Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
This is one way of keeping costs down.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/man-kicked-out-of-all-you-can-eat-buffet-after-eating-more-than-50-lbs-of-food-sues-for-2-millions/

I think it's a spoof.

http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-budget-takes-a-pounding-from-uk-currency-woes/

Something for Stanton, our worthless currency is going to bankrupt the EU, so next year might be cheaper!!!

Staying on topic, no more cheese graphs.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a spoof, he is 38.

But I think I have found where stanton is getting his news from and he might be right about costs increasing.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/price-of-plum-pudding-skyrockets-in-post-brexit-fallout/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@blahblahblah, Stay on topic you are looking very stupid now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watchdog on Three: Bread, cars, holidays - how will Brexit hit your wallet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/a59c7c5a-b89d-4d63-822a-1c47657bcf7d
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cost of skiing holidays set to soar as pound plunges

Some sound advice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/comment/book-your-holiday-now-before-prices-soar-brexit-pound/

There is a specific recent FT article on soaring Ski Holidays costs..

Austria up 20%
France up 26%
Tremblant 95%

Google " FT Cost of skiing holidays set to soar as pound plunges"

To read for free
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If I drink 2 less pints a day I am back to where we were.
If I smoke 10 less fags a day I am back to where we were.
If I bet 25p ew instead of 50p ew on the horses I am back to where we were.
If I fill the slot machine with 75p instead of a £1 I am back to where we were.
Not hearing folks with big mortgages squeal yet?? When they do then the savers will start to be happy again.
Lots of folks paying a pittance interest rates for mortgages and living above their means haven't seen 10% interest rates. Omg if that was the case wouldn't folks squeal.

Cut your cloth on the way up, not on the way down.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.poundsterlingforecast.com/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
http://www.poundsterlingforecast.com/

Not much good at forecasting - Carney's quitting in 2019 Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jerby wrote:
If I drink 2 less pints a day I am back to where we were.[...].

In fact you're "where we were" except that you've lost two pints.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@philwig, which can be all the difference to not getting a hang over, which is a good thing.... Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.exchangerates.org.uk/news/16641/gbp-eur-usd-pound-euro-exchange-rate-news-forecast-and-outlook-.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, Not sure why you keep pasting meaningless links.

The markets seem to react more to Trump farting or Hilary Clinton picking a different colour lipstick.......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Outlook? lol. Don't tell me, 'an overwhelming number of experts' predict it? haha.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulC1984, Just updates so you folks can get your €€ at the best rates.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton, That's fair enough. I don't mind that, but meaningless links, with no text, trying to resurrect a thread is a little pointless - That said, im keeping it alive by talking Happy - Clickbait Happy
ski holidays
Might be a good time to buy your EUR over the coming days if the positive effect on GBP from the High Court decision just announced lasts.
snow conditions
Brexit just got interesting.

So if the Supreme Court rule that TM cant trigger A50, do we go to the EU court..... Now that would be interesting. Happy

This thread could get longer than the Simon Butler one Happy
snow report
Exchange rate hasn't actually risen yet!
ski holidays
@james75, and it probably won't. Tis will try to cash in on the fluctuations as much as they can
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, Just shows what the Markets actually think of Brexit
snow report
@stanton, No, it just shows what the markets think of instability..... (BTW I'm not suggest markets like brexit, just that their main cause for concern is instability, not brexit as such - many parts of the markets will like brexit in fact)

The markets fluctuated more when Clinton fainted at the 9/11 ceremony because the world thought Trump would get in - On that day the FTSE100 and 250 dropped just over 1.5% (1.57% for the 100 from memory) It also adversely effected the GPB too which I found laughable.

The £ was at a higher level around the 20th Oct after rising slightly from the 1.10 ish low, and its been hovering between 1.10 and 1.12 since, same with the markets - I don't remember a pro EU announcement on 20th oct to help lift the £, do you??
ski holidays
Hmm but now what do the markets think of Brexit? Core thing is market rates reflect what people think *may* happen, not what will happen. Those dastardly city folk are not above a bit of market making to earn a few bob!
snow conditions
The pound seems to be recovering better against the Euro than against the dollar - up to 1.16 when I looked earlier.
latest report
Yup - now the market is guessing Trump likes the UK, so all will be good Happy Pesky europeans take the hit, skiing gets cheaper! All speculation and we need to make the best of it as we can!
snow conditions
Just thinking a little more- of late in the 1:20s is normal. Think that could be close by Christmas, so late teens, early twenties makes sense with all the uncertainty! An impact on skiing costs, but less than Chamonix typical ski pass inflation!
latest report
The Trump effect. Good for UK Winter sporters

However, Markets do not like it.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/nov/11/emerging-markets-currencies-trump-anxiety-bond-selloff-stock-markets-live

@PeterGee,

Nothing to do with Trump liking UK.

He said America FIRST that means he is turning his back on Europe that includes the UK, Canada, Mexico, China etc.

His words yesterday regarding what was always called the "Special Relationship" is now only "Close relationship"
latest report
Interpret how you like, as I say exchange rates are rarely real, much more speculation. The current speculation is based on the guess that the US will prioritise a trade deal with the U.K. over Europe! Will that happen, who knows. But one true thing is a US / UK deal will be far easier than a US / EU. No Italian tomatoes and Waalooms (sp?) to worry about. Either way right now the thread title may be incorrect !
latest report
It is looking much more positive for UK winter sporters heading to the US.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, a US/UK trade deal will be easier than an US/EU one - because the EU actually has a negotiating position with the US. We'll be given a piece of paper by the US and told to sign it.
snow report
Mjit wrote:
Yes, a US/UK trade deal will be easier than an US/EU one - because the EU actually has a negotiating position with the US. We'll be given a piece of paper by the US and told to sign it.

Maybe - we are already a significant trading partner though! Language and culture is not insignificant! Maybe you are right, but my point is the EU has to do a deal for 28 (soon 27) different countries and sets of interests. The EU has been really poor at agreeing deals as a result. Of course, signing a deal with > 240 million people is more attractive that 60 million. Anyway not trying to be political, just speculating on skiing costs!!
latest report
stanton wrote:
It is looking much more positive for UK winter sporters heading to the US.

Hey, come on over! Our mountains aren't as big, our food is marginal, but sometimes the snow can be cold smoke powder, and fall in abundance. I myself will be purchasing some pound sterling, at a very steep discount in a few weeks! Now if only I could scrounge up some tix to that Harry Potter play at the Palace theater at end of November, the misses would be very happy. Little Angel
snow report
Worth pointing out the £ has now rallied to 1.1740 vs the euro as I type...which was the pretty much the average rate between 2009 to 2013...panic over? Puzzled
latest report
@head_like_a_rock, 1.18 a few moments ago.

Panic over, what panic??

Depends on your point of view and 'What side you were on'. I can imagine once A50 is triggered everything will drop again, of course it will, but its good that the Pound has recovered at least or the next few months.
ski holidays
Is there a guy called Stanton that posts here wink Just kidding and celebrating a 1:1.18 (Until it drops of course)
snow conditions
@PeterGee, I think this is one of those posts that just gets dragged up by the people with whom I respectfully disagree when the pound drops or by brexiters when the pound lifts, just to prove ones own point. The rest of the time it is dormant and serves absolutely no purpose Happy
snow report
PeterGee wrote:
Is there a guy called Stanton that posts here wink Just kidding and celebrating a 1:1.18 (Until it drops of course)

Hahjaha, he tends to get his anal intruder out when it's good news for GB.
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, I agree, and currently not in the market for Euros , but the Yen rate does have a direct impact for me.
ski holidays
PaulC1984 wrote:
@PeterGee, I think this is one of those posts that just gets dragged up by the people with whom I respectfully disagree when the pound drops or by brexiters when the pound lifts, just to prove ones own point. The rest of the time it is dormant and serves absolutely no purpose Happy

Maybe, but core to me is how many beer tokens I can afford, because the rate is not likely to stop me going skiing. Plus though, sometimes things do get a bit serious around here, so a wee bit of joking doesn't go amiss!

By the way I think big rises or falls of exchange rates would be a topic on here regardless of the reason! It can be ignored though? (I ignore a lot of threads!)
ski holidays
As things stand, OP got this one SO wrong. Pound slowly increasing in value and TO deals for early to mid season are the cheapest that they have been for years, especially Christmas and New Year weeks.
latest report
@sequoiaboard, is that due to Christmas and New Year now being out of season rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy