Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP Samerberg Sue. Scattering Sue's Ashes 30th Sept Cambridge. Donations in first post

Poster: A snowHead
Been a while since I visited these pages but when I saw the sad news on fb I wanted to add my condolences and thoughts for all who knew Sue better than me. I met her just once, at Oktoberfest, and she really was exactly as you'd expect - forthright, generous and drily humorous. We will all miss her, may she be long remembered.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad news. I truly appreciated her contribution to SH. I had no idea she was ill, let alone terminally. Sad news idea. Makes my poo-poo day pale in to insignificance. Sad Sad Sad RIP Samberg Sue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awful news. I didn't know Sue was so ill. She came from near Bristol not far from me although I never met her. My condolences to her family and friends.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh no, really sad to read this Crying or Very sad

I never met her (sadly) but I'll really miss her presence on Snowheads. Actually, I don't know what to say without it coming out a bit mawkish (which I get the impression she wouldn't have liked at all!) so I'll just say RIP Sue.

Hugs & condolences to all of you who knew her personally xxx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eat my Sluff Sue.
See you at the Trinkeralm.
X
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have no words, I have no thoughts, I only have tears
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've not known her in person, only through a few messages that we swapped here on the forum. She was really helpful & struck me as someone very kind.

May God bless your soul, rest in piece Sue.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another well-liked and well respected sH taken by the big C. So sad. Sympathy to all family and friends
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rest peacefully Sue. I never knew her in real life, but so generous with her help and knee advice. Condolences to all her friends & family x
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can only echo the testimonials to Sue's generosity and support. I'm privileged to have her old Topper at Sail YSL as our simulator, so she will be in our thoughts every time we teach people to tack or gybe. I'm out in Greece at the moment and everywhere I go there are memories of Sue on the other boat last autumn. Who says there are no such things as ghosts
RIP Sue, so gutted we couldn't make it over to visit before it was too late Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had the pleasure of meeting Sue a few years ago. I loved how she had an opinion on everything. RIP.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah, Crap.

Who will fight Austria's corner now for sneaky weekend trips?

RIP.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So Sad to here of this, such a strong snowhead.. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
Ah, Crap.

Who will fight Austria's corner now for sneaky weekend trips?

RIP.

Yes, she allways shared her knowhow of the area with SH's looking for advice.
latest report
RIP
ski holidays
RIP Sue. Where should I send that haggis I owe you now though?!
ski holidays
Jo225 wrote:

I never met her (sadly) but I'll really miss her presence on Snowheads. Actually, I don't know what to say without it coming out a bit mawkish (which I get the impression she wouldn't have liked at all!) so I'll just say RIP Sue.

I've been typing and deleting for 10 minutes now... @Jo225, I think you've got it spot on.
RIP Sue x
snow report
@letsgetpiste,
I' ve been trying to think of something since last night and failed miserably. I think I can only agree with Masque, I can't find the words and I don't know what to think. This family will certainly miss Sue.
ski holidays
letsgetpiste wrote:
Jo225 wrote:

I've been typing and deleting for 10 minutes now... @Jo225, I think you've got it spot on.
RIP Sue x

You both sum it up for me Sad
RIP Sue x
latest report
It's a sad day for all on here, but very clear to see what Sue meant to many. RIP
snow report
Though I haven't seen so much of Sue since she moved the centre of her skiing east to Ski Amadé, I still remember enjoyable days on the slopes together. And also celebrating Hogmanay with Sue and her sister here in Fieberbrunn back in 2009...

Condolences now to all who knew and loved her.
ski holidays
Such a shock, it happened so fast Sad

I never met Sue, but her personality shone through in every post - and she made me laugh.

Rest in peace.
latest report
Such sad news - and so quick

Like most on here I never met Sue but shared her interest in world cup ski racing in the Fantasy Ski Racing League with 'Snowheads Hopefuls'.

Maybe we should re-name the team 'Sue's Hopefuls' in her memory ?
latest report
RIP
Never met her, wish I had.
snow report
Shocked to read this. Many of us are of an age when bad news is coming rather too often.
snow report
@codyaitch, that sounds lovely. We were her team after all.
latest report
@espri, what a lovely photo
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm saddened to hear this news (just gleaned from a post of @Scarpa, 's on FB). My sympathy to @Kooky, @Scarpa, and others who counted Sue amongst their close friends. I never met her and in fact I got off on the wrong foot with her when I first joined SHs - we locked horns and exchanged a few terse comments. However I came to welcome and respect her contributions, which were invariably useful, enthusiastic and knowledgeable (as well as sometimes amusingly forthright and "undiplomatic"). Last winter she suggested coming over to Saalbach so that we might ski together, making me realise that any hatchet that may have existed between us had been well and truly buried. I feel sorry that this never came to fruition - from what I've read and heard, clearly I missed out on meeting a genuine person, who was also a passionate skier and a very colourful character. RIP.
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
we locked horns

From the perspective of a fellow SH poster rather than personal friend, I would see that as a bit of an SH badge of honour and it doesn't surprise me at all to read that she subsequently bore you no grudge.
snow report
Gosh I was shocked when I spotted this post a moment ago,
I thought us snow heads lived on forever.
I never met her but have spotted her frequent posts and remembered
her great area of Austria.

Thanks Sue and you will live on in the ether of Snowheads gossip.
Keep an eye on us!
snow report
letsgetpiste wrote:
Jo225 wrote:

RIP Sue x

Exactly, I've tried to type this several times, and deleted every time. I only know her from her posts, but the generosity, and latterly stoicism, that her real world friends have mentioned above shines through for all to see. Very sad, RIP. Condolences to friends and family.
ski holidays
Never met her but had some useful advice on SH from her over last few years. Sad news and thoughts to all her friends on here who I'm sure will be devastated by her passing. Sad
snow report
Like most I didn't get to meet her in the flesh, but was a real stalwart of these forums and recently imparted a lot kind words and advice after some knee surgery.

RIP Sue.
snow report
Been off gird most of the weekend and just catching up with threads. Very sad to read this news and I too off my condolences to her family and friends. I never met Sue but she always came across as a wonderful person so I raise my glass of Chardonnay to her.
RIP Samerberg Sue
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
Been off gird most of the weekend and just catching up with threads. Very sad to read this news and I too off my condolences to her family and friends. I never met Sue but she always came across as a wonderful person so I raise my glass of Chardonnay to her.
RIP Samerberg Sue

+1
Bit of a shocker.
snow report
So sad. It's a tribute to her that she touched so many people on this forum, even though many of us never met her in person.

Make every day count.
snow report
Sad to hear. I found her contributions here generous in spirit and well worth reading.
snow report
Really sad to hear this. Sue was always so kind giving up her time to help us, as well as introducing us to Heisse Witwe! We head to Austria in the week and I was hoping to stop by and visit. Sad
snow report
Very sad news, never met her but always respected her views on here. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy