Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Visiting La plane on the 7th

Which month? Whether she can still ski or not is ultimately a personal decision. See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17604 for discussion.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
I have contacted our operator who have said that the names will be on the ski pass, would this be correct?

I ski La Plagne a lot. I don't believe the name is physically on the card but it may be recorded on the strip/data. However, more importantly I believe the photograph you have at the lift station first time you use it and that is checked by the lifties. Something like that. In essence the pass is non transferable and you may or may not be caught out if you sell it on.

But something puzzles me a bit, why can't the operator refund you for the lift pass? I don't do TO's these days but I do buy lift passes when booking an appartments through French agencies. I would expect them to refund me the lift pass if I contacted them ahead of time.

Another option is to claim of travel insurance if you decide not to ski and can not get a refund from the TO.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Link to the Paradiski general terms and conditions

http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/conditions-generales-de-vente

My la plagne passes just arrived in the post and I can confirm as I suspected was the case that our names are printed onto the cards so I guess that makes it more difficult though not impossible to sell them on. Not that I want to sell ours can't bloody wait until Xmas!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne, I think it's just season passes which require a photo like at point of purchase
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18 wrote:
@Layne, I think it's just season passes which require a photo like at point of purchase

What I was thinking about is discussed in this thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2850030&highlight=share+ski+pass#2850030
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is a big IF - but if you go to the main SAP office in Plagne Centre NOT the pass office amongst the shops (its near the ESF kids play area) the day before the pass starts they may cancel it and refund it if you have a good story and perhaps some proof of inability to ski.... You can but try as they say. They are usually very helpful and speak good English. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looked at lift passes from April and there is no name on them so that must be a new thing I guess.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

New Aime 2000 development

New funslope in La Plagne
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne, i refer you to boredsurfin's post of Wednesday 26th October at 20:21hrs.
(you gotta get up a bit earlier on this thread Toofy Grin )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very Happy But if you know where the new picnic facility is do let us know asap!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Montalbert73, welcome back!
Your last post was December 27th 2014 - where have you been?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonpim, But the first mention so far of the new funslope on the Arpette side, similar details on this youtube link
http://youtube.com/v/LB4VNMMft8w to the link on Layne's posting.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've not seen cables on the floor before. Is this standard maintenance ?

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Watching that Funslope vid is as close as I'll come to skiing it Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ukredsox, its a Funslope, designed for kids and early intermediates - its on the Arpette slope which is not steep: you'll be fine snowHead
I think it looks like bearing it up to its name: a real fun run.
latest report
@ukredsox, wow - never seen cables dropped like that before! All the chairs must be off as well, bit close to the start of the season to be doing that!

The Funslope was advertised last year but never came to fruition whilst I was there ....
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Montalbert73, welcome back!
Your last post was December 27th 2014 - where have you been?

Spend most of my time on Twitter these days snowHead wink
snow conditions
Heres a question!
Does a 6 day la Plagne only pass include a 'free' half day so you can ski on arrival?
If so from what time can it be used the day before?
I have found conflicting info on ski pass la plagne.
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, I think it only applies to the Paradiski pass of 6 days or more. The free half day beforehand I believe is a 4 hour pass, so can be used any time.

You could of course , ahem , continue on a lift that doesn't have a lift pass check after your 4 hours is up .....
ski holidays
eblunt, Thats my my understanding but if you go to order in English it says its with the La Plagne pass as well - I have emailed them to check
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
eblunt, Thats my my understanding but if you go to order in English it says its with the La Plagne pass as well - I have emailed them to check

I can go and try out my Franglais in the lift office if you would like me to ask at the desk??
latest report
@boredsurfin,

According to the lift pass office the passes are now:

La Plagne - inlcudes a free day (of your choice) in Les Arcs (aka the old Decouvert pass)

Paradiski - includes a free half day (on day before pass starts only) from 12.30. IE if your pass runs Sun - Sat inc then you could also ski on the afternoon of the arrival saturday

These are only on 6-day passes and longer, but available on all passes (eg family, senior etc). It is apparently automatic - ie just through the turnstiles - you don't have to validate or fill in any paperwork or anything.
ski holidays
"if you go to order in English it says its with the La Plagne pass as well"

My info is in french tho - maybe if you ask in English you get extra perks!
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

I'm planning to order my pass this weekend, so I'll be interested to read what you get back from them
snow conditions
Got email reply. It's a mistake in the English page. La Plagne only bonus is day in Les Arcs. Paradise pass gives half day free.
If you went to payment page it wouldn't let you add the half day bonus to a La Plagne pass.

If buying passes other than a straight forward 6 day have a look at Skialacarte using welcome as a code the subscription drops to €15 before Nov 30 and then there are €30 Saturday's and after day nine every 5th day is €1
which can work out to be cheaper than standard passes. The day count is a count of days used and NOT consecutive. So breaks even after 22.5 days when compared to a season pass. Also charges automatically the rate for the resort you are in. ie automatically charges Paradiski rate if u go to Les Arcs.
Www.skialacarte.fr
snow conditions
Thanks boredsurfin

Meanwhile..... one of the cables on the Bergerie chair is now back up and people can be seen working on at least pylon
snow report
Not getting the free half day is not too much a problem for me. I'm staying in PV again this year, so if I arrive in time, I can drop down onto the free drag at the back of the shops/restaurants for a few loosening runs.
snow conditions
One point I forgot to mention about www.skialacarte.fr is that it is billed one month in arrears - so helpful for cash flow as well Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ukredsox, Oh yes, you could then of course get the tele metro up to 2000 and ski back down to 1800 or simply ski to the shops at 1800 and get the bus back up for free snowHead
snow report
For anybody out here at the moment there is an excellent sale of good quality ski gear this week. The Ekosport shop just outside of Albertville has 20% off everything this week, even stuff that has been previously reduced.
We've been in today and saved a fortune and are due back again tomorrow to save even more?

I've had a quick look at their website and it looks like everything has 20% off on Black Friday.
snow conditions
Both Bergerie cables are back on the floor again.

My new theory is that they're setting up for a World Record attempt for the longest side-by-side skipping ropes Smile Very Happy
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
@Gareth Green 35, Your operator is quite correct...from www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/
Quote:
INFO
The pass will have your full name on it.
It is non-transferable.
Keep the pass and reload it in the future.

Have you asked the operator? They may not have actually purchased the passes yet, if not can you claim on your holiday or even home insurance?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

They have said it is non refundable as it was a BOGOF and it would cost £35 in admin to cancel it, Insurance may be an option but being a BOGOF may complicate the matter.

Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Or continue with your skiing plans.
Were you advised to stop skiing?

Apologies I didn't see you reply, nobody as actually said don't do it, it would just seem taking an unnecessary risk, my view.

Im not too sure about it, Julia is a novice skier so maybe blues and greens maybe!
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
Quote:
Visiting La plane on the 7th

Which month? Whether she can still ski or not is ultimately a personal decision. See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17604 for discussion.

7th of January, Im thinking the slopes should be pretty quiet that week and maybe blues and green will be fine Smile
latest report
Layne wrote:
Quote:
I have contacted our operator who have said that the names will be on the ski pass, would this be correct?

I ski La Plagne a lot. I don't believe the name is physically on the card but it may be recorded on the strip/data. However, more importantly I believe the photograph you have at the lift station first time you use it and that is checked by the lifties. Something like that. In essence the pass is non transferable and you may or may not be caught out if you sell it on.

But something puzzles me a bit, why can't the operator refund you for the lift pass? I don't do TO's these days but I do buy lift passes when booking an appartments through French agencies. I would expect them to refund me the lift pass if I contacted them ahead of time.

Another option is to claim of travel insurance if you decide not to ski and can not get a refund from the TO.

Hello and thank you.

Its was a BOGOF deal on lift passes so I imagine this would be the main issue, having second thoughts on some feedback so maybe some gentle blue's would be ok just to get out of the hotel for a few hours may do her fine anyway.

Thanks
snow conditions
jirac18 wrote:
Link to the Paradiski general terms and conditions

http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/conditions-generales-de-vente

My la plagne passes just arrived in the post and I can confirm as I suspected was the case that our names are printed onto the cards so I guess that makes it more difficult though not impossible to sell them on. Not that I want to sell ours can't bloody wait until Xmas!

Thank you for confirming, have fun Smile
ski holidays
At last!

The Montalbert Village webcam is working again. ⛷🎿❄️️
ski holidays
Gareth Green 35 wrote:
They have said it is non refundable as it was a BOGOF and it would cost £35 in admin to cancel it

If it was a BOGOF then that makes it effectively a free pass right? So who gives a scooby. Either she uses it a bit or not. Makes no sense paying £35 to cancel something you effectively got for free in the first place.
ski holidays
Gareth Green 35, you might like to look at advice from the Portland Hospital on Skiing During Pregnancy.
http://www.theportlandhospital.com/blog/skiing-during-pregnancy/
snow conditions
boredsurfin, Montalbert Webcam . . .
Not quite the same as your pic of Wednesday 9th November Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy