Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in April

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help me?! Looking to go to Austria for the first week in April and am after resort suggestions. Family of five (3 kids under 10 years and all skied 4 times). Hoping for something not too busy (!) but hopefully snow at that time of year.
Never been to Austria before, so any suggestions very gratefully received.
Thank you SO much!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always go to Obergurgl at Easter and have never had any problems with snow. The first week of April should be quiet and even Easter is never particularly busy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Amade area is great at Easter. We've been twice at that time of year and travelled between the different areas. Would recommend Flachau or Schladming if you want just a single base.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in St Anton in April in 2015. Not busy in the slightest. We found the snow on Lech side was better but it wasn't bad on st Anton side either.

Our girls were 5 & 8 then and we stayed in the Pepi Gabl with Esprit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pottercs2010, Amade is wonderful in early April, its actually one of my favorite times to ski here. The last 3 years we always seem to have had an awesome dump of snow too that week.
Send flangesax on here a pm, his place is lovely and he has 2 great kids that can keep yours entertained!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pottercs2010, Great time to go, long days and sunny terraces. I'd recommend Warth, links via new lift to Lech and is a fantastic place, very kids friendly. If you like the look of the place PM me and i'll send you a link to a place with really good facilities and location that is absolutely fantastic to stay, its an absolute gem. Not the easiest place to get to (landlocked and access only via Germany even though its Austrian, you'd need a car) but if its do-able you'd not be disappointed. We go regularly, twin it with a 2 centre trip to St Anton (20k as the crow flies and a 3-4 hour car journey away).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pottercs2010, pretty much everywhere should be good early April.

I would take a look into Serfaus, but all the above options would be good too. Westendorf too, actually.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most of Austria is melting by April.

Head high.

Lech.
Obergurgl.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, April OK for the locals. We're out of there by Mid March.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
@pottercs2010, pretty much everywhere should be good early April.

I would take a look into Serfaus, but all the above options would be good too. Westendorf too, actually.

Seconded for Serfaus.

Was there at the end of March this season and top to bottom skiing was available in all base areas. And this was in a very low snow year with warm Spring temperatures.

Excellent facilities for children too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ischgl might be an option - their season runs through to the and of April/start of May and while I wouldn't normally recommend it for a family with young children but the après party tends to calm down a few notches after mid-March.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having only been to one resort at Easter I can't really compare to others but having returned every year since 2001 due to the fantastic conditions, it can be taken as a safe bet for a great family holiday.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=easter+family#2124833
Still to add the 2016 pics to this thread but it was great again despite a poor snow year due to a dump the day we arrived.

One thing to check is the that you don't clash with snowbombing as that aint really family friendly anymore.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Amade area great at Easter. Flachau was pretty quiet Easter 2016, and Zauchensee Pretty empty too. Very very hot this year but Pistes were kept in good condition. Free lift passes for kids up to 15 too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pottercs2010, Just about everywhere is good ( ignore @Whitegold, ). We were in Kitzbühel over easter, and despite it being a challenging year snow wise, had fantastic conditions.
I would recommend Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis as well, but all the other options mentioned are good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pottercs2010, You didn't say if you are driving out to Austria or flying, and whether you're looking to go with a tour operator or DIY?
If you should be interested in kooky's suggestion of staying at flangesax's place in Radstadt (which I can highly recommend) then a car is very useful for visiting the several local ski areas, so if flying I'd suggest renting a car at the airport. snowHead
snow conditions
Most of Austria is melting by April. 

Yep - usually no point in going there after January Laughing.

(Note to self: Must do a search sometime to find whether Whitegold has ever submitted a positive post on here Laughing....)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy