Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Broad Gully on Stob Coire nan Lochan in?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Might be up in Scotland next week with the family, and was thinking it might be an opportunity to fulfill a 20 year ambition and have a crack at Broad Gully in Glen Coe. The White Corries webcams stick look quite snowy but looking at Ben Nevis shows very little snow.

Anyone care to comment on whether the snow line in Coire nan Lochan is likely to be down to the coire floor? Or at least far enough down to make it worthwile..

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Post it in the Scotland thread.

A few locals post there:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121597&start=400
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ask on the British Backcountry Facebook page.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This might be of interest:-

http://youtube.com/v/3XJW12DkWZ0&feature=share

Quote:
With seventeen skiers (and one snowboarder) staying in the CIC Hut, the North Face of The Ben was always going to be a spectacle this weekend. In no way did it disappoint.

Despite a miserable forecast, good early conditions on day 1 lured the group out of the comfort of the hut to begin the troop up to Coire na Ciste. Optimistically we believed we'd somehow lucked out on the weather front. This optimism was of course to be short-lived, and sure enough, within 10 minutes monsoon season arrived on The Ben. For a full hour, the weather put in its best efforts to wreck the day, however it didn't contend with the gritty never-say-die attitude that you develop from regular skiing in Scotland. Undeterred, the group pressed on and the first day saw descents of No.3, No.4 and No.5 gullies in great spring conditions. To round the day off, 14 of the group gathered at the top of Tower Gully, the longest complete descent on the mountain, with an intimidating no-fall zone in the upper section. To the total astonishment of a crowd of walkers which had gathered to watch from the summit, the 14 of us then set off in a mass descent of the gully, an incredible sight on britain's highest mountain.

Day two saw further descents of the main gullies, including the much sought after No.2 Gully, whilst myself and Blair Aitken went after our first ever 'Tower Double'. Carrying skis on our back we ascended the 600m Tower Ridge which leads almost all the way from the hut to the summit. Mixed conditions on the way up added to the challenge, with a combination of rain and snow during the day turning the rock greasy and slippy. Despite taking a couple of unintentional variations to the guidebook line up the ridge, we made it to the summit plateau in decent shape, before completing the double with a lap down Tower Gully. Couldn't have asked for a better way to wrap up this season, a big thanks to Blair for organising.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Britishbackcountry/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gaza, I liked the bit when he calls over "lean in a bit and make it look steep!"

Steep?!

That WAS steep!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rungsp, indeed. That was my thought. I suspect there was a bit of wee wee taking going on. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I know a few of them and they are a bit mad. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
@Gaza, I liked the bit when he calls over "lean in a bit and make it look steep!"

Steep?!

That WAS steep!

PSML Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
"We're just waiting for Hamish to climb out of a hole..."
or,
"Is this the blue run?"

Corbett's Couloir, eat your heart out.
Awesome video Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy