Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 luggage vs ski carriage (or both)

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all.

After taking up Kooky's kind offer of a bed for a week I booked myself some flights and a suitcase on Jet2 snowHead snowHead snowHead

My plan was to hire some ski's whilst I was out there, but the prices on the tinternet means that it would be a lot cheaper to pay for ski carriage both ways and take my own.

But before I stump up £50, my question is do I need to?

As mentioned at the start I have a 22kg suitcase booked already............

Could I turn up and say that my suitcase is 180cm long and take it from there, or would they just tell me to p1ss off
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kiteman69, there was a code on an email a little while ago, freeski or skisfree or something not too complicated. No idea if it's still valid, but might be worth a shot.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I need to look into this. I read somewhere that Jet 2 are starting a weekly EMA to SZG service this winter which is ultra handy for me. Hopefully it's cost effective as well as handy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski carriage with Jet2 is £1 if you book this month. Plus new route EMA to SZG. Happy me!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full details here:

http://www.jet2.com/promotions

but its got to be a new booking for the £1 ski carriage
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@queen bodecia, fab!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pants Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kiteman69, why are you so unhappy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cos you needed to have a new booking after 5th September and kiteman hasn't. Same as us Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skiluvva wrote:
Cos you needed to have a new booking after 5th September and kiteman hasn't. Same as us Sad

Nice to know someone else is in the same "gondola" Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@queen bodecia, thanks for pointing this out. I've just taken advantage of it and booked LBA to GVA on 23rd March for a long weekend. Flights were less than I paid for my March weekend this year, so with £1 for ski carriage a real winner.

The deal runs out 18th October, so get in there anyone else who wants to take advantage.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just booked our Manchester-Grenoble flight with £1 ski carriage. Excellent heads up.
Thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just booked Edinburgh - Turin and got the £1 ski carriage thanks very much @queen bodecia, Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like Jet2 have reintroduced this deal for a limited time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just booked from EMA - GVA for Feb - skis 50p each way for 22kgs!! Now this sounds too good to be true. So much so, I booked a £1 worth each way!!!! 44KG's I've not booked a hold bag as I thought I can just pack everything in with my skis. Does anyone know if they allow this or do JET2 stick to the rules where it has to actually be a pair of skis/boots only in the bag ?
snow report
@P O Pepsi, according to their website ski/board carriage is as it sounds, i.e. a ski/board bag containing skis or board, not a hold bag containing clothes and no skis. The size limit is 6ft x 3ft and weight limit is 22kg so it sounds like a bag containing a couple of pairs of skis or one of those coffin bags with skis, boots and other luggage would be acceptable.
snow conditions
thanks QB- I've not booked a hold bag at all but booked 2 ski bags each way - I suppose if I put 1 ski in each bag plus my kit, I've covered it!!!! lol
latest report
Does anyone know if the jet2 ski carriage allows a pair of skis (in a skitube) plus a separate boot bag?

I would probably be able to fit the boots in my suitcase but would make life easier if I didn't have to.
snow report
They were really relaxed at the EMA check in. As long as the 2 items are below 22kgs I don't think they would bat an eye- you could strap the 2 together for check in? Have they still got the 50p offer on - in which case, If I were you, I 'd push the boat out and blow the budget - takes the worry away! I packed boots, clothes toiletries in my ski bag and had no probs.
ski holidays
Sheffskibod....you should have no issues there...well I didn't last week on Edinburgh /Geneva flight....no problem to have a boot bag as well as ski bag... We actually had 3 sets of skis split between two bags so had 3 sets of skis there and back for £2👌 Result👍
snow conditions
@sheffskibod, yes they're flexible. Jnr had his ski bag with 2 pairs of skis plus his kit bag (boots, helmet, tools, pads) go in as bulky/sports kit. Total weight approx 27kg. This was off set against his bag allowance (his hold bag was about 12kg).
snow report
In Jan flew Manchester to Grenoble with Jet2 ( package with Mark Warner) all paying extra for ski carriage...£35 I think. One of our party took a boot bag as well checked into the hold and got away with it but I think he was just under his total weight limit. I always put one (well stuffed) boot in my rucksack and the other in my bag. In my experience no one ever weighs a rucksack provided it looks the right size to fit in the overhead.

IMO being polite to the check in staff always helps if you are borderline. No quibbles withJet2 staff at Man.

Coming back the French never seem to care.
snow report
Appreciate the help on this . Will take skis and boots in separate bags and see what happens.

My wife will be pleased , she can pack more apres outfits.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy