Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Crystal likely to release more holidays for early April?

Poster: A snowHead
Just looking for holidays through Crystal to leave from Edinburgh on Saturday 1st April/ Sun 2nd and there isn't much- saying nothing to France from anywhere in Scotland!

Can get a few Italian options that day and the Sunday but not much.

Booked with them for this week in the past and there is the usual choice- probably didn't look this early though so am wondering if they haven't released their holidays for then yet?

Looking to take some family members on their first ski holiday so if it's going to be the Alps I think a package would be easier having looked at flight/transfer options. This week would be our best bet as Scottish schools are off but not English (I think!).

Thanks

MCL
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MCL, you have a PM
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speaking to a few travel agents this year and most of the companies aren't running charter flights from Scotland but are buying in flights instead.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Walkerr, how does that work then for us booking from up north?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MCL, www.igluski.com are showing loads of packages from Scotland on those dates. Starting from £658pp in a Self Catered Apartment in Serre Chevalier, France. Inc. accommodation, transfer and flights.

Note that Igluski are a broker for all the travel agents. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PeDaSp, thanks I'd forgotten about Igluski 😄
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Id suggest giving ski world et al a call as I've got a ski world package and they bought in easyjet flights from Edinburgh to Geneva - just a word of caution, I've had to organise a private transfer, with ski world, and that will bump up the cost.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Id suggest giving ski world et al a call as I've got a ski world package and they bought in easyjet flights from Edinburgh to Geneva - just a word of caution, I've had to organise a private transfer, with ski world, and that will bump up the cost.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PeDaSp, got to say that sounds really expensive for being crammed into an apartment in a low resort, for the sole benefit that a TO organise it for you. We always do self catered/DIY....we've done a week for 4 (in a spacious 2 bed apartment) for £375 each, including flights, car hire, accommodation, resort parking for that week in Val Thorens. I can see the value of a TO for a chalet but with the internet now, not for DIY-it is so easy to do yourself and save a ton of cash. Easyjet+Autoeurope+homeaway. The one exception is the drive to/from resort and some people may be worried re. weather conditions, that should be straight forward at that time of year. We always get an early flight out and a late flight back which allows for more time if necessary. The latter is always useful...a few times, roads have been frozen at 8 am but clear by 10 am once it warms up or the sun hits it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowhound, couldn't agree more, and I always arrange my ski holidays just as you do. It's amazing how cheap you can make it if you put a bit of research in. I'm off to Val Thorens in Jan 2017 for 2 weeks with a group of 6, and we found a stunning self-catered chalet-apartment online for a real steal. Plus flights to Geneva are always available at a good price; and if you arrive early and leave late, you can ski the day you arrive and the day you leave!

I tend to go with a private transfer mini-bus; as there are 6 of us, plus all the gear etc. You can get the lowest transfer quote at: www.findtransfer.com.

And don't forget your discounted Val Thorens/3 Valleys ski pass with a "Tribe Pass" if there are 3 of more of you: http://forfait.valthorens.com/accueil/page.aspx?PO=22&Page=374&LC=EN

But some folks just cannot be bothered; and they love the whole TO angle - with everything arranged. And yes, for catered chalets, then TO are often the only way to go.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MCL, EasyJet Edinburgh to Munich daily flight? Flight times are normally ok and will get you into most Tyrolean resort around dinner time. Alternatively look at BA. I've just booked flights to Salzburg from Glasgow (via Heathrow) for £50 per flight including ski carriage
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crystal only seem to operate regional flights during peak season now, outside of that it's usually Gatwick and maybe Manchester. I guess due to falling demand, they were always the best TO for choice of regional flights. You may still be able to book accommodation only through Crystal for these weeks if you can find your own transport.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think Crystal may have scaled things back a bit. I was surprised to find they're not offering any holidays to Switzerland in April.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeDaSp, thanks for info re transfers.

Am not against DIY- we did our first DIY last year and all went smoothly. TO was looking best option just now as we were thinking along the catered chalet route for this group.

Once I've established who is coming and best resort to suit us all I'll look into DIY and TO options again.

The additional appeal of the TO is just paying a deposit now... but if we could get flights for the cost of a Crystal deposit, or less, that argument is out of the window Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Could it be that Thomson Airways aren't doing any ski flights out of Edinburgh/Glasgow next year.
latest report
If it's an issue of just paying the deposit now what about using a 0% credit card or one the balance transfer options to effectively buy now and pay later. That way you're still covered financially even if not booking with a tour op.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy