Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else excited yet?

Poster: A snowHead
I cant wait. 10 days in early December, 2 weeks at X mas, a week at Easter and 3 long weekends organised so far.

And will be doing a few weeks more Cool

I am so childish ha ha, I cant concentrate at work already. I am going to have to pull myself together! Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same. I spend most if my time planning trips for the coming season and dreaming up future plans Smile Booked Christmas in Åre, half term in Hochfugen, a 4 day UCPA trip myself, easter in Hemavan Tärnaby. My poor wife doesn't ski (she doesn't know about the latter two yet Toofy Grin ). Wondering whether i can get some early season skiing, and really enjoyed summer skiing in Tignes this year with Snoworks so may do that again next year...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never seem to stop being excited.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You lot are light weights. 2017 is already sorted, and 2018 is already planned, saved up for and just need them to release flights etc Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still trying to find my way round the school absence rules. But I will ski.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@henzerani, Stomach bug on a Monday, need at least 3 days to recover, which soon turns into a week Happy

depends how old they are - our 4yo doesn't know how to lie and gets far too excited to tell everyone about his holidays so alas we will have to stick to holidays Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski test / Manchester - Oct 16
Sauze - Jan/Feb 17
EoSB / Val Thorens - Apr 17

That's the bank accounts empty, both brownie point and financial!!
I'd love to do more.... just waiting on that lottery pay out!! And I'm with @scarpa, I'm ALWAYS excited!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Themasterpiece, space on our Val d'Isere opening week trip....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126663#2924078
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PaulC1984, Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't wait
2 weeks Jan - Les Gets - booked
2 weeks Mar - Les Gets - booked. Children, spouses and grandchildren joining us for one of those weeks. Very excited about that week
PSB and EoSB pencilled in.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PaulC1984 wrote:
@henzerani, Stomach bug on a Monday, need at least 3 days to recover, which soon turns into a week Happy

depends how old they are - our 4yo doesn't know how to lie and gets far too excited to tell everyone about his holidays so alas we will have to stick to holidays Sad

Paul, it's an educational trip isn't it? Our kid's primary school never had a problem with us taking the kids out the week before half term for a 2 week trip snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So far, it's 2nd - 20th jan in Canada booked. Probably the BB when Admin gets his arts in gear and maybe, just maybe a week in March or the eosb
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've only got 1 week planned for '17. Assuming that the airline stop bugging about with the flight details...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am going to ski from the third week in Dec to the beginning of May... am I excited, you bet Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarpa, just greedy, if you ask me! wink
snow conditions
Excited as usual but not sure we'll get a huge amount in this season as we're part way through about 10k's worth of house work.

The boy is away on a school ski trip so we're looking at a week in Austria for a change, possibly StAnton* as it's been on our hit list for a while.

Mum

*If anyone has a picture of our resident pillock I'll do my best to ski dead fast, not look and take him out at the side of the slope, ski off dead fast without wearing a helmet and not bother reporting the incident.

All whilst drunk and with headphones in.
snow report
My productivity at work is regressing, is it too early to start looking at webcams. This season looks great!

LDA over xmas
St Johann in Tirol end Jan with the nervy beginner OH
2 weeks in Japan (Hakuba) in March

So excited!!! Happy
snow report
My mind has firmly moved to skiing. 3 months to go. Already conducted my kit review and several purchases are imminent. Upgrades and replacement for worn out stuff.
Waiting for the Bash Buttons to appear but hoping for

Tignes - most of Dec
Switzerland (Wengen) - with mate start of Jan. His choice of resort
Italy - Bashes and friends mid Jan to start of Feb
March - possibly Austria
April - at least 3 week in Tignes

Dependent on my supposedly imminent retirement; that has been such since the day I returned to work after my last ski holiday!
snow report
Yes, I've sorted the ski passes, and updated the apartment website for the winter. Booked my own dates out first of course. Happy
latest report
I'll be here from mid November until my daughter browbeats me into going back to UK sometime in May Smile May even come out at Toussaint yet. Got to go back from the 3 month summer trip first Smile

Must buy season pass in October to get max discount too!
latest report
Not excited at all - in contrast to previous years. Maybe it's an age thing. I find it hard to take skiing seriously, let alone buying new ski boots, whilst it's lovely model aircraft flying weather. Moreover, if I do think it, the thought of airport hassle fills me with horror. Still haven't made up my mind what I am going to do, but not skiing wouldn't leave me devastated.

Well the OP did ask.
snow report
@achilles, thats it put a downer on the thread snowHead
ski holidays
I'm moving to Australia for a year leaving late-January... but flying via US! Already bought an epic pass, planning to do one week in Salt Lake City, one week in Tahoe, then 'summer' skiing in Perisher 2017... all on the same pass!

Just need to figure out how to squeeze in some European skiing in December or January!
ski holidays
This year I had a friends ski holiday in Jan and then a family one in March. I'm very excited already but alas my son broke his wrist Monday so its a bit up in the air for March about what he'll want to do. I'm sure friends will want to go away in Jan again but can't get commitment at the moment.

But me.. yeah calendar with X's on it ...
latest report
Sooo excited!!

2 trips to the states booked. Now working evenings and weekends to pay for it, but what the hell!

Tomorrow new calendar goes up at work and I can start counting down the days snowHead
ski holidays
Yup. Still watching the Molltaler and Hintertux cams, will move on to Solden soon to see if the GS slope has any snow. So sad that I can't make the racing in Solden after getting the green light from Dr Ghost Dog, but that is the weekend we return from Greece Sad

But Selva (New Year) and Mayrhofen (Jan with boys) awaits.
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
@achilles, thats it put a downer on the thread snowHead

Hope not. I remember the excitement of my yoof - and hope that those who are excited find the powder they seek snowHead
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
I remember the excitement of my yoof snowHead

That explains it, I guess I'm just well into my second childhood snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not many use the snowheads calendar I can see? Puzzled

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245

Maybe it is too much excitement that courses it?
snow report
I can usually tell how early in the year I start thinking about skiing by when I make my first ski related online purchases - July 19 this year. Oh dear. All of January in Grimentz; other trips to be negotiated.
latest report
I can usually tell how early in the year I start thinking about skiing by when I make my first ski related online purchases - July 19 this year. Oh dear. All of January in Grimentz; other trips to be negotiated.
latest report
Yep i just need to book a few flights for the usual xmas out west then a few weeks in italy.
I promise i will do some local east coast days this season too (amazing how and hour and a half drive seems not worth it).
snow report
Just bought a new ski helmet at a pre-season ski sale last night. Of course, the phrase, "can't wait to use it!", is liberally thrown out. But, no, I will not be riding my bike with it. Will wait until the ski season starts to put it on my noggin! Cool And then pray that it never gets damaged while being used...
snow conditions
Stupidly excited , even watching mountain bikes on green slopes Smile
That calendar linked earlier is a brilliant idea!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245
snow report
16 weeks today Smile Only came back from the Alps a week ago and missing them!
snow report
I am stupidly excited too! I just got my new Whitedots (Thanks again for the amazing help Spiderjon!)
I am so seriously excited I have them proped up in my bedroom so they are the last thing I see at night, and the first thing in the morning Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Kooky wrote:
I have them proped up in my bedroom so they are the last thing I see at night, and the first thing in the morning Madeye-Smiley

My excuse for keeping mine in the bedroom is that it's the only place safe from family and other animals. That's only an excuse though.
snow conditions
AllyK wrote:
16 weeks today Smile Only came back from the Alps a week ago and missing them!

Ooh just looked. 14 weeks for us. With trips to Switzerland and the Lake District before then. Happy days.

Enjoy the anticipation everybody.
latest report
@motyl, you need an excuse? My wife has to put her clothes in one of the spare rooms Happy
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
My wife has to put her clothes in one of the spare rooms Happy

That's known as a walk-in wardrobe, isn't it? Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy