Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

At last!

The Montalbert Village webcam is working again. ⛷🎿❄️️

Looks like they may have spruced up the white lines on the road?! Can't spot anything else different from last year... I can't come skiing this year so I'm making do with a game of 'spot the difference' as and when the webcams go live... rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They seem to have finished the main bit of work in Plagne Centre Smile I'll have a walk up to Croq Neige tomorrow when its quiet and see what that looks like Smile

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the pics chaletgirl.
I wonder what it will look like when the the snow returns . . . ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chopkins13, The trees and old shed near Arbrevoir have gone Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim wrote:
Thanks for the pics chaletgirl.
I wonder what it will look like when the the snow returns . . . ?

When it does, I'll let you know Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A quick reminder to anybody considering buying a season pass that the reduced rate finishes on Wednesday 30th November. You can now also pay in 3 instalments if you wish.

The cost of the pass has risen by less than 1% in euro terms, for a Paradiski season pass this year it is 802.50 euros compared to 795 euros last year.
However, in sterling terms it is around 19% more expensive than this time last year, welcome to the wonderful brave new World of Brexit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the reminder skichampcouk, though we got ours some weeks ago.
And it is a bit of a bummer about the significant price increase - i think last year i calculated that advantageous exchange rate then meant the pass actually was a little cheaper than 2014/5.
So working even more overtime than usual to cover the costs of this season.

Meantime, webcams looking a little sadder with each day, and with temperatures in the region of 7C - 10C for midday it will continue to do so for some time yet Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yesterday morning, the snow front road still needs some work!! Shock Here's hoping they manage that this week

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I do love the views when the sky is clear, but I really do hope it snows soon!! Smile

http://youtube.com/v/Gll8X-YMS3Q
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chaletgirl, Brilliant thanks for posting
Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keep your eyes on the coming Italian Election there is talk of Italy leaving the Euro... Could be good for the exchange rate.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonpim, It's pretty cold out here at the moment, it seems a lot colder than this time last year, it definitely feels like winter has arrived. We had to scrape the ice of the car at 10am this morning and it was only 2 degrees when we returned at 12:30 so I think there is a good chance the snow cannons will be switched on soon.
They are blasting somewhere close by today, I'd assume up at the glacier but it sounds a lot closer than that. Maybe you'll be able to see a bit of piste preparation in the next week or so.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you @skichampcouk, that is rather cheery news.
I was going by the Laplagne.com weather forecast - good to know it remains as inaccurate as it was most of last season.
MeteoBlue suggests cold and sunny: lovely weather but not the sort of weather we want.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, Meteofrance seem pretty good at the moment, our weather and temperatures have been similar to their short term predictions for Pralognan which is just around the corner.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah, Pralognan-la-Vanoise.
Lovely town, and slopes look interesting, but have never managed to go there without a powerful gale blowing that stripped all the soft snow off the piste.
The webcams there don't look too good just now.
snow report
Snow cannons at work in Centre yesterday -

The snow plough seemed to be filling the ditch between the snow front and the new road - i'm guessing that they aren't expecting to finish the road??

snow conditions
chopkins13 wrote:
I can't come skiing this year so I'm making do with a game of 'spot the difference' as and when the webcams go live... rolling eyes

Remind us to arrange a webcam and time, so we can stand in front of it while you watch and we'll wave to make you feel happier Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Haha @SteveM, !!

When are you going this season?
ski holidays
Chalet girlGreat photos keep them coming. 😀⛷⛷❄️❄️
latest report
Clear blue sky, snowmachines spewing out full-blast, temperature staying cold (at least up to Saturday).
That'll do for me.
Roll on the 15th.
snow report
@chaletgirl, Yeah thanks much for the photo's Smile
latest report
Nice article from Fall line, unfortunately exposing some hidden secrets ...

http://www.fall-line.co.uk/la-plagne-drag-lift/
ski holidays
This season's challenge (if my knee holds out for piste skiing) is to get someone to teach me to ski off piste. I have never been able to ski in powder and not found anyone to help me yet. (I did joint ski lesson once but as I was the oldest and least able, to teacher told me to use the piste not the side of a cliff that everyone else was going down - on a beginners lesson - and meet them at the bottom Sad )
ski holidays
I'm stopping in the same hotel with my girlfriend for her first trip the week before. Hope there's plenty of the white stuff!. Which restaurants would you guys recommend? Best steak, pizza etc.
latest report
Nah, boredsurfin, we're safe.
Most guys on here are always on about ski-in-ski-out and thigh-burn.
Both those runs require a bit of walking, a bit of effort, a bit of puffing and sweat.
So as everyone slides on down the red, the Fall-Line runs will be left untouched.
(ducking out now to find my flak jacket Toofy Grin )
latest report
@Jonpim, Toofy Grin

@Paul F, Theres an updated ( irregularly) on piste restaurant guide here http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34049&

As for resort restaurants because of their seasonal nature whats good one year is not so good the next, so unfortunately its a bit trial and error.
ski holidays
Paul F, excuse my stupidity, but when you mention "same hotel", which hotel is that?
And when are you coming out?
snow report
It'll be interesting to see how much of this area is kept snow free (pics from Perso)

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If there is no more snowfall before 24th December will there likely be enough left from November and snow making for some reasonable piste skiing in La Plagne. We are staying in Les Coches which is clearly still way too low but hoping up top we can at least ski some pistes each day as a family
snow report
@jirac18, short answer is yes.

I have stayed in Les Coches several times and am staying their 17th to 24th.

One of the reasons we stay there is that the links to and from Les Coches have always been open even at Christmas and early April when conditions have been poor. And there will definitely be enough piste skiing at altitude to cruise around and have some fun.

You can never predict these things and clearly the short term forecast is poor but don't be surprised if things change a lot before the 24th. But even if they don't there will be skiing to be had.

The reason the links to Les Coches stay open is they snowmake heavily to keep the link to/from the Vanoise Express operational. Which is key selling point of the area for many.
latest report
Well the snow cannons were running full blast when we were up at Plagne Central for a lift pass meeting yesterday morning, and we have been sent a list of quite a few lifts and pistes which will open on the 10th. They seem pretty uncertain after that, but will be working on links to villages as best they can.
snow conditions
RobinS, any chance you could publish that list?
snow report
@Jonpim, I would if I knew how to attach a PDF!
ski holidays
How is this: http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/PREVISION_INFOS_NEIGE_10_12_2016.pdf

If it is useful, I am on the circulation list for update.
snow conditions
@RobinS Thanks! Much appreciated Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
New Terrace at the top of the Montalbert Gondola - no word yet if its for everyone or some catering outlet...
http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=103505&sid=e883a1461c3d1b34b913e348e860d946#p103482
snow report
Thanks RobinS,
but bit of a bummer for us Eightenhundreders: both 1800 and Melezes lifts fermé Shocked
Will have to be the bus Sad
snow conditions
Well, La Plagne opened yesterday:
Quote: "For the opening week, the sun is shining and la Plagne ski area offers good skiing conditions above 2200m"
But no comments from any of the "locals" Puzzled
Come on you guys! What's it like?
snow report
Who are the best value for money snowboard instructors in La Plagne 1800 - for intermediate level? And is it better to go private or join a group lesson? Will be in the area during the Christmas week. Very Happy
snow conditions
@Jonpim, We got a days skiing in the Espace Killy on Friday (excellent conditions), but are busy with work for now. What I can say is that it is considerably less cols than it was 4 or days ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy