Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier going to Cervinia Nov2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am hoping to go to get in some early skiing at Cervinia this November provisional booked hotel 5th Nov to 12th Nov, i am having trouble with transfers to the resort from the Turin airport, getting silly quotes of £400 return, it has been said on another site to fly into Milan as the Cervinia tourist bard run a ski bus from there at the weekends, has any body heard of this or ideas of getting to Cervinia, looked at bus and train but times are difficult on the return.

Another thought is What is Austria like for November skiing?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads, @Phill207 snowHead Can't help with Cervinia transfer (though at that price a hired car could be cheaper). But for low cost November skiing, with transfers and lift pass included, you could try Mountainsun, in Tignes. They do minibus pick up and transfer back to Geneva. The glacier in Tignes is usually pretty good in November.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think at that time you'd be better off staying in Zermatt, as the skiing is unlikely to be open on the Cervinia side that early so you will have to travel over to the glacier on the Zermatt side. That of course brings with it extra costs as accommodation is not likely to be such good value and the lift pass costs more when you buy Zermatt side. Having said that, there are often good deals via the local tourist office. We have been going every year for about the last 6 at the end of November on their ski test package (by which time the Cervinia slopes to midstation tend to be open).
The bonus is that you can get a cheap flight to Geneva and the train to Zermatt using the Swiss Transfer ticket.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi everybody, thanks Pam w and Perty for your speedy replies, i have never skied this early in the season before so your input is very useful i shall give both options consideration, i am not committed to anything at the moment so all comments and opinions are welcome.

Its great to be here Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What they said - Zermatt can be sketchy low down early though, and the last time I went it takes a fair while to get up to the top there. Not sure that would be my first choice, but that wasn't the question.

Hire care is obviously the way to do.

If you don't want to drive... Zermatt makes more sense as you can easily get there on the train from GVA.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Phill207, here's the Turin to Cervinia bus timetable for next November

http://www.savda.it/public/documenti/176.pdf
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The mountainsun chalet hotel in Tignes is not up at Val Claret (where you catch the funicular up to the glacier) but they do shuttle you back and forth, which is very convenient.

Details of their short November breaks here http://mountainsunltd.com/specialoffers/autumn-ski-board-camp-tignes/

Hintertux in Austria is another possibility, but I've not been there and have no info. Lots of Snowheads know it, though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And here's another suggestion if you would like to combine a pre season holiday with top class tuition in small groups. http://insideoutskiing.com/holidays/preseason.html

Personally, I think the terrain available in November is too limited to spend a week just cruising around on your own. It's an ideal time to focus on skills improvement and the Inside Out formula is sociable as well as very effective - ideal for somebody travelling on their own. You can share rooms (cheaper) or pay a supplement for single occupation, which is what I've done in the past.

There are a good few Snowheads who have experience of this formula - and all rate it highly. I have no personal interest here, just a satisfied customer.

Tignes, as a resort, is pretty well completely dead in November - so the sociable centre at Les Melezes is good to have.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Phill207, I skied Cervinia a few years ago and one of the chaps I met on the slopes had taken the train, from Turin I think, to Aosta then bus to the resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@Phill207, I skied Cervinia a few years ago and one of the chaps I met on the slopes had taken the train, from Turin I think, to Aosta then bus to the resort.

you could do that certainly, but there's a lot of changes and it's more expensive. The Turin - Cervinia bus is direct, goes about six times a day and I'm guessing it's about €5 - €10 (that's how much the Turin - Aosta bus is)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Once again thank you to everyone with all your advice and suggestions, there is a fair amount to mull over. The bus and trains are cheaper but It would be any early return flight which makes things awkward. Some of the suggestions about short tuition courses sound good worth looking into. ⛷⛷⛷🎿👍
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the tourist office have a direct bus in high season but we normally go in April only to be told its too late & so I expect November is too early. The best we found was a small hire car.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Phill207, if you want some instruction, check out the Snoworks course in Tignes for that date. You can also book accommodation and transfers from Geneva through them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy