Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchdorf

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Crystalski sat they no longer offer Kirchdorf. Does anyone know if any other tour operators go there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In case no-one comes up with more direct information, maybe you could try calling the local tourism office. I imagine they might know which tour operators are active locally. Their number is on this web site: http://www.kitzbueheler-alpen.com/en/st-johann/a-holiday-in-the-towns-of-st-johann-in-tirol-oberndorf-kirchdorf-erpfendorf-holidays-in-tirol.html .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PORTMAN wrote:
Crystalski sat they no longer offer Kirchdorf. Does anyone know if any other tour operators go there?

I suspect it has become less attractive since Fieberbrunn left the Schneewinkel area, so they were finding bookings down significantly this year.

St Johann is much better because of its central location meaning you have immediate free access to several other areas with the Kitzalps pass, but from Kirchdorf you have to go via St Johann.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PORTMAN,
Is there a particular reason you want to stay in Kirchdorf?
There are really only nursery slopes there served by 3 lifts. They are very low and the snow conditions are often marginal.

I agree with @alex_heney, that St Johann is a better bet, or even Waidring just up the road if you want the small village feel.

I think it will be hard on the businesses in Kirchdorf as there seems to be a lot of Brits who stay there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am a senior skier and like the easier slopes, my wife no longer enjoys skiing so I go on my own and book into the ski school. There is usually someone I know as many people use the ski school in Kirchdorf for a bit of instruction with ski guiding. .My main problem is the transfer from the airport to resort as it is a bit expensive for one. At my age friends have long since given up skiing or are still hammering the last out of their knees on the blacks. Top Deck go there but its an 18 - 30 group so no chance there. As for the lack of skiing in Kirchdorf I go to the Steinplatte or St Johann
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PORTMAN, there are 3 very knowledgeable snowHeads when it comes to the Kirchdorf region : Espri and John Barr who both live locally all year round, and another called "Java" who owns ( used to) an apartment in Kirchdorf itself
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If your meaning me( I searched for a snowhead called Java and couldn't find one) I have a place in Kirchberg not Kirchdorf. With JB and Eric living in or near St Johann, they are definately your men.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jafa, sorry, unfortunately I'm fighting a brain tumour at the moment (worst April Fool's day joke ever but that's when I got the diagnosis 😱😭. Sadly it has taken nearly all my sight (may be get better but my doctors won't say only one way or the other. I have iPad about 2 centimetres in front om nose and have tap out messages letter by letter, but I can't alway see every word
We have had some very amusing typos, especially when I'm switching between French, German and English and forget to set the default language back English UK!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PORTMAN wrote:
I am a senior skier and like the easier slopes, my wife no longer enjoys skiing so I go on my own and book into the ski school. There is usually someone I know as many people use the ski school in Kirchdorf for a bit of instruction with ski guiding. .My main problem is the transfer from the airport to resort as it is a bit expensive for one. At my age friends have long since given up skiing or are still hammering the last out of their knees on the blacks. Top Deck go there but its an 18 - 30 group so no chance there. As for the lack of skiing in Kirchdorf I go to the Steinplatte or St Johann

if you want to try somewhere different but which ticks most of your boxes then I'd recommend you have a look at - http://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/colfosco/

it's in the Dolomites so scenery/food/wine is fabulous
the group is definitely mature - mostly 50-80 last time around
the local slopes are pretty straightforward/flattering, but there's some more interesting stuff a little further afield and you won't get bored within a week. I've done some 7 weeks in the dollies in the last 4 years and on my last trip found at least two new pistes..
they have superb leaders to guide you round the mountain in different streams depending on how you ski or want to ski on the day. The top two guys are BASI Level 4 and the others wont' be far off. It's more guiding than instruction but they'll happily dispense a few tips
You've got others to ski with. stop for lunch with, dinner with, apres with, but you're welcome to join in as much as you want
You fly to venice so there should be a range of flight options, from wherever you are
they sort out the transfers (in my case that involved divert to alternative smaller coaches/routes and finding the tiniest pass still open when the rest were snowmaggeddon't out)

It truly is a great trip - ok so I sound like a fan and yep that's what I am - I have no commercial relationship with them at all
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy