Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead

Lovely day of skiing today. Bit bloody cold though, a few times burying my face in the snow meant goggles fogged and then froze, which wasn't pleasant. Only my first week doing any real off piste so good to have Kooky and Scarpa holding my hand! Cracking day, absolutely knackered now though Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jan discovering the joys of off piste blasting Cool

Debbie letting rip on her new Whitdots Toofy Grin

And me doing the same on my old Bents Madeye-Smiley

Not to leave the boarders out, Cedric heading into the trees snowHead

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarpa, looking good! Am over Thursday to Saturday next week .... kicking off with the full moon tour. Please save some pow in the trees for me!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zammo, yay! We are heading up at about 15.00 so we can do a few hut stops on the way, will save you a space on our table at the top if you like, there is powder a plenty dont you worry! Just off to Dachsten West now its a brisk -21 here at the moment Skullie
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking good, JanetS and I arrive in Flachau next Tuesday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@RobinS, tuesday 10th? You might spot a few of us with Snowheads buffs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kooky, Looks like you guys are having a blast in the new snow. We just got back from a morning in Reiteralm - great skiing but boy was it cold. My feet are still thawing out!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kooky, bbrrrr! Look forward to seeing you and @scarpa on the hill Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking stunning out there, @bobbev999 glad to hear Reiteralm has some good snow, it is up near the top of my list of fab places along with Zauchensee and several others in Amade.

Staying in Schladming and will be visiting a couple of other mountains with a friend Fri 13th to Mon 16th Jan inc.

Cheers
Kev,
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

SnoodyMcFlude scouting out his next line of powder Wink
We decided to hit the Dachstein West today, left home in minus 23 Skullie but well worth it. We found really endless powder bowls and hardly anyone off piste Shocked Snow was incredible everywhere and despite the cold temps there wasn't any wind so it didn't really feel that uncomfortably cold.
Anyone out here this week who fancies a moonlight ski tour on Thursday, there is a whole bunch of us heading up, pm me and we can arrange a meeting point Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Later flight back today so was able to get a morning of skiing powder and nice pistes. Well worth the extra 30 or so euros for a lift pass.

Didn't all go to plan though, decided to pop a little jump but had on tip down, cue double ejection (one ski left sticking out the snow) and face full of powder snowHead Cant think of many better ways to spend a Saturday morning

Edit: picture upside down, an annoying habit with my iphone
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:

Edit: picture upside down, an annoying habit with my iphone

Just assumed you'd taken it whilst flipping 180 degrees upside down...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nozawaonsen, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its been dumping down again overnight, dont think I have seen this much snow here in quite a few year, it will be an epic week ! Temps are back to normalish with a positive tropical minus 6 snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Greedy. Send some to the Dolomites!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gasteinertal has had about a foot when only around 5cms forecast. Nice surprise.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx,
Quote:

@RobinS, tuesday 10th? You might spot a few of us with Snowheads buffs.

We'll look out for you all - unfortunately we don't have snowheads buffs, and we ski all in black! Our car - a very distinctive Disco Green Fiat Qubo with a huge roof box does have some stickers though.
latest report
@RobinS, we will be at the race on tuesday night and skiing elsewhere the rest of tbe week
snow conditions
@RobinS, we will be at the race on tuesday night and skiing elsewhere the rest of tbe week
snow conditions
@Kooky, @Scarpa

Will definitely be in Forstau for the full moon effort. Let me know which hutte you're going to be in and when (ish) .... or wherever you're meeting. Seems like a good opportunity to try out my new Whitedots Happy

Will PM my number so you can text, WhatsApp or whatever, should you choose.
latest report
Had our first day out at Flachau today, and after the frozen icy ribbons of snow we have had at La Plagne since the start of the season it was superb. Lovely snow, soft fluffy lumps forming this afternoon, and just fantastic fun. Temperatures between minus 5 and minus 10, but with no wind was very pleasant.
Will probably ski Wagrain / Grafenberg tomorrow, then look for some off piste at Flachauwinkel / Zauchensee Friday.

We have bought season passes, an the basis we will stay as long as we can afford - to which - where is the cheapest place to buy groceries nearby? We stocked up at the MPreis, but it was very expensive - is there a Lidl or Aldi around? (we have the car so can travel).

We missed the race, as were busy at supermarket etc, and ended watching it on TV from a mile away! Would be good to meet up with some snowheads during the next week or two.
snow conditions
@zammo, cool. I have a bad chest infection so we will probably start at 14:30 and grab the second lift after the first tour. Will end up in the middle of the 3 huts to the right near the drag lift, it's always a fav of ours. Will be good to catch up. Think I still have your number.
ski holidays
@RobinS, there is a penny Markt near the space jet 1. There are Hofers...aldi....and lidls around. Google will tell you. I will be around most of next week. Where are you staying?
latest report
@holidayloverxx, We are just up the road from the Penny Markt, junction of the ReitdorferStrasse and Gemeindestrasse, opposite the bakery. Will give them a look, and I see there is a Hofer in Radstadt - only about 5 miles away. We have this apartment until 28th January, then need to find somewhere else not too expensive for another couple of weeks or so.
latest report
@RobinS, There is a Lidl in Bischofshofen and Sankt Johann too.
Penny is quite competitive (good meat prices compared to others).... but you can get a nice UK style brown loaf from Lidl!

If you fancy a bit of BnB then look us up... we have some rooms available around the time you are looking.
snow report
@zammo,
Quote:

good opportunity to try out my new Whitedots

Me too! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Will be up on the hill at various huts from about 16.00, see you then! There is rumour of a little powder for the midnight descent Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

@zammo,

Quote:

good opportunity to try out my new Whitedots

Me too!

And JanetS was trying her new Whitedots today as well (I have to slum it on my Cham 107s).

Dug the car out this morning and drove up to Flachauwinkl and skied across to Zauchensee, superb snow but terrible visibility. We discovered that our new Visor helmets that allow us to wear glasses underneath do not work in these very snowy conditions - back to Julbo goggles and not able to read!
Had to dig the car out again to get back, but at least it gave our landlord the chance to snowplough our parking area.
snow conditions
A few clips from last week for anyone that's interested, seems like months away Sad

http://youtube.com/v/slc4sLPdDBQ
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, brilliant! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SnoodyMcFlude, great to finish with a McFlurry!
latest report
nice one SnoodyMcFlude.

Great way to start the morning snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Even better to finish with a McFlurry at the end snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Going here 10 Feb, havent been for 18 years, great vid,conditions look great, looks soft enough for me to fall over. Enjoy
ski holidays
7 days!!!! Just saying...
latest report
world cup race was cancelled today due to too much snow....and its still snowing and set to continue until Tuesday!
latest report
@SnoodyMcFlude, Very Happy great vid. I remember those last few runs well snowHead
snow report
Went across to Grafenberg / Alpendorf yesterday. Wonderful conditions, and apart from coming back over from Wagrain the visibility was not too bad despite continuous snow. Lots of really good piste-side powder.
snow conditions
Fantastic conditions today, lovely powder off piste, with very few people skiing even the stuff within sight of the lifts. Pistes lovely and grippy and not too bumpy. The sunshine helped as well!
snow report
Despite being rather ill still, we took off to Annaberg (Dachstein West) for some powder skiing. Very cold, very lovely light and deep powder and VERY empty! When we left it was snowing heavily really big fat flakes .
If anyone is coming out this week you have picked a peach of a week with temps set to be around minus 2 to -14, and lots and lots of unbroken sunshine until next Tuesday.

Enjoy! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Kooky, not jealous at all. Glad that I'm at work instead Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
We tried Fageralm today - first ever visit there. Snow conditions absolutely perfect, very cold and overcast, with almost continuous light snowfall. The lift infrastructure is a bit dated, two 2 man chairs and several T bars, but there were hardly any people, and that combined with the conditions made for a very good day in a very attractive area.
snow report
@RobinS, Fageralm is a great little ski area made all the better by the limited lift system that serves to keep the masses at bay, even in the busiest times of the season. But that's our little secret so don't go telling everybody about it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy