Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bladder for mammut nirvana pro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
picked a mammut nirvana pro backpack in the sales and after a few trudges to work it seems pretty comfy, however the pocket for the hydration bladder seems much longer and narrower than any other bladder I've seen/used.
anyone got one? what bladder fits?

thanks, mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not got one myself as use Geigerrig in widepack version for ease of cleaning, but most do long narrow in 1, 2 or 3 litre sizes.

Two examples.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geiger-Rig-Hydration-Engine-Litres/dp/B005FVMUHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465927461&sr=8-1&keywords=geigerrig+hydration+engine&tag=amz07b-21

http://www.rockrun.com/platypus-hoser-2-litre?gclid=CKanyZCNqM0CFfYy0wodgycJQw
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks speed098
The pocket is really narrow - I think that the platypus one might fit but the rigid plastic closing bit at the top of the geiger one would definitely stop the bladder fitting

the pocket is a bizarre shape really - definitely a narrower bladder pocket/space than in any other bag I've ever had (sounds like a medical condition now ! Smile )
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry did not get back sooner I would suggest do an online search for stockists in your area and take the sack with you and try the bladder inside.
Remember there are also the Camelbak and source bladders with a normal round screw cap and it is worth buying one from the four I have mentioned as they do take more abuse than cheaper ones even from the likes of Karrimor or Berghaus ( had Karrimor leak in bag but thankfully I always but camera gear in a dry bag for additional protection ).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another option you can buy bladder sleeves normally neoprene or a very minimalist sack designed for runners/cyclists and put them in the main compartment of your Mammut sack thus protecting the bladder from other items.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks - think i will look into getting a platypus one....Ive had a few camelback ones go....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Mike. Wondering if the Platypus hydration bladder fit inside your Mammut rucksack? I've just bought the same rucksack and am having the same issue trying to find a hydration bladder that fits inside the pocket. Thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the 25l version - can just about fit a 1l platypus in provided it's only about 3/4 full. Slightly daft design feature of what's turning out to be a good bag
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy