Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix, GM improvements.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Below is an illustration of the new steps being built at Grand Montets.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Top of GM.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has the new lift at bottom reduced queues? Haven't been there in two or three years. Was appalling queue the last time I was there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@8611, there was rarely an appalling queue for the chairs.

Hard to know as the car park is always somfull we rarely bother with the GMs. Much more fun to be had up Brevent-Fleg.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it was holidays when I was there last, a powder day and the chair was running really slowly and with only two people being allowed on I think. Took an hour to get up the mountain. Worst i've ever experienced anywhere (but had never been that bad there before). I think they were replacing that chair?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The new gondola has almost completely eliminated any queues even powder mornings, peak times, school holidays etc. Longest I waited last season (in about 40 days skiing) was maybe 5 mins.

The chair queues did used to get bad on powder mornings or if you hit the chair just as ski schools were starting.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Couldn't they make a new slide rather than steps......be more fun, maybe put a loop the loop in the middle..... Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:

Hard to know as the car park is always somfull we rarely bother with the GMs. Much more fun to be had up Brevent-Fleg.

Completely agree RE fun. Although you're stuffed for good affordable food at Brevent/Flegere, whilst GM offers a range of not terribly overpriced nice things at the bottom of the cable car (which, of course, can be skied to).

I must say this year I didn't have to wait in any substantial queues for any lifts at GM, even on several true bluebird days in January. The Flegere cable car, in February/March, is simply the worst thing in the world.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy