Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP Samerberg Sue. Scattering Sue's Ashes 30th Sept Cambridge. Donations in first post

Poster: A snowHead
I do remember she loved the King's Nine lessons and carols nearly as much as you do.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/TjBmLhiS-Io

Here is a short compilation of photos of Sue.
She is dearly missed and has left a hole in the lives of many people across the globe.
The music used is the traditional Hymn 'Crimond' using text from Psalm 23. When Sue was ill she really fixated on this hymn as she has fell in love with the descant parts (probably because she used to sing them). I also believe she also may have seen her beloved King's College Choir perform this.
The second piece is a Bavarian choir performance by the Glockenbachchor, Munich. Sue joined this choir from a very early point and watched (along with helped) it grow to the 60+ members it is today. This piece was performed and recorded at her funeral service.
The two ladies featured in the photos are Annemarie Moser-Pröll, a former female ski champion (and hero to Sue) that she had a ski day with. The second lady is her best friend (and another hero to Sue!) Martina Müller.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 14-08-16 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@flangesax, A beautiful tribute.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@flangesax, very moving. I regret never having taken the time to get over there to meet her.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@flangesax, That's lovely.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@flangesax, lovely, thank you for sharing it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flangesax, Thanks for sharing. Lovely tribute.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Was thinking that we should have meet up in the Ski Amadé next season so that we can all get together to celebrate Sue's memory where she was happiest? Maybe that idea is already in progress?

We are definitely doing this next season.
Scarpa and me just had a few drinks at her beloved Rosner this afternoon with Queenie and flangesax and will post details on here and Farcebook, (as you reminded me robbo!)

The funeral was incredibly moving, and the reading from flangesax junior was a moment I will never forget, Sue would have been so proud.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@flangesax, wonderful tribute, thanks so much xx
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@flangesax, really beautiful
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@flangesax, lovely tribute.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RIP Sue.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kooky wrote:
Quote:

Was thinking that we should have meet up in the Ski Amadé next season so that we can all get together to celebrate Sue's memory where she was happiest? Maybe that idea is already in progress?

We are definitely doing this next season.
Scarpa and me just had a few drinks at her beloved Rosner this afternoon with Queenie and flangesax and will post details on here and Farcebook, (as you reminded me robbo!)

Great news. Will watch out for news and will be there. Any idea of roughly when before I book anything else?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax, A very nice tribute, thank you.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great music and pictures. Sue would be proud.
latest report
I can't watch that video without a bit of a blub...
snow conditions
Thank you again for the wonderful donations. The total on the Just Giving page is £724 including gift aid. This has come from snowHeads and others outside the forum, e.g. Sue's Knee Geek forum
ski holidays
Thank you for sharing. I never met her, but we exchanged banter about the Fantasy Ski Racer league and I so enjoyed reading her posts here about all sorts of things. It's made me appreciate SnowHeads even more, as there is a whole community of people here whom I have never met, but whose company I enjoy on a regular basis.

For those of you close to Sue, you have done her proud.
snow conditions
I was so sad to see this. Sue was incredibly generous with her advice, and in my experience it was always worth following! Huge condolences to those who were close to her.
ski holidays
@flangesax, What a wonderful tribute, Thank you so much for sharing.
ski holidays
Donations now up to £774.... Thank you so much x
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, some of us are getting together next weekend, we hope to add to the total with our surplus beer money.
latest report
@Hells Bells, that is lovely... x
snow conditions
Hells Bells wrote:
@Hurtle, I think it would in that case be fitting to share this
http://youtube.com/v/Q7ch7uottHU

Thank you so much . . . I'm needed to be reminded that faith can inspire so much more beauty than evil . . . every time I visit this thread I can barely see to type for the tears
ski holidays
Been on holiday for a couple of weeks and saddened to see the title of this thread on Snowheads. @flangesax, great tribute. It's usually lovely to put a face to a name, sad that it happened under these circumstances.
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Thank you so much . . . I'm needed to be reminded that faith can inspire so much more beauty than evil . . . every time I visit this thread I can barely see to type for the tears

Indeed, two of my favourite composers, Handel and J.S Bach, were inspired by their faith to create much of their brilliant work.

When biologist Lewis Thomas was asked what message he would choose to send into outer space in the Voyager spacecraft, he said: “I would send the complete works of Johann Sebastian Bach … but that would be boasting.” Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Haven't logged in here for a while either - real shame Sue isn't around anymore, Sue was one of the few from the Salzburg crew that I hadn't met yet and I hoped to meet her this season Crying or Very sad
snow report
I'm not here so much these days. Very sorry to hear this RIP Sue and condolences to all of you who were her friends x
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RIP Sue, big presence on this forum will be sadly missed
latest report
It's going to feel strange not being able to catch up with her this year when I go out, and not having our Xmas dinner meet up in the Rosner Crying or Very sad
snow report
That reminded me to look at the donations....with some more fabulous generosity the fund is up to £1181 Inc gift aid. Thank you all so much xx

Edit..there is also €620 in Donations to Germany
latest report
Oh no I've only just seen this, what sad news, Sue gave me so much help and advice on many trips to Austria particularly driving there, my regret is that we never did actually manage to meet there, may she rest in peace, lovely lady X
snow report
Sue's friend Martina is bringing Sue's ashes to the UK. There will be an informal scattering at Cambridge crematorium at 3pm on 30th September. There is no service but if anyone would like to come along please pm me. We will go to the pub and raise a glass afterwards
snow report
Just logged on after a good few months. So sad to hear this. Got so much advice from Sue, especially over the few seasons when we booked to go over Christmas/new year and giving advice on when the snow would arrive or not as this year was the case.

RIP Sue
latest report
OMG, the first time that I log in for months and I see this - how sad. I only met Sue a couple of times but I have to say that she was good company, on and off the slopes and my condolences go to those closest to her.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, we'll be in Greece but will try and raise a glass to her at the same time
snow report
@eng_ch, thank you
ski holidays
Belated condolences to Sue's family and friends. She clearly lived life to the full and that is to be celebrated. If there's one thing we should take from this it's to remember to value (ie. visit!) those we have left. Big virtual hugs to all her snowHeads friends. You've done her proud xxx
latest report
I really must pass on my very late condolences to Sue's family and friends. I am not skiing this season at all and only came on here for a quick browse for the first time since February.

I did not know her but am very sad to hear of her passing. I had a few 'conversations' on this forum, mainly about travelling, but she always seemed really helpful and generous. This forum will certainly be worse off and not be the same without her.
latest report
Some lovely messages on here. She was a larger than life character in some ways; it feels bloody weird knowing that she won't be about this winter Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy