Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
The thread is about Ski Vacations or Summer in the Eurozone being more expensive next season.

Not according to your first post :: just to remind you

"At the close: Markets enter reverse as Brexit strains stack up

1 Pound =$1.10 and €1.03 Coming !!!! "
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@albob, Well stanton's prediction in July 2016 for the coming 2016/17 ski season exchange rates seems as accurate as the rest of his posts.... Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haggis trap also wrote:

Quote:

I suspect we might yet see parity with Euro once trigger is pulled on article 50 ?

The British peso is in freefall vs. international currency.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If Le Pen gets in, will next season be very very cheap? Who knows.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, thanks for highlighting that our economy is better now than during the recession. Thanks also for highlighting the economy has got worse over the last 17 years whilst being part of the EU.....

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 2-04-17 15:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PaulC1984, Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Frank Spencer, Probably, but it would be the end of the EU as well. If the renowned tactical voting by the French goes badly, she might be in with a chance. Now if Nigel Farage was to be seen going in to her office, hang on to your hats!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PaulC1984, Fool. This is about Ski Holiday Prices next season.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haha @stanton, silly me I thought you meant this season. I got distracted from your original point with all your Web links.

Do you intend to refresh this thread every year until you prove you point Razz
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PaulC1984 wrote:

He does. It's gonna take some time....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PaulC1984, Don't worry, he'll be back explaining how intelligent he is in a minute and how wrong you are irrespective of facts.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PaulC1984 wrote:
Haha @stanton,

He is a Daily Express journalist and I claim my £5.00
ski holidays
Hasn't he been doing that in the past?

Wishful thinking disguised as prediction.
latest report
Early offers for next season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/advice/the-best-early-bird-ski-holiday-deals-and-offers/

Could this start the first 'will it snow thread' wink
latest report
@stewart woodward, We are going skiing in the third week of January nest year.
What will the snow be like on the blue slopes?
ski holidays
PaulC1984 wrote:
Haha @stanton, silly me I thought you meant this season. I got distracted from your original point with all your Web links.

Eventually he'll be right, although it'll only be by normal inflationary rises.......
latest report
rungsp wrote:

Will I need snow tyres or chains to drive to Tignes? snowHead
snow report
rungsp wrote:

If the slopes look blue, probably icy. You's be better of sticking to the white slopes.
ski holidays
The pound went up again today, Stanton's prediction is slowly turning to poop. Very Happy
ski holidays
@king key, Im not sure it was anything other than poo-poo from day one......
snow report
king key wrote:
The pound went up again today, Stanton's prediction is slowly turning to poop. Very Happy

Ridiculing stanton's ludicrous exchange rate predictions is too easy, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Next weekend should be interesting if Macron becomes President.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/6650-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-macron-win
latest report
Well, it will be Macron or Le Pen. Either is likely to result in "interesting times".
snow conditions
I think it will be Macron, by 70 to 30 ish. Pound shot up overnight but eased back this morning when calm returned to the markets.

Macron is a Europhile but highly educated, there will be a few threats, but he will be pragmatic. Had Melenchon and Le Pen been the frontrunners, the Euro's inevitable demise would have been brought forward a number of years. Meanwhile they will continue to kick the Greek Issue into the long grass and millions of young southern Europeans will remain destitute and in despair. Given around 40% of French voters chose anti EU candidates the calls for a French referendum my get louder. They will, of course, be ignored by the Parisian Media-political elite who refuse to give the people the choice as they would rather be sat on the colossal gravy train to an unreformed Brussels.
snow report
Does no one else think it odd the Macron has virtually married his mother?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@king key, and his best friend from schools mother. When they became and item he was 17 and she was 42. That's just weird.
snow conditions
Weird, I believe if you were a footballer (male) with a 17 year old girl the papers would be against you, and probably labeled something.
snow conditions
@Dr John, What's French for 'yummy mummy'?
snow conditions
Dr John, uncommon maybe, wierd no.
Have you seen a picture of Mrs Macron?
And there was a lovely feature on Radio 4 early Sunday morning on a couple who've been together for 30 years but got together when he was 17 and she was 20 years older.
ski holidays
@Jonpim, "42 year old teacher seduces 17 year old pupil". In my book that's weird, reverse the genders and you've got a full on national hate campaign on your hands.
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
@king key, and his best friend from schools mother. When they became and item he was 17 and she was 42. That's just weird.

His best friend from school's mother? Is their a source for this or just fun speculation? I wouldn't have said that it was ideal (positions of power and responsibilty etc) but the fact that they have been together since then and are still happily married makes a nice change from the string of affairs and scandals that normally emanate from the French president's office......
ski holidays
@galpinos, as said on Radio 5 this morning, sounded like it's well documented. His parents sent him away to another school to discourage the relationship, without apparent success. Each to their own, they didn't break any laws, it's just a bit, you know, weird.
latest report
So, to return to the thread title, this is how the £1 has looked over the last 12 months:

Euros CHF

1.15 1.24 Today
1.28 1.42 A year ago
1.10 1.20 Worst in last 12 months
1.32 1.46 Best in last 12 months

I actually don't think that anyone can really be sure whether next season will be more expensive. Plus, there seem to be two different but related strands here: 1. Will Pre-booked holidays be fixed at a worse rate ? and 2. What will rates be next winter?

If you're dependent on rate assumptions being made now or soon, then I would hazard that yes, they will be more expensive. So TOs and agencies negotiating with hotels and chalets now probably have to factor in an assumption that the above numbers don't look encouraging and assume something like a 10%-15% increase. After that, it's the usual balancing act of bigger margins vs putting people of altogether. And as for[2] as I said, no one can really predict, or if they can, they'll be out there currency trading and not reading skiing forums .....
ski holidays
The euro/pound exchange rate to me is becoming less relevant, if the EU decided to 'punish' the UK then I'll not be spending my money there. More relevant to me maybe the dollar, time will tell.
snow report
So to include the US$

Euros - CHF - US$

1.15 - 1.24 - 1.28 Today
1.28 - 1.42 - 1.45 A year ago
1.10 - 1.20 - 1.20 Worst in last 12 months
1.32 - 1.46 - 1.47 Best in last 12 months

So a similar trend to the euro and Swiss Franc: Not currently the worst rate since before the Brexit vote, but no indication that the rates will get back to the same levels as of a year ago. If you had to decide now, then you'd probably take a guess that a 15% price hike would be reasonable.
snow report
Todays rates are €1.18 CHF1.28
snow report
I consciously only added today's dollar rates and kept the other numbers the same just for consistency. I'm not a rate feed service. Are you going to update these figures yourself every day? Thought not.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy