Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
@Rabbie,
Here in the Yorkshire Dales our local "Dales Dairy" gets its milk form.............. Ireland.

If snowheads are looking to off-set any potential post Brexit price hikes then wait for the TO's to dump late deals on to IgluSki/AlpineAnswers. Booking ahead (unless it is really bargain flights) seems senseless. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have tasted UK milk.. it is low grade not & good compared to Dutch Milk.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So very predictable, @stanton, Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:

Pull the udder one..... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:

This is like the Dutch bacon thread.

No doubt our canals are not as level as yours.

I won't mention the hockey, you probably don't watch girls.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:

Obviously not had any "gold top". Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry but that is pure nonsense and i know my milk!
We have some of the best milk in the world ffs.
The majority of our cows are grass fed , thats why some of our butter products like "kerrygold" are sought after in all corners of the globe!
I drink raw milk from culmore farm , considered to be one of the best farms in the UK.
Sorry but to suggest our milk is "low grade" is utter tripe
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

No doubt our canals are not as level as yours.

well of course. ours go up and over hills. dutch ones naturally don't. they regulate the level by managing the rate at which bikes are thrown in by guys that have drunk too much heineken vs the rate at which the authorities can dredge them out. Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kind of playing out like they said!

https://www.thechaletcompany.com/blog/what-would-a-brexit-mean-for-a-ski-holiday-in-europe/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hawkwind, Stanton just likes getting a rise, he is probably lactose intolerant
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And weedy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little play on words for our little fat Dutch friend
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/KjJlv3SAcAY
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whatever you regard as the cause, go back to 1st. Jan and compare to last week's exchange rates and you'll find that the £ is down 17% against the Swiss Franc and 16% against the €. The £ is about 18% down against the US$ compared to 12 months ago.

If you work for a pro-Brexit newspaper, you can get selective about the time-period you use and produce a headline 20% increase in the £ against the € (over a couple of weeks earlier in the year). But what's hard to ignore, and very worrying is that these numbers show no sign of improving.

My non-expert guess is that with businesses having agreed the usual forward spot prices for currencies, and probably contracted already for the coming winter season, the effect may not be too bad for 2016-17 season, in terms of flights and package accommodation. But obviously, in terms of spending-money and self-service holidays, we may feel the effect much sooner. I don't see these 16%/17% reductions being reversed for anyone organising their winter holiday in the next few months.

And all this is in a situation where basically nothing has happened yet. No 2-Year button pressed. No exit from the EU Trading Zone. No stop to EU subsidies to farmers, manufacturing, development areas and higher education. No stop on our £315m/week payments. Border Force staff still based in Calais. No policy regarding EU migrants already in the UK. No change to EU Free Movement into Britain etc. etc. I won't even begin to speculate about what's going to happen when the PM comes back from her (17% more expensive) Swiss holiday ......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@LaForet,

Precisely. The markets will react to every single word said by the PM & her Brexit Ministry.

The Three Brexit Musketeers could wreck the British Pound & some emergency packages maybe needed by your BoE.
latest report
LaForet wrote:

And all this is in a situation where basically nothing has happened yet. No 2-Year button pressed. No exit from the EU Trading Zone. No stop to EU subsidies to farmers, manufacturing, development areas and higher education. No stop on our £315m/week payments. Border Force staff still based in Calais. No policy regarding EU migrants already in the UK. No change to EU Free Movement into Britain etc. etc. I won't even begin to speculate about what's going to happen when the PM comes back from her (17% more expensive) Swiss holiday ......

Nothing is likely to change until we start getting some concrete proposals.

Whatever those are, things are likely to improve then, since what the markets hate most is uncertainty. They would have to really cock up negotiations to make things much worse.
ski holidays
{things are likely to improve then}

I don't see why. Switzerland took over ten years to negotiate its bilateral agreements with the EU - and the upshot was they had to accept free movement of EU nationals ..... And if we just press the button and drop out quickly, then we're back to generic international tariffs. Plus paying an army of tax and contract consultants from E&Y et al £5K/day because no one in Government actually has a clue how to engineer a Brexit. Of course, this is just one scenario and I daresay the reality will be more mixed: but we were all promised a New Dawn of trading opportunity and border controls and I just don't see it ever coming about.

To go back to the OP question I think that the answer is 'Yes, it will get more expensive and there's every sign, whatever happens with engineering of Brexit terms, that this will continue for a long time.'
snow conditions
LaForet wrote:
{things are likely to improve then}

I don't see why. Switzerland took over ten years to negotiate its bilateral agreements with the EU - and the upshot was they had to accept free movement of EU nationals ..... And if we just press the button and drop out quickly, then we're back to generic international tariffs. Plus paying an army of tax and contract consultants from E&Y et al £5K/day because no one in Government actually has a clue how to engineer a Brexit. Of course, this is just one scenario and I daresay the reality will be more mixed: but we were all promised a New Dawn of trading opportunity and border controls and I just don't see it ever coming about.

That is irrelevant to what I was saying.

I wasn't talking about whether things in general will get better, but more particularly about the £ and the stock markets. And almost any outcome is preferable to uncertainty so far as those are concerned.

I agree with you that overall, it is unlikely that Brexit will be good for the UK, or most British citizens.
ski holidays
The trouble is that it's impossible to be sure - I certainly could be completely wrong. It's all a gamble. What troubles me deeply is that the main political proponents had absolutely no plan whatsoever for what happens next. Not even an outline plan. Other than taking their own personal assets offshore. Really, only time will tell which one of us is right. I'm a pessimist at heart, so I worry that we haven't seen any fallout yet from investment decisions that are in the pipeline. But who knows? Let's come back in six months and see .....
snow report
Things are adding up due to Brexit

New Local Chalet regustrations & hiring local staff
New Passports
Visas
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126783

Falling Pound

New restrictions/insurancr charges on right hand drive cars driven on Contintal roads being discussed in EU.
ski holidays
The full effects of Brexit - good or bad - will not be seen for some time. It will all depend on what terms are eventually negotiated.
snow conditions
Right!
And the others - don't panic! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@stanton, discussed, not agreed.

Do you clean shoes for a living or a rent boy? Just wondering how you get all your ""facts""
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
New restrictions/insurancr charges on right hand drive cars driven on Contintal roads being discussed in EU.

That'll go down well with Eire, I thought the EU wanted free movement within the EU?
snow conditions
Direct ferry will come Toofy Grin or may be over Scotland? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
@Norrin Radd, Fluent in a few languages
and connections in Brussels & Frankfurt, Zurich helps.

The fact remains even now without Art50 invoked.

Wintersports for UK based folks will cost more this season in the EU snd a lot more in the US.

In the event of Brexit then i can ses vast increases
ski holidays
@stanton, I don't doubt your CV, but as (I assume) an intelligent person you seem very easily lead, and believe anything if you see it in a paper or on line. If you spend today having a look at your own posts, are they all right? Some right? I am not talking about your skiing posts.
Your anti Britain posts.
I have seen your skill set list on your tracking web site.
latest report
I have come to conclusion that Stanton is a lowly paid employee of the EU polierati to spread fear and negativity around anything not in line with EU goals.

It's not working unless his bonus is paid purely on post/link counts.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1 wrote:
I have come to conclusion that Stanton is a lowly paid employee of the EU polierati to spread fear and negativity around anything not in line with EU goals.

I wa under the impression from Brexiteers that all EU employees ware overpaid Smile
latest report
@Norrin Radd, Chill man you do not have to reply Very Happy

I predict Surcharges if the Pound falls again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/what-is-a-holiday-surcharge-and-do-i-have-to-pay-it/

http://youtube.com/v/5T94E5BBf14
snow conditions
Rabbie wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

I wa under the impression from Brexiteers that all EU employees ware overpaid Smile

That may be their view, which may or may not be justified, but in general I think most politicians are over compensated for their efforts. Uk, Eu or otherwise.

In terms of Stanton, if he was a paid 'troll', he would be overpaid however low his hourly rate.
snow conditions
@stanton,
Quote:

Fluent in a few languages

The written word ain't so hot though wink
latest report
It's pretty clear Brexit is a terrible thing for the country and for ski holidays, anyone defending it I can only imagined voted for this ludicrous action. Small minded xenophobes and bigots the lot of them.
ski holidays
@Minion1980, how is it pretty clear - have booked up our skiing holiday and price has barely changed from last year Puzzled

For clarity I'm not defending it, just stating my experience, and I voted to remain
ski holidays
Minion1980 wrote:
It's pretty clear Brexit is a terrible thing for the country and for ski holidays, anyone defending it I can only imagined voted for this ludicrous action. Small minded xenophobes and bigots the lot of them.

Quite, but you should go on the Brexit thread to meet some of them.
ski holidays
Swissie wrote:
@stanton,
Quote:

Fluent in a few languages

The written word ain't so hot though wink

Laughing
ski holidays
blahblahblah wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

Quite, but you should go on the Brexit thread to meet some of them.

Doesn't sound like a place I want to be, just like the UK now.
latest report
@Minion1980, I was being tongue in cheek, so probably best you don't.
ski holidays
Minion1980 wrote:

Wow speak freely why don't you - don't worry about offending people.

I for one voted leave - I'm not small minded, a xenophobe or a bigot. I didn't vote leave because I'm racist, nor to shut our borders.

Plenty here know me and would prefer to describe me as a sexist, perverted w@nker. Thats fine, but what they don't do is make sweeping comments that tar all people with the same brush. I don't take offence by your sweeping comment, nor do I see it as someone who doesn't like 'to lose', but some might. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (and their own vote) after all - that does not give you the right to insult others because their opinion is not the same as yours

Plenty of reasons why I voted leave, but my business is improving because of it, my holidays are no more expensive, and should visas / work permits be brought in then thats fine.

You might want to calm down, we've got a long ride ahead as we exit, and your blood pressure might not take it if you carry on Razz
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, I assume you are not meaning the American version of that expression Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy