Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for North East based ski buddy for poss trip mid/late Jan 17

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking for a ski buddy for a possible 1 week ski trip in mid to late January 2017. I have several trips with my wife, but unfortunately she can't get enough holiday from work to fit in all the trips I like to do.
I'm late 50s, but young at heart, fairly good skier (Reds/blacks no problem, although I hate moguls!). I like a few beers, but I can't party all night anymore.
I prefer to fly from Newcastle as flying from other airports adds time and cost.
Interested buddies would need to be male really as I don't think my wife would be too happy if I were sharing accom with another lady!
That said, if there were several interested parties and group accom was an option then that could work.
Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
DougR
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, Why don't you book yourself on to The Snowheads Pre Birthday bash week? It's very good value & probably won't be your last bash! You will be allocated a room with another male & lots of like minded people to ski with. I went last year & the hotel was great, the resort was good for a weeks skiing. You can upgrade the ski pass to ski the whole of Dolomiti Superski.
You just book your own flights & get the organised transfer or hire a car.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Doug. Where do you like to ski? Done any off-piste? I usually go to Chamonix from NCL in January.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm with @Northerngeezer. 50 bodies to ski and drink with. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Northerngeezer wrote:
Hi, Why don't you book yourself on to The Snowheads Pre Birthday bash week? It's very good value & probably won't be your last bash! You will be allocated a room with another male & lots of like minded people to ski with. I went last year & the hotel was great, the resort was good for a weeks skiing. You can upgrade the ski pass to ski the whole of Dolomiti Superski.
You just book your own flights & get the organised transfer or hire a car.

Thanks. I will have to check that one out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andrewchalmers wrote:
Hi Doug. Where do you like to ski? Done any off-piste? I usually go to Chamonix from NCL in January.

Hi Andrew, I have mainly skied Austria, but have also been to Italy (Cervinia, Sestrierre) and have been to Morzine in France. I don't do off piste and the skis I have are more suited to piste carving.
I have mostly used CrystalSki to book trips as I have found it is almost impossible to do it cheaper yourself, especially from Newcastle as destinations are somewhat limited, but I would think if there are a few people to share transfer or hire car costs then it would bring costs down.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DougR, we've flown to Venice for the Birthday Bash from Newcastle via Amsterdam. not expensive and no long waits in Schipol.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DougR, flight to salzburg then huber taxis do a minibus shuttle to Flachau that you can buy a seat on for €52 return. There will be similar services and prices at other ski amade resorts. That said a bash is the way to go here
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Doug

I am in a similar position to you, previously went with son who is now working abroad and wife not interested in skiing.

For the past 2 years have been to Bulgaria. Left it to the last minute to see where the snow is. They only charge about £70-80 for me to have a double room to myself. Last year was in Bansko and went skiing with a group from Newcastle and they flew direct from there.

Might be an option.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Doug,
We have a group of mixed ability skiers actually mainly cricketers skiing in Paradiski the last week in Jan 2017 . price as part of the group is only £65 per night .. maybe this is of help to you, all info is available on www.jemski.com or email me directly..
Hope that helps
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Doug Singlesport will be in the Dolomites on 14 Jan & Courchevel on 21 Jan. We have lots of skiers your age whose partners don't ski who enjoy good company on & off the piste. Come & join us.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy