Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bettmeralp and Aletsch Arena

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Bettmeralp or the Aletsch Arena? I really like the look of it but there are very few reviews about it. Thinking of going in the Easter school holidays 2017. Family of five and the kids are under 10 years but skied 4/5 times.
Any info on the place would be very gratefully received!
ThAnk you in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very nice area varied runs and great views.
South facing though so that late in the season snow likely to be at best a slushfest at worst non existent.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pottercs2010, great place for you in Feb. This year Easter is very late. Mind you it snowed and snowed late this year - and the year before...and...it's low. We know the Valais well, and ski at Crans Montana (over 20 years) many weeks each year but this is much higher and we can usually find decent slopes even in a thin and warm year - Bettmeralp has been tricky this late in the year in past seasons. I would do it, but not at Easter this year. If you can go earlier, then go, since it's great. If you are committed to Easter, then go to Crans Montana (great ski school with small groups called Swiss Mountain Sports) fantastic views and great slopes for 3 kids at the level they are - or to Val d'Anniviers (Grimentz, Zinal) which have North facing slopes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bettmeralp over 1800 metres with skiing to 3000 meters and a great snow record always seems to get more than its fair share of snow
I would say no problems at Easter
Skied through the Aletsch area mid April 2015 on the way down from the Jungfrau loads of snow
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jill t, ...it's a great area - but just small note that 2015 was a very good late snow year - which I agree is now far more common. The tourist office is very good in Betmeralp - give them an email and they will offer advice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very picturesque car free ski to the door family resort. Not so sure about skiing to the door in April however, probably a bit late for that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got the PdS days out coupons and as well as the Verbier / 4V ones, there are 5 days in any of these: Mörel-Filet, Bettmeralp, Fiesch, Riederalp, and Lax.
We live 20Km from Chatel, so just wondered which of these would be best to visit first given the 5 hour round-trip.
We normally snowboard ( off-piste, forests, snow-parks - well anywhere but pistes ), but have 400+ days skiing experience, so if the terrain is lots of long mogul runs or itineraries with long flat sections ( like the bottom of the Vallée Blanche ), then we'll take skis, though not touring as I have an aversion to slogging up hills, after just having shelled out 2 and a half grand on lift passes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went there last March.

Had a ball, especially Belalp.

Snow wasn't a problem.

Scroll down to see vids

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=131459
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow It looks nice and open ( apart from the tunnel Very Happy ), uncrowded, t-bars ( ok on a board ), and plenty of snow.
Thanks for posting that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My pleasure
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy