Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£296 flights to San Francisco/Lake Tahoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If anyone is planning a ski trip to Sierra Nevada, Lake Tahoe or surrounding areas, then I've just stumbled across this! This is the cheapest flights I've seen for years to the west coast USA! £296 return is a bargain.

http://www.fly.com/uk/deal/?bs=1&id=Cheap-flights-to-San-Francisco&utm_source=tzuk&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=top20&utm_content=lgw-oak-2308
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow, wow, wow. There has to be a catch doesn`t there? Thank you for the link!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CaravanSkier, no problem. If you book let us all know. Would be interesting if it all works!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ricklovesthepowder, Thanks for the great heads-up. It's a great price.

But a word of warning to everyone:

After a bit of exploring, you'll find that the £296 price is via an online agent "TravelUp". All of these "agents" (and there are many of them) are pretty useless 99% of the time, and just a quick Google with show you all the endless complaints against them. All they do is take part of the advertising click-through fee and discount it off your ticket.

Legally, your contract is with them, and not the airline; and should you run into issues such as canceled or amended flight times etc., you will find the airline not very helpful. Sometimes, customers have even discovered they have never been booked on their flight!

And note how the £296 agent does not show you how much luggage is included etc? Well, that's because there is no luggage included at that price!! And they may well never tell you that — leaving you to find out at the airport or having to try and deal with the airline direct, who as I have said previously, will not be that interested and may be minded to charge you a whack. And if you have special requests and/or a special meal requested, again, you have to contact the airline.

And if you try www.netflights.com (another "agent"), it gets even more murky. They give a price of £304 return; but claim you get TWO checked bags each way! I just don't believe it, and I wonder what your e-ticket would actually say once you go through the whole checkout process. Go to their FAQ page and all is revealed: You need to check the airline baggage page directly, and they warn you that the allowances are always subject to "change".

Visit www.norwegian.com directly, and the truth will be revealed. Their £319 price for the same flight gives you just 1 x 10Kg hand baggage; with NO checked baggage, NO meal, NO seat reservation etc. If you want all those "extras" then it will cost you £419 in total return.

Seasoned airline travellers will tell you to ALWAYS book with the airline direct. You may pay a few pounds more, but it's worth it every time. You know exactly what you are getting, and you can select you extras and special requests at the time of booking.

The only exception, is when you want to travel Business or First Class; and then you may find some special agents who can get you a good price — but they will not really show live prices, you have to email them your dates and destination etc., and they will get back to you.

But still — £419 to fly return to half-way around the world for some great skiing is super-cheap! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeDaSp, yep thanks. So noted.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PeDaSp, I note that you mention www.netflights.com In the past I've used them several times for booking flights to the USA, and I've found they gave a good price (with several of the major transatlantic carriers) with no problems regarding checked baggage allowance.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But surely @PeDaSp, you establish the fare basis for the ticket? I'm no longer current with the rules, but anyone selling flights in the UK has to be (I think) AITA bonded and such shenanigans are not permitted. Simple online selling is not an excuse, probably under those hideous Eu rules, you know, loss of sovereignty, etc, hideous.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What he said, buy it with a credit card too.

That sovereignty thing really was well the 10% of my net worth that the dicks spent on getting it; I'm looking forward to moving into Buckingham Palace shortly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@PeDaSp, I note that you mention www.netflights.com In the past I've used them several times for booking flights to the USA, and I've found they gave a good price (with several of the major transatlantic carriers) with no problems regarding checked baggage allowance.

Alas, the plural of anecdote is not data Very Happy

But it's great to hear you had no trouble.

Netflights have terrible reviews on the web (if you avoid their own "ratings"): https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.netflights.com

And I just don't see that it's possible that they are offering TWO checked bags per person per leg, when Norwegian's own website is showing zero checked bags at that price-point. See my screenshot here:

http://imgur.com/a/1xrL5

I wonder if the final e-ticket will show you have 2 checked bags per person per leg?! I doubt it.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 24-08-16 22:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, I guess it depends on what shows on the final e-ticket they issue you with when you actually pay them. Even then, I can imagine getting to the airport, and the check-in desk telling you something different. And when you complain to them, they will just point-out you purchased your ticket from an agent, so you need to complain to them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whats the £ going to worth against the $ by next season.
US skiing will be very expensive
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, All the more reason to get booking now! Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy