Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

iPhone cases with retractable lanyards

Poster: A snowHead
iPhone cases with retractable lanyards — first good ones I have seen.

Look good, and will clip to your jacket zip-pulls. Cord is long enough to pull right out for taking photos etc.

I will order one and let you know how I get on. Guy invented them after he lost his iPhone on a ski lift...

http://beelinecases.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just use a standard case with a loop hole and a lanyard from a usb stick looped through the zip on my pocket. Hasn't let me down in several years. Also use it when out on the water.
Simple solution, a built in retractable lanyard seems like an over engineered solution.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or get this for £4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gukas-Apple-iPhone-6S-4-7/dp/B017R4NMPG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_107_19?ie=UTF8&dpID=51W3rsFBHOL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=JDYEP7CVRFVVVNDSK94A&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PeDaSp wrote:
http://beelinecases.com

I'll give your friend this... its a pretty slick looking design, and the website is tidy. $60 though? I genuinely wouldn't pay that for a phone, let alone an accessory for a phone!

boredsurfin wrote:
seems like an over engineered solution.

I agree! @HoneyBunny proves that with her link straight away!!

HoneyBunny wrote:
Or get this for £4

@HoneyBunny Perfect!!

I try not to use my phone when i'm away skiing. I'm a big fan of waking up, pressing "start" on Ski Tracks, chucking the phone into a zip lock bag (low tech waterproof!) and hiding it away in some obscure pocket in my kit. Stats can be compared later on over pints and nobody has to be publicly shamed for dropping their phone off the side of a chair lift!

A lanyard for my hipflask though...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HoneyBunny, My solution is similar, but with no metal involved, I would worry that at some point I will grind the metal into the phone.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
I just use a standard case with a loop hole and a lanyard from a usb stick looped through the zip on my pocket. Hasn't let me down in several years. Also use it when out on the water.
Simple solution, a built in retractable lanyard seems like an over engineered solution.

OK — that's what I have currently, but I'm bored Very Happy

And yes, it maybe a tad "over engineered"; but do remember we are all partaking in a "sport" that involves strapping two planks of wood to ones feet, taking a lift up a mountain, and then sliding down said mountain, possibly breaking leg bones in the process. And all in the freezing cold. And repeating all day, every day for 7 days at least. And paying ££££££ for the privilege.

So retractable lanyard a bit silly yes, but it's in good company Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
letsgetpiste wrote:
I'll give your friend this... its a pretty slick looking design, and the website is tidy. $60 though? I genuinely wouldn't pay that for a phone, let alone an accessory for a phone!

$80 if you include international postage!! Cool Cool

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 11-07-16 21:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PeDaSp wrote:

$80 if you include international postage!! Cool Cool

On top of a $600 phone... terrifying! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Report so far: Beeline refunded my debit card payment because they no longer sell internationally...

I'm going to order on eBay.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeDaSp wrote:
Report so far: Beeline refunded my debit card payment because they no longer sell internationally...

I'm going to order on eBay.

fingers crossed you'll have it before the season kicks in!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have you looked at these? works for me!
http://mybunjee.com
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mishmash, MPI Brokers (ski insurance mentioned on here) require you to use a mybunjee for your phone to be covered on their policies.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HutToHut wrote:
@mishmash, MPI Brokers (ski insurance mentioned on here) require you to use a mybunjee for your phone to be covered on their policies.

Thats a fantastic endorsement for a product!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mishmash, Thanks. That looks a great product at a really good price-point. And I'm sure it would cover 95% of drops, and would stop you ever leaving your phone somewhere. Perfect for nightclubs and shopping etc.

But it's basically a big rubber band, and I would be concerned about it working its way off in my ski jacket. Plus, it will obscure quite a strip of the screen, which is not a great help when you are looking at piste maps on your iPhone.

Also it doesn't fulfil my desire to posses a over-engineered and over-priced gadget Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PeDaSp, Or....I bought a spare Belkin clear case from Amazon, and one of these mounted on the back:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sametop-Camera-Tethers-GoPro-Cameras/dp/B01BTRTFH6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469535533&sr=8-3&keywords=gopro+session+tether&tag=amz07b-21

Seems to work.
latest report
Am I the only one that just zips up the pocket that has my phone in and doesn't take photos on lifts? Wink
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, Every time I get my phone out of my pocket its steamed up anyways! wink
ski holidays
PeDaSp wrote:
@mishmash, Thanks. That looks a great product at a really good price-point. And I'm sure it would cover 95% of drops, and would stop you ever leaving your phone somewhere. Perfect for nightclubs and shopping etc.

But it's basically a big rubber band, and I would be concerned about it working its way off in my ski jacket. Plus, it will obscure quite a strip of the screen, which is not a great help when you are looking at piste maps on your iPhone.

Also it doesn't fulfil my desire to posses a over-engineered and over-priced gadget Very Happy

Its never come off in my jacket over c. 8 weeks skiing - I only use it for skiing though and only for voice/text when on the lift . I take the band off at lunch when I want to use the "smart" bit of the phone. Where it is really good is that is very easy to get the phone in and out and then clipped to a zip pull.
snow report
mishmash wrote:
have you looked at these? works for me!
http://mybunjee.com

I use that too! Probably over about 11 weeks of skiing now. Very good indeed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy