

Is that the tired 2 man lift? If they're taking that out then does it mean that you have to do the rope tow to get to the Les Coches side? I've only been twice but really enjoyed the pistes down that side in amongst the trees. My first trip was to La Plagne and Pierres Blanches was one of the pistes that made me fall in love with the sport.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
10% discount on ski passes before 1st November
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Yes, that is the lift. I agree that they needed to upgrade that lift, but taking it out and now making us go up Crozats, then on a moving carpet, then on a rope tow just to end up lower down than you did with the old chair makes NO sense to anyone I have spoken to. The only comment I keep hearing is that it will save on staff. If true that is even more crazy!! It will be interesting to see how it works.

Also for those wanting to buy season passes. You have until end of November and get 20% discount.

@boredsurfin, I know it is your choice and I will still add stuff that I think will be helpful to you folks over the other side, but it is rather lazy to just add another year to the same thread IMO. Means people new do not easily know where the thread for this season begins. Anyway hope you have a good season. Bring on the snow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowcrazy, The La Plagne thread runs at the same pace as their lifts, out of date and slow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowcrazy, I suspect that it's safety related that the other lift had to come out, and cost related that a new one didn't go back in.

Booked my trip now, heading to Belle Plagne over new year so hoping there's more snow than the last few years snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodlesMcFlude, the 10 Year Plan for La Plagne as set out in 2014 (http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114866) clearly states that the underlying principle is reducing the number of lifts.
Some improved efficiency would seem sensible, but it does depend on the reliability of the lifts remaining. The Collosses lift out of Bellecote is a case point.
And leaving only one lift for key links is risky. Espace Killy has 2 ways of out of almost everywhere. Not so La Plagne. Hence terrible problems when the Arpette lift packs up for those in Montchavin/Les Coches or those returning to Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim wrote:
Hence terrible problems when the Arpette lift packs up for those in Montchavin/Les Coches or those returning to Les Arcs.

Ain't that da truth. Stuck waiting for Arpette to be fixed / declared US / lifties back from extended lunch and fag break can be mighty stressful!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy