Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal, Switzerland in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been browsing a few websites to try and get some rough costings for next years ski holiday, and DIY vs tour op etc. One thing I've found is that Crystal appear to have no holidays to Switzerland at all for April, from any departure point, you just can't select any departure date beyond March.
Anyone know of this is a glitch in their software/website? The first week of April isn't school holidays so I find it hard to imagine it's all sold out. And it can't be the flights as you can still book to French/Austrian resorts that I imagine use the same airport. All a bit odd. I don't believe they'd choose not to offer a popular holiday week. Should I let them know and if so who?

Do you think they'd be so grateful to me pointing out the error they'd give us a free holiday as a thank you??? Worth a try.

I case anyone's interested our shortlist of fairly high, snow sure resorts for the first week of April for a family with an enthusiastic 6yr is so far Val Thorens, Espase Killy, Saas Fee or Zermatt. Maybe there's some big reason why we should avoid Switzerland that no ones told us!!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably economics? The cost of having the staff in resort vs the dropping numbers booking holidays. They just pick a limited number.

We have booked April 16 in Val d'Isere for us (with what will be 10 & 7 yr olds).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@TommyJ, I know they are operating too Engelberg next year, they might keep staff there later. Also Easter is April 20th next year so I would be suprised if they did not have reps in most resorts until the end of April
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easter sunday is 16th April
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's what I thought. I can't believe they've decided to offer no holidays at all to Switzerland over April this year. So perhaps a web/tech problem. Everyone else is offering Switzerland until at least mid April.

Luckily for us Easter is late-ish but our school holiday includes the first week of April which is a fair bit cheaper.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@TommyJ, Zermatt is very easy to arrange yourself with flights to Geneva or Zurich then train to Zermatt from the airport
with one change at Visp, for accommodation check the tourist boards website http://www.zermatt.ch/en/, there is a town map on the site so you can check where any accommodation is located.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had it confirmed from Crystal that they are not offering any holidays to Switzerland beyond March 25th. Seems a bit odd when at least Saas Fee and Zermatt are promoted as high resorts ideal for late season. Presumably its just not worth their while for the return

So we will still look at options for those, either DIY or another tour op
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy