Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Pounds v Euros v Dollars v Swiss Whatevers is all a bit of a low sum game. They go up and down. Who knew? If a beer is the equivalent of £5 instead of £4 its not going to stop you is it? My Bitcoins have risen 570% (not a typo) in the last 12 months. Ethereum is up 2033% (not a typo) in the same time frame but sadly I don't hold enough of those to make it exciting. Thing is you can get a cryptocard now and pay for things just as you do with your other cards. It's worth investigating and educating yourself on what might well become the normal form of exchange. I keep a close eye on it though as it can be, and will for sure continue to be, a bit of a rollercoaster, like when the Chinese recently decided they no longer wanted Bitcoin exchange. However, for the purposes of this thread, all my skiing next season is paid for thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
@PaulC1984, Im still going for Parity & Lower in the New Year

Which year?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Norrin Radd, next year, didn't you know........ Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having followed this thread with interest and sometimes disbelief at some of the rubbish talked here I felt it was time to consider some real figures that all Snowheads should be able to relate to, the published costs of the Bashes this year compared to last.

The total cost of going on the PSB, preBB and BB this season is £1,553 compared to £1,455 last season, an increase of £98 or 6.72%, more expensive yes, but "a lot more Expensive!" definitely not.

On a personal level I have booked the PSB which will cost me £39 more than last year NOT "a lot more Expensive!". My flight is costing £20 less than last year "a lot LESS Expensive!". The only thing left to pay for is the discretionary spending of bar and lunches which will be what it will be.

Having had to live with inflation up to 24%, interest rates up to 15% and Black Wednesday then this is nothing to worry about.

Rule 5 applies
5: Harden the fsck up
and stop whingeing, if you reply to this then Rule 7 Applies
7: Don't be a tw@. If you insist on being a tw@, at least be a funny tw@ : we're all out there to enjoy ourselves.

Rant over. Please do not reply to this and let this thread die a natural death.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timc wrote:
Rant over. Please do not reply to this and let this thread die a natural death.

There are two hopes of that. One of them is Bob.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pruman wrote:
Pounds v Euros v Dollars v Swiss Whatevers is all a bit of a low sum game. They go up and down. Who knew? If a beer is the equivalent of £5 instead of £4 its not going to stop you is it? My Bitcoins have risen 570% (not a typo) in the last 12 months. Ethereum is up 2033% (not a typo) in the same time frame but sadly I don't hold enough of those to make it exciting. Thing is you can get a cryptocard now and pay for things just as you do with your other cards. It's worth investigating and educating yourself on what might well become the normal form of exchange. I keep a close eye on it though as it can be, and will for sure continue to be, a bit of a rollercoaster, like when the Chinese recently decided they no longer wanted Bitcoin exchange. However, for the purposes of this thread, all my skiing next season is paid for thank you!

Have you got any links to reliable information on this stuff please?

There's so much crap and money-making schemes out there it's sometimes difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are a whole load of European resorts, Western & Eastern, which are relatively 'undiscovered' by many on here which offer similar skiing experiences to the tried & tested at 'a lot less expense'.

Never been a better time to broaden the horizons.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 6-10-17 19:08; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mike Pow, Top !!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, Not sure about 'reliable' info because big banks and some governments are scared of crypto currencies and are busy predicting their crash, whereas those who mine crypto currencies or trade in them are very bullish. I just tend to look at all of it and keep an open mind. Lots of youtube videos, look for interviews of John McAfee and Jamie Dimon as an example of the two sides. I recommend you do your own research and satisfy yourself as to whether buying in with some of your hard-earned dosh is a risk you are prepared to take. It's not a money-making scheme as you put it, it's another form of currency which is actually getting more liquid all the time. Check out Coinbase (a crypto currency wallet) and Cryptopay (a wallet AND a debit card which works where other cards work)

If you bought $100 of Bitcoin in 2010 it would now be worth over $73 MILLION. Meanwhile, that same $100 has reduced in value, especially if you just kept it in the bank. Big difference - there are a finite number of Bitcoins, there's a constant new supply of $. The 30 odd pages above are sweating over small fluctuations in fiat currencies, while there is a more exciting game going on elsewhere. Trading crypto is on a 24/7/365 exchange, it never closes. I buy when it drops and hold on to it and the wallets have the facility to transfer back into pounds/euros/dollars whenever you feel like it. All done instantly on the phone apps of course. I only exchange an amount of money each month that I'm comfortable playing with!

HTH - but read EVERYTHING.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pruman, the problem is identifying the moment when the Bitcoin bubble will burst, which will happen sooner or later and without warning. The $73m could be worth $1 overnight. It's not an investment, it's a gamble.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timc wrote:
Having followed this thread with interest and sometimes disbelief at some of the rubbish talked here I felt it was time to consider some real figures that all Snowheads should be able to relate to, the published costs of the Bashes this year compared to last.

The total cost of going on the PSB, preBB and BB this season is £1,553 compared to £1,455 last season, an increase of £98 or 6.72%, more expensive yes, but "a lot more Expensive!" definitely not.

On a personal level I have booked the PSB which will cost me £39 more than last year NOT "a lot more Expensive!". My flight is costing £20 less than last year "a lot LESS Expensive!". The only thing left to pay for is the discretionary spending of bar and lunches which will be what it will be.
Wow, thanks for working all that out Smile
I do fight very hard to get us the best prices I can - I'm glad it's appreciated.

It helps - and I kid you not - that we snowHeads seem to be considered 'a really nice group' by most of the places we stay.
"I bet you say that every week" I counter.
"No, no, I shouldn't say this but most of the guests, they are not as nice as you " Little Angel
They probably regret saying that at the end of the week when they suggest we might be prepared to pay a little more next year and I tell them they should be prepared to take less because we're 'the nicest guests' Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@admin, well done. A part time job leading Brexit negotations next?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

It helps - and I kid you not - that we snowHeads seem to be considered 'a really nice group' by most of the places we stay.

That will all go wrong if I ever come on a bash.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair wrote:
The $73m could be worth $1 overnight. It's not an investment, it's a gamble.

It's not an investment or a gamble, it's a currency. Like I said earlier, people need to do their own research on this, and satisfy themselves about the risk/reward. China, as you know it's the world's second largest economy, kicked out the Bitcoin exchange a couple of months back and Bitcoin fell around 20%. It's back up to where it was now. Seems pretty resilient to me.

When this thread started on 6th July 1 Bitcoin was at £1998.20. Today, a mere 3 months later, it is £3,487.26 (despite the China issue inbetween)

The pound/euro was around 1.10 on 6th July and now its around 1.11.

So if you had taken your ski budget for the year and converted it into euros on 6th July you'd still have the same amount. If you'd bought Bitcoin...... well, you do the math.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pruman wrote:
@clarky999, Not sure about 'reliable' info because big banks and some governments are scared of crypto currencies and are busy predicting their crash, whereas those who mine crypto currencies or trade in them are very bullish. I just tend to look at all of it and keep an open mind. Lots of youtube videos, look for interviews of John McAfee and Jamie Dimon as an example of the two sides. I recommend you do your own research and satisfy yourself as to whether buying in with some of your hard-earned dosh is a risk you are prepared to take. It's not a money-making scheme as you put it, it's another form of currency which is actually getting more liquid all the time. Check out Coinbase (a crypto currency wallet) and Cryptopay (a wallet AND a debit card which works where other cards work)

Thanks. Where I say money making scheme, I mean much of the info I've read ended up primarily pushing an online training course/strategy/software programme. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's crap info, but I've seen enough of that sort of stuff for SEO/social media/E-com that I'm instantly suspicious.
ski holidays
@clarky999, I'm instantly suspicious of soothsayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Pound Euro Outlook

Given the strength of the move down, there is a further possibility of a continuation lower after that, with a break below 1.1055 confirming an extension down to a target at 1.1000, which is a psychologically significant level
latest report
Just bought my lift pass, last years exchange rate 0.9027 this year 0.8993 Not psychologically significant, neither is the drop described above.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Pound Euro Outlook

Given the strength of the move down, there is a further possibility of a continuation lower after that, with a break below 1.1055 confirming an extension down to a target at 1.1000, which is a psychologically significant level

It is a significant level. Significantly better than the parity you keep harping on about rolling eyes
ski holidays
Interestingly considering the reported plummeting in value of the £ (mainly according to @stanton, ), the rate against the Euro appears to be marginally better than it was exactly one year ago.
snow report
martinm wrote:
stanton wrote:
Pound Euro Outlook

It is a significant level. Significantly better than the parity you keep harping on about rolling eyes

It is Only October.

If the UK walks out of Brexit negotiations all hell will break out and Parity will be here quicker than the drop on June 24th 2016

.......24 Jun 2016 - That was the lowest since 1985. The pound was down more than 7% against the euro. ... The pound's fall, which stunned investors, was its biggest ever one-day fall, and ranked with the reaction to the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008 and Britain's exit in 1992 from the European exchange rate mechanism on Black Wednesday......
snow report
Should the upcoming European Council meeting on 19 October delay the UK entering trade talks, GBP could fall hard

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/7748-morgan-stanley-reiterates-bearish-call-on-pound-as-brexit-talks-appear-headed-for-a-roadblock
snow conditions
Getting Close !!

Euro to Rise to 0.92 vs. Pound Sterling say Nordea, But "Toxic" Brexit Negotiation Process Could See Fresh Downgrades Issued

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/7757-pound-to-euro-forecast-nordea-markets
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Should the upcoming European Council meeting on 19 October delay the UK entering trade talks, GBP could fall hard

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/7748-morgan-stanley-reiterates-bearish-call-on-pound-as-brexit-talks-appear-headed-for-a-roadblock

'Should' and 'could'. More maybes.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Sterling parity with Euro & US Dollar £1 = €1/$1 by this coming Ski Season.

For the record, you stated this gem above on 30th July 2016

The current rate is the same as it was in 2011. If the rates moved in the linear fashion you have predicted, the pound should be worth about 10 cents by now.......
snow report
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

stanton never admits his failed predictions. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Alastair Pink, If he did he would nearly double his post count. We should be grateful for small mercies
ski holidays
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

The current rate is the same as it was in 2011. If the rates moved in the linear fashion you have predicted, the pound should be worth about 10 cents by now.......

Go easy on him, technically the ski season hasn't started yet.

Actually scratch that, he's talking shite as usual, flame away boys and girls...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nelly0168, @Alastair Pink, @Rabbie, @ansta1,

I will be proven right if UK continues on its current trajectory...
snow report
stanton wrote:

You may be right, although you were nowhere near in the 2016 guess.

The clock in my gym has been stuck at 8.45 for 2 weeks, so it's correct twice a day without even trying.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

'If'. Another cop out like should, could, may etc.
snow report
stanton wrote:

Is this Stanton 17.1? both 16 and 15 proved wrong.
snow report
Lift passes looking expensive. A six day pass at Vald'isere is looking like £42 per day. Perhaps good is everything is open and the weather is OK but perhaps not great value for money if you miss a day or the weather is poor.

At Zermatt a six day pass works out at £50 per day ! You can get a season pass for that at Raise.... and become very fit in the process Very Happy
snow conditions
@Peter S, what you need to know is the price in Euro/Swiss Francs last season and this. And the exchange rate at purchase for both. The former can be stripped out of the debate because that is not by and large affected by Brexit. The exchange rate - which is what dickhead is referring - may be. There are lot of things affect exchange rate. But at least if we only look at exchange rate we are looking at the right thing. If a ski resort puts their lift passes up 5% that will be influenced by other factors (supply and demand, maintenance costs, profits, etc.)
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
Lift passes looking expensive. A six day pass at Vald'isere is looking like £42 per day. Perhaps good is everything is open and the weather is OK but perhaps not great value for money if you miss a day or the weather is poor.

At Zermatt a six day pass works out at £50 per day ! You can get a season pass for that at Raise.... and become very fit in the process Very Happy

That's why I've moved to places like San Martino di Castrozzo, Trentino Dolomites, Italy
6 day pass was 245 euros, £36 per day

Madesimo, Lombardy, Italy was even cheaper
6 day pass was 180 euros, £27 per day

And in January 2015 at Gudauri, Georgia I paid £76.12 for a 10-day pass!

It's gone up since to 240 euros for a 10-day pass (£21.50 per day) and 160 euros for a 6-day pass (£24 per day)

A big increase but still cheap Smile
ski holidays
If my auntie had a pair of bollox......

The vast majority of his posts are fabricated nonsense. What a grade a clunt!
snow report
it's really simple: brexiteers are w*nkers and cu*ts and talk sh*te; of course the price of our hols has gone up; of course that trend will continue. the UK is fu*ked. simple as. if i could get another eu nationality i would. tomorrow.
ski holidays
@janny, Nice response,

Dont let us Brexiteers stop you

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133275#3111708
latest report
http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/864940/Pound-euro-exchange-best-rates-sterling-IMF-Brexit-UK-economy-news-interest
snow report
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy