Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
@hammerite, please could you update this thread tomorrow? If I come out it's either Schladming, Ellmau, or hintertux to be snow sure.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Certainly worth the trip. I imagine that the slopes will be a good deal busier than past weeks but I expect they will still be good to ski (if you don't mind the crowds). I don't know if there's much new snow in the Hochkönig but what there is should probably be ok (on piste).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I only ski on piste anyway so off piste won't be of any concern. Thabks for your help and info. I'll decide tomorrow whether to book the flights to Munich or not. Please keep me updated
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ricklovesthepowder, nothing looks as pretty as yesterday. Lots of green between the pistes and a few brown patches appearing. The skiing is fine though and it is forecast to get colder for the rest of the week. Pistes noticeably busier today.

We're quite a way from Schladming though so things could be different there. Given we were in Soll two years ago when conditions were similar to this I'd give Ellmau a miss (I might be doing them a disservice though!).

Unless you have something better to do with your time or money I'd come out here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Belting it down here. 12cm forecast today Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
View from the breakfast table...

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Goodness, a huge change overnight, needed the snow blower for the drive this morning,, so much snow, the pistes will be epic, hoping to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon. We still have a few rooms available from the 7th if anyone fancies a last minute holiday. Happy days. Ange Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great piccy @Scarpa.

This time next month I shall be witnessing that myself snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't see anything on the webcams today. I'm taking this as a very good sign. Enjoy flangesax, Scarpa, Kooky and all.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@queen bodecia, I have no free time, work work work, one thing I have learnt about living and working in a ski resort is you have to have nerves of steel on powder days Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kooky, I guess I'll be finding this out for myself before too long!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queen bodecia, Ooh that sounds good. Any news that you can share? Best wishes that it comes together for you.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cad99uk, currently concentrating on preparing my house for sale. Depending on how long it takes to sell kinda dictates my plans. Some houses in my area have taken 4 years or more to sell, but I aim to accept the loss and price mine far more realistically. I've got a couple of 'plans' in mind, either looking for a job in the same field I currently work in, or perhaps retraining to do something completely different. Keeping my options open whilst I research both.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well what do you know, off piste at Zauch with up to 60cm (some windblown) in places Cool

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lovely skiing in Flachauwinkl today. I never ski during school holidays so was uncomfortable with crowds of families and rapidly deteriorating pistes over the last couple of days. It was great to see the pistes holding up well today and the crowds dispersed over a bigger area making for a much better experience altogether.
snow conditions
Hauser kaibling is fabulous today. Car park very full but the pistes are almost empty
snow conditions
Tomorrow will be great too with all the hungover people crowded into huts Toofy Grin
snow report
Is anybody familiar with Maria Alm / Hochkonig?

I'm heading out for this weekend, staying in Maria Alm and I'm wondering how long it takes to ski the Konigstour - can it be comfortably skied in a day?
Any highlights which I shouldn't miss?

Thanks
latest report
Glorious couple of days skiing. Mostly artificial for the first few days but a sprinkling of fresh over night meant some fantastic hero snow this morning.

Forecast for some reasonable snow over the next few days so fingers crossed I'll be playing in powder before home time Very Happy
latest report
@dhorst,
Quote:

how long it takes to ski the Konigstour

Easily done in a few hours......depending on how many hut stops you do
wink
ski holidays
Thanks @Kooky, I'll allow 2 days then! snowHead
latest report
@dhorst, Laughing Laughing Laughing

You do know there is about to be a massive dump, almost a meter of snow this weekend so expect it may take a bit longer than a few hours! Its a lovely route though, really well signposted Smile
snow conditions
Had about 15cm already in Gasteinertal.

Going by the weather stations, for once it seems to be getting more than the rest.
ski holidays
Great conditions in Radstadt and connected areas today, bit breezy up high but loverly powdery snow falling and all set fair for next few weeks. Fantastic skiing with fellow snowheads (Felicity, Adrian and Ben too). Quick shout out for Haus Susanne as a place to stay at if heading to this area: great people, food, location etc.
snow conditions
Totally agree with what Double Bombardino, has said. Just a shame we're leaving tomorrow! snowHead
latest report
Good lord, the amount of snow that fell today Shocked Shocked Shocked

Roll on Friday I may finally get to test my Whitedots in powder! If anyone wants to join us we are planning a day at Planai......robbing Waynos secret stashes before he arrives on Sunday Twisted Evil
snow conditions
@Iski, sorry I missed you Crying or Very sad have a safe travel back, maybe leave a bit earlier it was utter mayhem on the motorway from work just now, closed in both directions and lorries literally all over the place Shocked
snow report
Quote:

bit breezy up high

I got brain freeze on a lift today!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax, MTFU!
snow report
snowed most of the night and absolutely dumping it down again now, snowmageddon Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Kooky wrote:
snowed most of the night and absolutely dumping it down again now, snowmageddon Madeye-Smiley

Sounds amazing, enjoy! snowHead
ski holidays
Didn't even have lunch today, too busy forest blasting at Zauch. My body feels broken.
snow conditions
@Scarpa, rolling eyes

I am so excited! First day in the powder on my Whitedots, its minus 18, looking great out there, have fun everyone and stay safe Very Happy
ski holidays
@Scarpa, @Kooky, enjoy and stay warm!!
snow report
MMmmmm not really jealous Sad
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
@Scarpa, @Kooky, enjoy and stay warm!!
+1
snow conditions
@Scarpa, @Kooky,oooh have fun. I'm off to the local fridge for some instruction. Still beats my desk though! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@Hurtle, + loads, it is epic here right now and looks set to stay that way snowHead
latest report
I concur that there is much snow to enjoy and me and the Missus had a good morning's skiing in Wagrain although be warned, it's rather chilly up top - minus 18 according to the digital display at the top of the Red 8 Gondola!
latest report
@bobbev999, hey you! Hope you are doing good fella!
We had an epic day blasting through the powder fields by Paradise in Haus, it really was damn cold we had to have a hut stop after 2 runs Shocked
As I told Waynos, the powder was great but there is still not really a proper bonded base so when we tree skied there were a fair few trips over bushes/branches/fallen trees if you weren't paying attention.
Give it a few more days of snowfall and we will be getting there. Very cold today, we lost Scarpa mid afternoon due to a really nasty cough (ahem) so he chilled in the hut while we ripped it, tomorrow will be even colder, minus 24 according to some web pages.
SnoodyMcFlude earnt his gnar points today skiing down the north face at Haus in a whiteout, snow was "interesting"!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 6-01-17 20:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy