Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

A more septic & toxic troll is hard to find

If you really think that you've led a very, very sheltered internet life. I don't agree with a lot of what he posts but there is much, much worse out there. Hell, you only have to read the last page of the Brexit thread on here to see one particularly odious example in action.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@king key, Stop Whinging , the Ozzy;s called you lot spot on Very Happy

Summer Holidays are already taking a hit in the average UK travellers pocket

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/04/28/brace-expensive-holiday-abroad-summer/

The impact on currency rates & less money in the pocket is obviously having an effect as it is boosting UK stay at home holidays.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/uk-money/2017/05/01/uk-holiday-park-firms-rake-in-2-7bn-as-staycations-popularity-rises/

It will be interesting how next Winter Season pans out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Which season?2017-2018?

For clarity.

Glad you are using the Express as a news source, I use them for my winter planning, they always predict next winter will be the coldest on record.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, I found it cheaper to go to Bali for 2 weeks than where I wanted in Europe, you are aware of the rest of the world? Which is where people will go if Europe becomes as hateful as you. How much of your income this season was from British tips?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Norrin Radd wrote:
@stanton, How much of your income this season was from British tips?

Oh, I don't tip in McDonald's- should I be? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Norrin Radd,

Bali ?

Thats not the rest of the world its just a trashy tourist island for fat belly bald westerners even 20 years ago last time i visited I couldnt get out quick enough & hop over to Lombok which was just starting to get ruined . Recommend Maluku to get far away from the Trailer Trash.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You are such a cunt, slagging off a whole island based on the touristy bit near the airport.

My point is it was cost effective to fly to Bali for two weeks, stay in a house in the middle of the island, miles from anyone , let alone tourists, than go to Greece. EU ?
I went to Lombok in 1986 and 1988, which is why I took my children to Bali, to get a feel for where I grew up.

You have no credibility so if you have read about Lombok that is great news but not for a second do I think you have been there.

It's nice to know you were a fat bald westerner 20 years ago , but how would a taxi driver have afforded it , Fuckback to your benefits hostel. Free wifi is such a plus for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Norrin Radd, Bali it is all to easy for Westerners.
Its like folk who say they have travelled
It is all to easy. Get on plane in Europe and jump off in Australia,NZ,US;Singapore Bali etc it all looks & feels exactly the same ...no adventure there at all, boring.
May as well just take flight from London and get off in Manchester.

I hiked to the top Mount Rinjani but its to touristic comparedvto the other islands volcanos
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
35% up sinxe Brexit !!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/a9fm/mm23

http://www.aol.co.uk/travel/2017/03/10/holiday-prices-to-europe-have-soared-35-since-brexit-vote/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
According to the ONS link, prices have gone up, from 58 pp1000 to 65pp100, or 0.7%.

However some place are cheaper according to the AOL article. Only some prices have gone up.

Oh dear failed again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rogg, Failure is his role in life.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blahblahblah wrote:
@rogg, Failure is his role in life.

So does that make him successful?

Deep, very deep....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone checked UK Ski Holiday Packages.Prices.. Like for Like

2016/17 - 2017/2018
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, not sure what your point is? And who does package hols??

I'm booked for next year already and currently 14% cheaper than this year (lift pass not currently paid for so that will be subject to Euro changes)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have 3 trips booked for 17\18. One about c.70 cheaper; one the same and one c.£90 more expensive, so yes next year is more expensive for me by about £20.... not sure that warrants 17 pages of posts.
snow conditions
I guess most Brits on here do DIY Hols but there are UK Chalet Operators & Holiday Package operators.
snow report
RichClark wrote:
I have 3 trips booked for 17\18. One about c.70 cheaper; one the same and one c.£90 more expensive, so yes next year is more expensive for me by about £20.... not sure that warrants 17 pages of posts.

+1. Well said (at least in the short term..)
snow conditions
RichClark wrote:

+1. Well said (at least in the short term..)
snow conditions
Theresa May losing the general election would be good for the pound, says JP Morgan (Indy 30/05/17). Place bets now.
snow conditions
That beggars belief.
ski holidays
Good for the pound - Yes if you manufacture goods in the UK (from Sterling derived raw material) which accounts for almost no one.
Probably a total disaster for anyone wanting to go skiing for the following reasons.
1. It seems quite possible that Sterling would hit parity with the US$ & the same for the Euro.
2. Expected to be taxed to the hilt, so you won't be able to afford to go.
My bet is a coalition government formed by Corben, Sturgeon and Farron would be a total and utter disaster, probably verging cataclysmic!
ski holidays
blahblahblah wrote:
That beggars belief.

I can only assume that the Financial Sector are so worried about the potential damage caused by a Hard Brexit, or "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal", that they would rather have Labour's more conciliatory approach, where No Deal won't happen and "Jobs and the Economy" are given more priority.

Finance is not covered under the WTO, which is making them decidedly nervous....as Passporting and the ability to easily access talent from Europe, is essential to their industry.
latest report
How many times are we going to see the anti-Conservatives bang on about " you can't say 'no deal is better than a bad deal' ? FFS all of you: you may know that you want a deal, but you never Say you want a deal.

Think of the car show room.
Walk in and say: I'm leaving with a car, no matter what: so how much discount you going to give me? and the salesman will give you ... list price. And do their utmost to charge you for extras

Walk in and say - I like it, but I will walk out without a car unless you bring the price down... s/he'll bring the price down (within allowed scope). And chances are good that you'll walk out with a car.

And yet everyone chooses to take this as stick to beat TM with.

YOU know better, the Politicos know better, (and almost certainly the salesman, aka EU know this) but a good proportion of the great unwashed don't, and so are swayed by this BS - "she said it's hard brexit" it's the end of the world". No. it is a political stunt for party gain, and I for one am fed up with it.

Yes, TM has screwed up royally in the campaigning - I'm severely disappointed in their performance. But to walk into exit negotiations saying in effect "we must have this, we're not leaving without it, and to get it we'll pay whatever you ask" ?

You're all mad.
snow report
Finally someone who gets it!

I particularly like Farrons "we'll have a referendum on the deal and if we don't like it we'll stay" 🙄 Might as well say "please give us the worst deal possible, then everything will go back the way it was".
latest report
@Arctic Roll, exacty, well or therabouts at least. You never show your cards early in a game of poker because you lose your power play the other guy/girl's bluff.
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, It depends on how bad you see "No Deal" being for the UK.

IMO. "If" both sides know that it would be disastrous, then the threat is meaningless....and yes I know that is about perspective.

I think it's better to concentrate on what the UK brings to the table and how it will benefit the EU, rather than issuing threats...but I'm probably wrong. Very Happy
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
...and so are swayed by this BS - "she said it's hard brexit" it's the end of the world". No. it is a political stunt for party gain, and I for one am fed up with it. ... You're all mad.

You're not completely "fed up" with it, as you're posting here.

If you're a Brexiteer, then I suppose your car showroom analogy makes sense, because you think that walking away from the market is a credible concept.
Brexiteers think that the salesman doesn't know that if you don't have that car you're going to have to walk home, and it's a very long way.
They also think that the Trump showroom down the road will give them a good deal.

--
I don't think it matters either way, because there's simply no up side.
It's not going back the way it was.

--
On the plus side, maybe we can get Irish, Northern Irish, or Scottish passports.
And like Trump I'd like to see the end of British people "punching above their weight". Why should anyone have that right.
snow conditions
Arctic Roll wrote:

You're all mad.

I don't think we're mad to think that the EU negotiators will fairly quickly see through the we're prepared to walk away with nothing gambit. She hasn't put up a shred of evidence to show what BE Day +1 looks like if we do hard Brexit - that would be more powerful in a negotation don't you think than a simple bluff? Now I surmise that is because it is truly too scary for the public to respond to in any way that looks good for her. There still seems to be a belief that we the British invented negotiation and that simply by saying she is good at it that's enough to qualify someone for the job. It's not even convincing BS and she looks shifty when she says it.

When she got the nod as PM I was actually quite pleased because she seemed to be waaay better than the alternatives. Now, even with my antipathy toward Gove, I wonder whether he wouldn't have been a smarter choice for the good of us all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Old Fartbag wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:
That beggars belief.

I can only assume that the Financial Sector are so worried about the potential damage caused by a Hard Brexit, or "No Deal is better than a Bad Deal", that they would rather have Labour's more conciliatory approach, where No Deal won't happen and "Jobs and the Economy" are given more priority.

Finance is not covered under the WTO, which is making them decidedly nervous....as Passporting and the ability to easily access talent from Europe, is essential to their industry.

I see some of the finance houses are moving out of London and setting up in Ireland, so good news (of the double edged sword variety) for your island. Std Life considering same. Champagne sales set to rise due to those lovable traders ...
latest report
Irrev wrote:

I see some of the finance houses are moving out of London and setting up in Ireland, so good news (of the double edged sword variety) for your island. Std Life considering same. Champagne sales set to rise due to those lovable traders ...

ROI could be badly hit by Brexit due to cross border trade.... particularly if there is no deal, as it needs co-operation over the border. NI could be hit worse though....I live on the border and already see companies setting up offices in ROI, or moving completely. The whole thing is a mess.
snow report
"No deal" simply equates to mutual default to trade upon WTO tariffs (with no provision for services). Since WTO terms would effectively form the starting point in a future trade deal negotiation, difficult to envisage anything inferior (i.e. some supposed "bad deal") being actually proposed by, let alone acceptable to either party, which makes that whole slogan look absurd.
snow report
Irrev wrote:
"No deal" simply equates to mutual default to trade upon WTO tariffs (with no provision for services). Since WTO terms would effectively form the starting point in a future trade deal negotiation, difficult to envisage anything inferior (i.e. some supposed "bad deal") being actually proposed by, let alone acceptable to either party, which makes that whole slogan look absurd.

....and it doesn't help that we have few, if any trade negotiators, as we haven't had to negotiate any trade deal since before 1973. The EU has all the expertise.
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
Irrev wrote:

ROI could be badly hit by Brexit due to cross border trade.... particularly if there is no deal, as it needs co-operation over the border. NI could be hit worse though....I live on the border and already see companies setting up offices in ROI, or moving completely. The whole thing is a mess.

Hmm, not so good there, ROI likely less able to absorb trading disruption than the larger EU economies, even if short-run. If the stage of talks on a trade deal are actually reached, it'll be a small miracle in its own right, since that means the first phase issues i.e. citizens' rights, exit bill methodology and crucially, the Irish border issues, will all have been dealt with to the EU's satisfaction.
ski holidays
£1 = €1

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/811278/pound-euro-exchange-rate-election
snow report
If I transfer 5000 Euros to you will you transfer £5000 back, today?
snow conditions
Or are you just being stupid?
ski holidays
https://www.euroexchangeratenews.co.uk/uk-election-uncertainty-pound-euro-24915
snow report
@stanton, Congratulations on another link, this one stating ''Pound Euro Rate Near 1.15 – But election jitters could keep it in 1.14 region''

Which isn't exactly 1:1 now is it....... Puzzled
snow report
@PaulC1984, if UK drifts towards hard Brexit & WTO o still expect parity.
latest report
the uk has already stated hard brexit pretty much.

perhaps pop back with a link in 2 years when it happens.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy