Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not many posts on Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just been there for a summer break and liked it a lot we decided to book up for a week next Jan. Surprising that a SH search turned up very little so I guess its not a popular destination here.

I have always put off going to Kitz in the past as I considered it to be a town that also had skiing rather than somewhere that really focussed on and invested in the skiing infrastructure. In reality though that impression was built on nothing more than gut feel and a single day trip there 15 years or so ago. However as we are running out of bigger Austrian resorts we have not been to and being won over by the summer experience (the pedestrian town centre is really picturesque) we are going to give it a go.

On prices we found a pretty wide variation on drinks, in the village anywhere from 4Euro to 10Euro a pint (well actually it was 5Euro for a half pint), and in general the food prices on the hill were more expensive than elsewhere in Austria, Tiroller Grostle was about 13Euro, most places it is under a tenner.

The piste map now seems to show a reasonably sized linked area from Hollersbach to Kirchberg, so we will probably just buy the local area pass. Any experience from recent travellers on that or mountain hut and apri bar recommendations.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a great weekend there myself in March, some good runs and itineraries.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JimboS, try searching kitzbuhl - I got 126 matches searching title and message
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only been there for a week over Easter a few years ago. We really liked the place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JimboS, definitely recommend Kitz. When not skiing the Arlberg we almost always end up there. They have invested a lot into new infrastructure over the last 10 years, including the panorama lift across from Pengelstein to the Pass Thurn side (impressive piece of engineering). The nice thing about Kitz is that there is an incredible amount of lift served off piste which can be skied without the butt clench factor of the Arlberg. It's also one of the most snow sure ski areas in Austria, despite not being as high as other places, and most years keeps at least some lifts open into the first weekend of May.
We usually end up staying in Kirchberg rather than Kitzbühel itself. Prices are a bit lower over there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, Yes, lots of hits but not much info.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steilhang, Thanks for that, can't wait to get back there now.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're going in January make sure you stay clear of the World Cup downhill. It is an interesting experience but the town will be swamped!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will be there a few weeks before the circus comes to town.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy