Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap room for rent in my flat in Altenmarkt (Ski Amade)

Poster: A snowHead
I have a very cosy single room or a double room for weekly rent this season as my kids have boogered off to Uni.

Price is very reasonable as you will be sharing the flat with me, a hard working conscientious individual (hardly ever home as I work 8.00-20.00) and Scarpa (a very dubious individual who lives the ski bum life but is a dab hand in the kitchen)
We aren't really a wild party flat, so it would suit someone who just really wants to ski and have a few beers on the balcony with us after a hard day.
Scarpa knows his way about here and is a great guide on or off piste, you would be very welcome to tag along with him or me on my days off (as long as your skis will fit in a Ford Fiesta!)

The flat is very quiet although only 2 min walk to the shops/bars/ski bus stop. We can probably arrange pick up and drop off to and from Salzburg for the price of petrol and a beer.
The flat is 90 sqM, has 2 bathrooms, a lovely balcony and a sauna. You can either do your own cooking or chip in with us, I can't promise Scarpa will be serving you in his French Maids outfit, but if you ask nicely it could be arranged Wink
We are a really friendly household, if slightly chaotic and this is a great way to stay and explore the Ski Amade area if you are on a budget.

Prices are €200 pw for the single room and €400pw for the double; Christmas is off as family arrangements have changed and New Year is now booked.

Anything you want to know just drop me a pm.
Week Feb 25-March 4th SOLD
Week Jan 28-Feb 4th SOLD
Week Jan 9-17 SOLD
Week Dec 31-Jan 7th SOLD

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 19-11-16 19:33; edited 7 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can vouch for it being a very nice flat with a friendy cat and a ski cellar room. There is also quite a bit of ice climbing in the region and I have spare kit Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarpa, well way to go champ, talk about scaring folk off with images of you in an Austrian cellar equipped with ice axes and rope!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kooky, In my lederhosen too Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kooky, I've sent you a PM, but now there's mention of lederhosen and ice climbing I'm beginning to regret it snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodyMcFlude, you mean the French Maids outfit didn't put you off? Shocked Shocked

You are going to fit in well here!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

a hard working contentious individual

Laughing

Your contentiousness aside, I'm highly tempted!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kooky, that's probably what drew me in to begin with Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
(But not by ice climbing Shocked Shocked)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, Laughing Laughing Laughing blimmin google translate! You know what I meant!
ahem........I will let that stand as its probably quite correct in some contexts!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kooky, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have my larger car there too so could always give people a lift if they are heading to the same resort.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I have my larger car

One-upmanship is never pretty, also, as a man it looks like you are trying to over compensate for "certain" things....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You didn't complain on race day when I got both bikes in the back.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kooky wrote:
it looks like you are trying to over compensate for "certain" things....

If that was true then I'd be driving a stretch Hummer.
latest report
Laughing
latest report
@SnoodyMcFlude, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
This is the scariest advert I have ever read on the interwebz ....

Seriously though, great area to hang out in and there's some lovely touring as well which might be a good way to distance yourself from Scarpa and his axe-infested cellar!
ski holidays
@zammo, Laughing Laughing Laughing

We never did get a tour in last season did we Crying or Very sad Give us a shout when you are this way again, dates for the moonlight tour will be out soon if you fancy it!
ski holidays
Yup, I also have a spare pair of mid fat touring skis that will take a boot up to 318mm, you can also hire touring kit easily. I know some people who even do it in their alpine boots eh Ange Toofy Grin
latest report
@Scarpa, yep, thats me - happy to hike up a mountain in my regular boots - although they are undone! Man-up I say! Ange Laughing
snow report
I wish I had read this earlier. Now had made other plans for my available non-working time slots... Sad
snow report
@abc, theres always next season! Have a great time wherever you head out to Blush
snow conditions
@abc,
Make sure you establish exactly what the "cellar" is used for before you take this any further wink
snow conditions
Snow has been falling already Smile
latest report
....really expensive place to stay at my gaff...
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
@flangesax, But worth every penny Cool Yours is a proper Gasthaus.
latest report
For anyone who may consider staying here with us this season, I recommend some earmuffs.......ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK!

I am likely to bore you all senseless with how much I love my new Whitedots Madeye-Smiley

You have been warned!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kooky, I'll bring my best ear plugs then!!!

Which Whitedots have you got?
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, Oh god, you've started her off Shocked NehNeh
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, The carbonlite Directors, they are next to my bed Smile I love waking up each morning and gazing at them Blush
I have them mostly for touring but I am pretty sure they will become my main off piste ski too, when I demo´d them I felt like I skied like a Goddess.
Of course there will be the obligatory photos of me skiing into trees, down ditches, and generally falling off things but at least I will feel like I am doing it with style wink
snow conditions
Interested if any snow now in November Looking for quick getaway to mountains. Skier Snowboarder telemarker snowbum
Deeps
latest report
Schuss and Char just skied on the Dachstein glacier for a day this week, although the area is a little small. It'll be interesting on how the low temps effect the pistes and how much the multitude of snow cannons can put down. I've had some great skiing in Obertauern in December, but I am driving out next week with fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Even though I'm living way too close to Altenmarkt to need place to stay there, but would still be cool to do this once this winter:
Kooky wrote:
Scarpa knows his way about here and is a great guide on or off piste, you would be very welcome to tag along with him or me on my days off

Laughing
latest report
I am always up for a ski with various snowHeads Cool
snow conditions
@primoz, message me here or on FB then and we will gladly show you our secret stashes!
ski holidays
Ooh I'd been thinking of a cheeky weekend beginning of Feb with my Dir Carbonlites but looks like you're taken.
snow report
This sounds very interesting. Im trying to sort out trips with my stupid new work rota are you working on sat to sat weeks or are midweek arivals an option as i might do 10 days. Ill message you guys on FB. Thanks Heather xx
latest report
Hey is single room available 19th-24th Feb 2017?
latest report
Quick bump.......the whole flat is available now for the Easter weeks as I will have moved to my new house.
Sleeps 5, 2 double bedrooms, 1 single bedroom ,2 bathrooms, car parking, very central.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 5-03-17 19:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy