Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you get back to the lift from Rendl far South (left) ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alas I can't find a piste map to find the name of the lift, but I'll try to describe it as best I can...

If you go to the far end of Rendl and ski just off the left of the blue piste.... it's fairly flat and easy. After a bit of a descent you can see the blue piste crash barriers coming into view again on the right. At this point you can either hop back on the piste or keep going down through a series of valley/dip/gulley things with a few trees in them. I think the one directly under the lift has avalanche barriers in it but the ones to skiers left don't.

There's some lovely off piste in there but every time I had to ski back right to make it to the bottom of the lift. (the intermediate lift, not the one at the bottom of the valley) A couple of times I went too low in search of powder and ended up on a horrendous bushwack. Anyway, my question is....

If I just continued straight (or even better left) down to the bottom of the [immediate valley] then is there an easy way/track to get back up right high enough to get onto the chairlift right at the bottom?. I took that lift a few times from the piste and noted that it's a good 75hm above the river so would be a horrendous slog if you missed the cutover.

If anyone can direct me to a decent online piste map with Rendl detail then I can name lifts.
cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guess you mean off the Riffel 1 lift to end up at the bottom of Maassbahn?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes excellent. I googled those lifts and found a map with decent scale. Exactly that. I was doing laps of Riffel 1 and wishing I could just continue down the off piste and then cut across to Maassbahn.

well.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is doable, although I haven't done it myself so couldn't tell you the route. Like you say though, you do have to be careful that you don't head too low, not much fun if you end up down by the stream and out down that way (although still high enough up to get across to the home run).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
Approaching my annual St Anton trip and was hoping for some more definitive info on getting to the bottom of Maassbahn via the off piste out left.

Anyone have anything to add to Sitter's comments?

cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If I got this right, the answer is that you ski down to the path that's some way above the stream, then traverse right on the path, and then need an easy 10 (15?)-minute hike to get back to the run that feeds into Maasbahn. It's on a path, no bushwhacking - I'll post a pic from my phone in a moment.

I'm not aware of any other route that goes below the Riffel 1 and gets you to Maasbahn without having to walk (could be wrong of course).

Of course, if you cut right early enough you'll get to the bottom of Riffel 1, and from there you can ski down to Maas. Some of those routes heading back to Riffel 1 can get a bit more technical than others.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

This is the path I mentioned:
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy