Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Last night:

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks about ready to crack out the new skis...
snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just a few more centimeters, and then you'll only need about 100 more cm's to get things going!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Getting some snow from mid-mtn on up.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain-info/snow-report#mountain-cams
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few hundred KMs to the east the Banff area is looking rather snowy at the moment
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More coming this weekend, by the sound of it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Possibly 30cm or so with a 1,800m FL for Oct. 24th. Weekend will be mild with weak cold front coming in late Sunday.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Talk of earliest opening for years
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me and my girlfriend are heading out to Whistler in March next year for the first time. Can't wait, getting so excited following the cams and whistler on instagram Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like there will be snow this weekend Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
due to a house move early next year , ski time is at a premium at this year , so pressed the button on a 10 day pre xmas trip to whistler , what are folks experience of conditions at this time of year , will the off piste be skiable any where other than the glacier . early signs are promising Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was pretty much all good to go everywhere last year before Xmas. snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
See last year's whistler snow report where I seem to recall noting that Santa came early! snowHead

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=116935&start=320
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stuarth, cheers, just what i wanted to hear snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just sent daughter off on plane over there today for the season. They get to ski early, testing it, so will be up there skiing in a couple of weeks lucky devil. Will let you know what she says then.
@Dabber, Looks ok high up in the Alpine so as long as they don't get "too much" and have avi issues you will be fine in the top half, though limited cover.
snow report
Dabber wrote:
due to a house move early next year , ski time is at a premium at this year , so pressed the button on a 10 day pre xmas trip to whistler , what are folks experience of conditions at this time of year , will the off piste be skiable any where other than the glacier . early signs are promising Very Happy
I've been in Whistler every year at that time since the 1980s and it comes and goes.

The last couple of years, I just got on the Duffy Lake Road and drove to the better stuff. That doesn't mean that what they have isn't good, just that I'm picky.

No one can really predict that far out. Indications are good. Last year we had the best conditions for a decade in BC. Lots of snow well consolidated with a tiny slide risk. So deep and safe enough to ride it steep. It's just that those conditions weren't on the coast. Wait and see...
ski holidays
It's getting closer.

http://youtube.com/v/2nFZTHQC9Ko&feature=youtu.be
latest report
Toadman wrote:
It's getting closer.

http://youtube.com/v/2nFZTHQC9Ko&feature=youtu.be

Haha nice one! I saw the photos but didn't see the video. So excited for this upcoming season! Fingers crossed for an early opening Very Happy
snow report
Whistler announced opening day for Nov. 23rd. Forecast calls a couple of small storms to come through the PNW over the next 7 days with cool temps. Could see about a meter of snow at the higher elevations.
ski holidays
So they are able to claim they opened early they are going the one day earlier. Touch and go though. Very little snow at Chickpea ! Forecast storm missed them.
Staff are out for a look see on 22nd so may know more then. At least it has gone cold again so the cannons (including all the new ones) are pounding away asap.
snow conditions
Forecast still calling for about 15cm-30cm over next 3 days. But, at least temps are staying cool. With about a 1,000-1,400 meter freezing level.
snow report
Down it comes.
ski holidays
thanksgiving is giving the goods snowHead lots of fresh snow , cold weather and reasonable freezing levels should make for a great start to the season snowHead
latest report
Whistler is just getting buckets of snow. So excited to go there this year!
snow conditions
Some annoying ex colleague of a colleague keeps sending pics of all the pow Smile 3 pow days out of 3 days opened so far apparently. I shall probably skip this weekend due to thanksgiving crowds, but hopefully the snow shall keep up for the following weeks! snowHead
Raining hard and cold in n. Van so probably going to be another good day in whistler tomorrow.
snow report
first two days in whistler have been great , not too much fresh snow , definitely a case of quality over quantity , but so light and dry that in the quieter places still loads of fresh pow lines to be had , snowed lightly all day today and the place is emptying as people leaving early to get back to the city , tomorrow should be epic , got a two day clinic with extremely canadian , so with blue skies forecast and cold fresh snow will be a great start to the week Toofy Grin
can't believe the depth of cover all over the hill , pretty much everything has filled in and the cannons have made the runs home first class , the cold weather is forecast to stay till mid january at least so anyone coming out early season should have a blast snowHead
ski holidays
@Dabber,
There were definitely some knee deep stashes to be found snowHead snowHead
Have fun with Extremely Canadian, should be great conditions for it.
snow conditions
@stuarth, amazing first day , snow in the whistler bowls and off harmony ridge was in great nic , cold soft and deepish , can't wait for tomorrow Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is from Sunday across the valley at Powder Mountain. Colder than normal, which isn't a bad thing. Forecast to warm up a bit I think.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2xABuFUKt/
snow conditions
I don't think the temps are going to go up much if at all over the next week. That polar vortex thing-a-mah-jig is going to be hanging around for a while.
ski holidays
snow cover on blackcomb a little thinner , but soooo good , the glacier runs were ace , and the snow in the couloir extreme and below was in fantastic condition for time of year Very Happy
ski holidays
Some pics and report from Whistler last weekend. Was very good skiing indeed.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/more-early-december-whistler-pow/

I think they are pretty much in full swing there now and the current cold will at least maintain the snowpack. Storms heading in next week hopefully.

We'll be back MLK weekend!
ski holidays
finished off an amazing week in whistler with a day tour out to cowboy ridge on whister mountain , still found knee deep fresh lines a week after the last storm , warming up a little now with a new front coming in so anyone lucky enough to be here for xmas will have a great time Toofy Grin
ski holidays
the wonders of cold and north facing aspects! Sounds like a great week.

Forecast looks super good for this week. Could be a solid metre by midweek. Fine season up there so far! Happy I got 6 free days on my Edge Card and am pre-paid for MLK weekend. Top deal Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Dabber wrote:
finished off an amazing week in whistler with a day tour out to cowboy ridge on whister mountain , still found knee deep fresh lines a week after the last storm , warming up a little now with a new front coming in so anyone lucky enough to be here for xmas will have a great time Toofy Grin

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
In the interior.... 20cm on Saturday night, then another 50cm Sunday night, 4% moisture content. Or "pixie dust" if you like.

Worry about baggage handlers and getting through the airports and traffic. The snow machine is on.
snow conditions
Bloody cold here today, blue skies but one of the coldest days I have skied and I have skied in a lot of places.
snow conditions
@MogulMonkey,
Careful what you wish for... Smile
Potential pineapple express on route for the weekend/next week.
(that said it was _really_ cold again last night on Mt Seymour!)
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
@MogulMonkey,

Forecast for weekend currently just has freezing levels around 9-1100m, so not too pineapple-y. Hope so anyway - we're up for the weekend Cool
snow report
gortonator wrote:
stuarth wrote:
@MogulMonkey,

Forecast for weekend currently just has freezing levels around 9-1100m, so not too pineapple-y. Hope so anyway - we're up for the weekend Cool

Weather definitely has a whiff of pineapple at the moment! Temps up quite a bit, and 100 to 150mm rain forecast for the north shore in the next day or so! Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy