Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do this ski goggle survey and win goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My name is Emanuel and I am a product manager at a young outdoor gear brand named "OutdoorMaster". We are preparing our collection of ski goggles for next winter and I would appreciate input from you about our design.

If you fill out this 5 minutes survey you also have a chance to win a pair. Link to survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2837977/Product-Feedback-Survey

Please also feel free to leave any feedback in this thread. I will check back regularly. Thanks, and see you in the slopes! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only shows part of the graphics on my phone so can't do it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:

Sounds strange! Please try again later once back on your computer. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
completed the survey

I'd add - technical features look good but not sure the aethestics of the strap are good enough - might mean you struggle to price for the quality you are providing?

I like the easy swap lenses idea but I wonder if you should consider maximising on this by offering a package with both low light and sunny lenses. Too often people end up buying a compromise lens which isn't ideal for either and never borrowing with the hassle of finding replacement lenses / switching them in and out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jedster wrote:
completed the survey

I'd add - technical features look good but not sure the aethestics of the strap are good enough - might mean you struggle to price for the quality you are providing?

I like the easy swap lenses idea but I wonder if you should consider maximising on this by offering a package with both low light and sunny lenses. Too often people end up buying a compromise lens which isn't ideal for either and never borrowing with the hassle of finding replacement lenses / switching them in and out.

Thanks a lot for your valuable input!

Yes, the strap design is maybe a bit bland, and this is something we will improve upon for future collections. We want to add patterned straps but are a bit constrained about how many different models we can product this year.

We will definitely consider shipping 2 lenses with all of our goggles. That would be a very nice feature!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
im 100% with jedster on this. i think the frames and lenses look really good but the strap is a total letdown and in my opinion make the whole goggle look cheap. could be worth developing a smaller logo using just the initials of the company or a small logo (like outdoor research and the OR logo)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ewanmalone wrote:
(like outdoor research and the OR logo)

+1 I think a simple "O.R." logo could really pop. Invest in the strap. They are so much more visible these days with the current helmet revolution!

The inclusion of a high light and a low light lens could turn me into one of your first customers...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
letsgetpiste wrote:
ewanmalone wrote:

+1 I think a simple "O.R." logo could really pop. Invest in the strap. They are so much more visible these days with the current helmet revolution!

The inclusion of a high light and a low light lens could turn me into one of your first customers...

+1.
these look very good value, given the features you offer. however, the strap is currently a let down.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i love the magnetic lense feature, very clever. not sure i quite get all the negativity about the strap. it didn't offend me too much.

i think the colour of the strap was what i questioned. i liked the dark colours and the bright colours but not the reds and blues.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowboardEmanuel wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Er no..... make it easy for me. I won't be on a computer till the end of the week and it's not a priority for me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

I'm guessing English isn't the first language of your graphic artist.
"The lens is attached to the frame..." or "Lenses are attached..."
"The magnets allow for a secure fit..."
"Small cut-out in the frame allows these goggles to fit over..."
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe I missed it, but couldn't see a price, to answer the price comparison question.

I didn't like any of the colour combinations - the two tone straps are pretty horrible. I'd be happy with either a black or a white strap.

I agree strongly that shipping the low light and sunny lenses with the goggles would make it a much more attractive proposition.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are you actually designing them yourself or are you buying Chinese made generic product from a catalogue? - seem to be a lot of goggle brands popping up now and it seems crazy if they are all designing from scratch.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:

I'm also on my phone atm and can only view the web page partially.
Not sure if the VLT values are provided for each lens but, since no-one else has mentioned any, I assume they aren't?

To most people on here they would come first, aesthetics of the lens would come second, so it would be helpful if you provided them as well.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Done
latest report
pam w wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but couldn't see a price, to answer the price comparison question.

Me neither. But I didn't do the survey anyway as they wouldn't fit my teeny, tiny face!

Am I the only person who doesn't actually give a stuff what colour the strap is? I want a really comfortable face fit and a top quality lens which does what it says on the tin, (for either for bright sun or flat light), and doesn't scratch at at slightest scrape. And yes, if one of the selling points is the fact that lens change is easy, include two lenses in the package. And let the buyer choose which two.
latest report
admin wrote:

Not that I want to correct the boss, but it actually says 'fot' Razz
ski holidays
Hence my correction - see?
ski holidays
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
admin wrote:

Not that I want to correct the boss, but it actually says 'fot' Razz

He was using his post to correct the errors they had! NehNeh NehNeh snowHead
latest report
admin wrote:
Hence my correction - see?

Damn you admin
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
SnowboardEmanuel wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Er no..... make it easy for me. I won't be on a computer till the end of the week and it's not a priority for me.

Sorry for the trouble, but technical issues such as this are out our hands, since we are using a 3rd party survey software for this survey. I can only suggest to try again using your phone later, or try another unit and/or internet connection.
snow conditions
ewanmalone wrote:
im 100% with jedster on this. i think the frames and lenses look really good but the strap is a total letdown and in my opinion make the whole goggle look cheap. could be worth developing a smaller logo using just the initials of the company or a small logo (like outdoor research and the OR logo)

Thanks a lot for your input! We are listening and will def reevaluate our strap design for future collections (and hopefully for this upcoming winter too if there's enough time).
ski holidays
letsgetpiste wrote:
ewanmalone wrote:

Good point about the current helmet trend.

I will do my best to push for 2 lenses.
ski holidays
jellemr wrote:
these look very good value, given the features you offer. however, the strap is currently a let down.

Thank you for the feedback. I am taking notes of all your comments. Smile
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

I didn't like any of the colour combinations - the two tone straps are pretty horrible. I'd be happy with either a black or a white strap.

I agree strongly that shipping the low light and sunny lenses with the goggles would make it a much more attractive proposition.

Thank you for your comment!

We didn't include the price, so you didn't miss anything. The question is meant to be answered based on how you FEEL they are priced (but I have heard many people say they didn't quite understand that question, so we will definitely change this question in the future).

And again, we are listening to your complaints about the strap design, and will evaluate the possibility of including two lenses with the goggles.
latest report
snowglider wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I'm also on my phone atm and can only view the web page partially.
Not sure if the VLT values are provided for each lens but, since no-one else has mentioned any, I assume they aren't?

To most people on here they would come first, aesthetics of the lens would come second, so it would be helpful if you provided them as well.

Sorry to hear about the problems viewing the survey on your phone. There seem to be some problem with the 3rd party survey software that we use. I hope you can check back later and that the survey will be fully functional by then.

We did not show the VLT in this survey, since we are currently mostly interested in feedback on the color combinations. However, we will be selling lenses with different VLT values, that's for sure. Smile
latest report
admin wrote:

I'm guessing English isn't the first language of your graphic artist.
"The lens is attached to the frame..." or "Lenses are attached..."
"Small cut-out in the frame allows these goggles to fit over..."

You got me!

The graphic was made by me and my native language is Swedish. Smile

I will do my homework and make sure to change the graphics, thank you!
snow report
maggi wrote:
Am I the only person who doesn't actually give a stuff what colour the strap is? I want a really comfortable face fit and a top quality lens which does what it says on the tin, (for either for bright sun or flat light), and doesn't scratch at at slightest scrape.

And yes, if one of the selling points is the fact that lens change is easy, include two lenses in the package. And let the buyer choose which two.

We will also have a smaller model with a fixed lens that should fit people with smaller faces. Smile

Good point about including two lenses. I will see what we can do!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you all for your feedback! I am really happy to see so many constructive replies to this thread.
snow report
@SnowboardEmanuel, I found some of the colour combination quite nice, especially the blue.

I like the magnetic idea. I couldn't see much detail but if the magnets were in channels so that the lenses were pulled into place when placed over the frame that would be really good. An example would be the Apple Mac or Microsoft Surface power cables.

admin's point is really important but I'm sure you'll have everything properly proof read. And your English is way better than my Swedish. But we could have a fun discussion about whether these are lenses, plural, because they cover both eyes or whether it is a lens, singular, because it is a single sheet of glass. Indeed, are they goggles or a goggle? Confused Very Happy
latest report
henzerani wrote:
@SnowboardEmanuel, I found some of the colour combination quite nice, especially the blue.

I like the magnetic idea. I couldn't see much detail but if the magnets were in channels so that the lenses were pulled into place when placed over the frame that would be really good. An example would be the Apple Mac or Microsoft Surface power cables.

admin's point is really important but I'm sure you'll have everything properly proof read. And your English is way better than my Swedish. But we could have a fun discussion about whether these are lenses, plural, because they cover both eyes or whether it is a lens, singular, because it is a single sheet of glass. Indeed, are they goggles or a goggle? Confused Very Happy

Thanks!

There are 8 strong magnets placed around the lens which means that the lens just "clicks" into place. It is impossible (or at least very, very difficult) to misplace the lens on the frame.

Swedish is actually a very easy language to learn. You can just watch the Muppet character "The Swedish chef" and learn from him. Laughing
latest report
I completed the survey - I largely agree with the comments already made. Whilst the strap could be enhanced, I wouldn't worry too much, especially with black strap (i'm not keen on some of the other colour combos) Shipping with 2 lens would be essential to me unless you sell these as 100% pick and mix i.e
Pick your Frame
Pick your Strap
Pick your Lens(s)

But I suspect stock order management would be a nightmare for 100% pick and mix.
snow report
Hmm - given you didn't answer my question about whether this is your own design I have my suspicions. Done the survey BTW but as far as I can see its just an attempt to see what variants of a single style of goggle you should have produced. The problem on visual appeal is the strap - having what looks like a fairly obvious "no name brand" with no design flair actually reduces appeal. As others have said for goggles its really about 2 things: Helmet fit/compatibility and lens colour for the right conditions. Plus face fit for the smaller faced/flatter noses. Then there is is the fashion element where at the moment you fail.

Anyone interested in magnetic lens ski goggles have a bit of a peak behind the curtain here

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/magnet-ski-goggles.html

Hey we could even order our own batch of Snowheads goggles
snow report
I filled in the survey - the key point to me is the low light lens as i prefer glasses when the snow is out.
ski holidays
While it seems a bit cool to have a 'magnetic lens' it's just as pointless as any other interchangeable lens system if there are no replacement lenses available. One tends to assume that because it is 'replaceable', it can be replaced. However, I've had goggles from pretty well-known brands that supposedly had interchangeable lenses and yet, barely 12 months after leaving the shop, no lens could be found for them anywhere in Europe.

Conversely, SharkyMark made me buy some Scott LCG goggles off him this season, for which I was able to find additional lenses pretty easily. Further, when one of them proved rather too quick to mist up at the EoSB, MarkScott replaced it with a minimum of fuss.
snow report
@admin, I haven't experienced any problems buying lenses for my Oakley Airbrakes.
snow conditions
One would hope not @RichClark. Looking at that page @Dave of the Marmottes linked to on Alibaba though, I can't imagine replacement lenses for any of those would be particularly easy to come by - if they exist at all - so it rather makes the whole magnetism thing superfluous unless U faceplant into a pile of iron filings when it would become wondrous science for the under 10's.
snow report
SnowboardEmanuel wrote:
.......There are 8 strong magnets placed around the lens.....

SnowboardEmanuel I hope those magnets won't screw with a transceiver signal?
snow conditions
I've always maintained that there is only one type of brand you should buy goggles from and that is eyewear manufacturers. They are the only people who have the capacity to produce lenses in-house and who also have the prerequisite knowledge for the optical side of the product as well as the functional side. Whatever fancy gimmicks the goggles include, if the UV protection is insufficient or they give you eye strain, your eyes will suffer as a result.

As Admin points out, there is also the availability of replacement lenses. Smaller companies will not have enough produced to maintain stock once the product line is discontinued. And that is if there is any stock to begin with.

On the subject of product lines, companies who buy a box of a thousand items from China will discontinue existing lines and start new ones more frequently than big manufacturers, because the supplier they're buying from will change their product lines at will and the end-product companies have to deal with it. There will be minor changes between batches of existing lines too, but if one such change is in the shape or size of the frame, that minor change could essentially prevent a 3rd-batch lens fitting on a first-batch frame, even within the same model.

If these are not being produced in-house, and are being sourced externally - it would be good to hear from @SnowboardEmanuel about what QC procedures are in place and what independent testing is done at his end, to ensure the product being supplied is as-specified and meets statutory regulations. The Far Eastern manufacturers are well known for their tendency to produce a high quality product for the prototype, then cheap out on components once the big order comes in.

Like DOTM, I would be interested to hear a bit more about how you are intending to manufacture and supply these goggles, before I give up my time to produce your market research.
snow conditions
Hi all,

A while back, some of you took part in our Ski Goggle design survey, and we want to say thank you and give you a brief update. We received hundreds of answers that we immediately took into consideration and tweaked our design.

After many of you criticized our original strap design, we eventually came up with a completely new strap, that look a lot less "underweary" that we hope you will like.

You can checkout the final result over at our special goggle website: http://goggles.outdoormaster.com (admin, please feel free to remove this link if you regard it as advertisement).

Those of you that took the survey should have received an email with a special coupon code that allows you to get the goggles for just $29.99. For people who didn't take the survey, you can also get the special discount by going to our website and click the share button at the bottom of the page.

We have partnered with a very large and well reputable manufacturer that also manufacture many of the big brands' goggles as well, so I am very confident in the quality of our goggles. If you purchase a a pair and for any reason don't feel happy about them, we have a very generous return policy (as do most sellers on Amazon), and you can feel free to email me at emanuel@outdoormaster.com and I will help you return them and give you a full refund.

Thanks again all, and if you have any question you can reply this message as I am subscribing to updates on this thread.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy