Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Griffon Setup

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I picked up the my new Brahmas over the weekend http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=125864 and need to readjust the bindings. Beyond forward pressure (screw being flush) setting the DIN, is there anything else that I need to do before my first use.

Previously, I had the setup in a shop but the bindings we're reset by the other owner.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are good to go
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You are good to go
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just one other thing to check and that is the toe height adjustment. There should be a 0.5mm gap between the AFD plate and the sole of the boot. To check this you need to click the boot into the binding and then pull the boot back manually. Check gap. If adjustment is needed, grab a 5mm Allen key, tweak as necessary and then repeat the aforementioned to confirm it is set correctly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@crosshatch, I placed my RAC card between the sole and the AFD. There was a v.small amount of friction but could remove the card with ease so think toe height is fine, but where's the adjustment screw for toe height?

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crosshatch wrote:
Just one other thing to check and that is the toe height adjustment. There should be a 0.5mm gap between the AFD plate and the sole of the boot. To check this you need to click the boot into the binding and then pull the boot back manually. Check gap. If adjustment is needed, grab a 5mm Allen key, tweak as necessary and then repeat the aforementioned to confirm it is set correctly.

+1

Set the forward pressure & then the toe height.

RichClark wrote:
@crosshatch, I placed my RAC card between the sole and the AFD. There was a v.small amount of friction but could remove the card with ease so think toe height is fine, but where's the adjustment screw for toe height?

Cheers

A credit card is too thick use a business card or three layers of 80gsm copier paper. It should take a firm but smooth pull to remove, ie standard engineering feeler gauge pressure.

The toe height adjustment screw is under the front edge of the AFD, facing the heel binding.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @spyderjon, sounds like I need to adjust the toe height then. Is it a half-turn at a time sort of adjustment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RichClark wrote:
Thanks @spyderjon, sounds like I need to adjust the toe height then. Is it a half-turn at a time sort of adjustment.

Yep
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:

A credit card is too thick use three layers of 80gsm copier paper. .

And people* say you are perhaps overly geeky even for a ski geek wink

* to be fair mainly me#

#largely to your face
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, What he needs are 0.5mm thick bits of card, perhaps about the size to fit in a pocket or wallet, maybe subtly printed with a certain ski retailer's logo and supplied at a small markup but not so much as to provoke competition from overseas retailers. If only someone could produce such a thing wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, What he needs are 0.5mm thick bits of card, perhaps about the size to fit in a pocket or wallet, maybe subtly printed with a certain ski retailer's logo and supplied at a small markup but not so much as to provoke competition from overseas retailers. If only someone could produce such a thing wink

There's a reason why my business cards are printed on 0.5mm stock Cool

And I give 'em away free Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@spyderjon, you're missing an opportunity, I'm sure Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I actually bought a 0.5mm feeler gauge Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarlet, Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy