Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
@Kooky, we will see you in wagrain ...getting glink across so dampfkessel likely but not till a bit later than 3
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the offer but we're back home now after a great week staying in Radstadt. We went to Hochkonig after Annaberg then spent a nice morning at Fageralm before our flight home. Many of the snowheads in fact who post on here introduced us to this whole area which has so much potential. In fact it was a post or two by Samerburg Sue that I happened to stumble across that got us tempted to come to Kleinarl last winter.

Although never meeting her, it seems so sad with her passing and we noted that Fageralm was one of her favourite places - I can see why now with such unspoiled and uncrowded slopes (even on a Sunday) and a quaint lift system.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting week snow and conditions wise in Gastein. Arrived to warm conditions and then a decent amount of snow. That all melted as quickly as it arrived and the valley looked like it was late March rather then early. It all felt a bit odd though as the temps were low yet everything melted quickly. I can only assume that ground temps were actually quite warm from the Feb conditions. Saw a lot of people jogging which is I suspose a good and bad sign. Skiing on piste though was great. until Saturday. Then Foehn came through and pistes turned to slush but with high winds and massive cloud build up it promised quite a lot. Skied dorfgastein that day and for the first time had to be dragged up on skidoo waterski style as the lifts were all closed from the grossarl side by 3pm due to the winds.

Snow didn't quite arrive as much as seemed possible given the forecast and conditions but this weeks skiing was fantastic. Couple of days at Graukogel and Sport with enough fresh to take out the big planks.

Last two nights have had some snow falling, if that can keep going could be a good March for skiing.

lastly seems there is some decent investment going in to the lifts at Schlossalm. Going from a 700 per hour train to 3000 per hour gondola. And interestingly they crowd funded a portion of it with it seems the first 1.5mn tranche closing in 3 days. The deal is you put down 5k now you get 6'250 of lift pass credits over 5yrs (or you can do lower amounts) which doesn't seem like a bad return compared to the 0.1% I saw sparkasse offering on deposits !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On my weather app it says snow all week is this what others have found aswel. I'm wondering if our march 26th holls are looking a little dodgy snow wise (staying in flachau) xx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rm1982, it has snowed a lot today...Flachau
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, this is our first ski holiday, so is it that the more snow that falls the more can be made by the machines to make sure there is enough for people to ski on?, sorry that must sound like such a basic way of working things out lol
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, we found EPIC powder over on the Grafenberg side, pics on FB Madeye-Smiley Sorry we missed you at the Dampfkessel Crying or Very sad

@rm1982,they won't be making any more snow this season, but what is here will last til Easter, dont worry Blush
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rm1982, more snow means more fun. Proper snow is much nicer to ski on, especially when it's deep, it would be much nicer if there was so much natural snow that they never had to turn the machines on at all Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a fantastic day today over on the Paradise lift at Schladming. Found absolutely wonderful light powder in our favourite stash over there and just played about in that all morning.
On piste was a little bumpy/scrapey but good fun, the crowds seem to have gone now, no queues and the fresh top up of snow has just made the pistes that bit fresher. We are due a bit more tonight and tomorrow, Saturday looks like a blinder Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is all fab news to hear chaps. Thanks so much for the reassurance.
Had a look at the web cams earlier looks pretty empty - which I see as a good thing as less people to see me fall on my back bottom lol
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've had two trips to obertauern this year. Late Jan and early march.
Both times radstat had loads of snow.
Both times epic sunshine and piste conditions.
And the march trip had one snow out day that led to some of the best off piste I have ever been on .
@rm1982, you will be fine. Ski amade is superb. And trust me...weather wise asits your first trip you want sunshine. Not snow!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice to hear there are still good conditions in Flachau and nearby resorts. I have noticed though the temperatures seem to be on the rise (depending which site you look at!). We fly out on 18th March, never been so late before but the drop in prices for airline, hotel and lift pass made the holiday viable, which was looking at bit doubtful when first started researching for 2017. Had to miss last year due to hubby's knee replacement, so very excited about this holiday Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sharon1953, rising temperatures and sunshine are not the worst things that can happen...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nozawaonsen, agreed...as long as the snow stays around!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sharon1953, it is snowing now. In fact most of the week has been snowy
ski holidays
@sharon1953, We have been snowboarding boot deep fresh every morning this week in Schladming. At least 0.5 m more up top than similar time other years. Oh I tell a lie it was knee deep yesterday.

Enjoy looking forward to your long awaited trip.
ski holidays
AccuWeather is showing +15 degrees on 17th, should I be taking flippers? Or should just remove that website from my list?
snow report
I went over to Annaberg today thinking there would be awesome powder after the recent snow we have had, but it was really horrible frozen crust and hardly any depth, so I zipped over to Zauchensee when I found an almost untracked bowl of knee deep light fluffy powder just behind the Rosskopfhutte to play in.
Both resorts were pretty busy though, quite big queues in the morning.
Yes the temps are rising but the snow won't disappear for a long time yet, and the pistes runs are really in great shape.
snow conditions
How is the snow holding up; staying in Saalbach next week but was thinking of doing day trips to Flachau/Zuachensee/Obertauern?
snow conditions
Arrived back from Flachau on Saturday. All pistes well covered but heavy going. Lots of sunshine, temperature ranged between 8 - 16 degrees! Aim to get out early and stay high. We also went over to Zauchensee but it was the same there once you started the decent down from the top. The weather forecasts even on the day, never seemed to have it right as they kept saying rain when we had wall to wall sun, so you have no chance trying to predict even a day ahead!
snow report
@Saalbachsnowhead, I've been here all week and skied Obertauern, Flachau and Zauchensee. We've had a great time with some very good skiing. Obertauern is probably your best bet due to height but don't discount the others. We even had a great day in Dachstein West but that'll be closed next week. Flachau and Dachstein West were good because there were so few skiers about and even though it got soft it wasn't chopped up. Enjoy.
latest report
@geepee,
Quote:

even though it got soft it wasn't chopped up.

Shocked Shocked Hey, thats the last time I invite you over to dinner wink

We are heading out to Flachau tomorrow for the LisaAlm closing party, must try and restrain myself, last year I ended up with a few cracked ribs after a rather *exhilerating* ski down in the wee hours Skullie
snow report
With snow and cold weather now predicted for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from GFS, ECM, and ZAMG, what resorts will be open next week?

Very hard to tell from some websites.

Grossarl/Dorfgastein till the 22nd.
Sportgastein till the 23rd.
ski holidays
Obertauern
ski holidays
Think Zauchensee is still open till the 23rd too.
snow report

Fabulous and unexpected day off pisting today with Scarpa in Zauchensee, plenty of snow, and absolutely empty everywhere. The big powder dump looks like its moving in for the next few days and its certainly got cold here, we have had the fire going the last few nights! Looks like the last few weeks of the season could very well be epic Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Kooky, awesome!
latest report
Snowing outside my window right now... just what I need for doing a big DIY job outside... BRRRRRRRRR!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh my heart bleeds for you Scarpa Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I didn't ski today *sob sob*, DIY store for more timber, cheap end of season compressed logs for the stove, tools and a ladder, then back to working outside.

Tomorrow I will be taking the fat skis out though Toofy Grin
snow conditions
It is still really snowing hard here, dont forget folks, Obertauern is open until may 1st and I am sure flangesax has rooms free. Conditions have never been better if you want a cheeky ski.

I know scarpa, waynos and co will be out in the pow tomorrow (while I am stuck in the shop, sob sob) so I am sure there will be a few photos to follow Going green Going green Going green
snow conditions
In a way, I'm kinda glad I'm not apartment-hunting yet. I think I would be very distracted by all that lovely snow. The webcams look amazing, it's like the middle of winter again!
ski holidays

Zauch yesterday
latest report

I woke up to this today! and I am only living at just under 1000 meters Lord knows what it will be like up on the hill today, all kinds of epic I am guessing!

Still snowing and more set to fall, the, last few weeks are going to be amazing.
Have fun you lot up there today, and do a few runs for me.
My heart is really breaking here watching Scarpa get avied-up and seeing the volley of texts about where you are all skiing Going green Going green Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
@Kooky, I feel your pain! Toofy Grin
latest report
@queen bodecia, thanks chica, it´s real.
The pain is very real Skullie
snow report
Just getting better by the day. Zauchensee today with Flangesax and Waynos.

latest report
Who´s up for Sunday? Zauchensee or Obertauern?
snow report
ME!!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
The day was an epic. Maybe zauch, no superpass for me this season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy