Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski the whole 2017 season in Switzerland for Free

Poster: A snowHead
We are a private family of 4 living in Switzerland,
We would like to find a couple of helpful volunteers to help look after it (and us) for the winter season.

Simply speaking, that means helping out on weekends and in turn getting the rest of the week for yourselves to ski or enjoy the Swiss winter..

This is not a job! we want help you enjoy the season as much we do, we want you to have as much free time to ski in the week and help us make the most of our free time on the weekend by helping out with household chores.

What does that mean?
Typically we would arrive most weekends on a Friday night, and leave Sunday evening.
Of course there are some chores we would expect you to help out with.
Shopping, Plenty of cooking, some cleaning up after the Weekend,

You are expected to be competent skiers.
Ski teaching some of our guests if you are up to it can be rewarding

Ski teaching our kids ? You can try - they have skied every weekend since age 3

See for yourself , Good Luck!

There isn't that much to do, we generally don't trash our own place and our kids are tidy, there is not a new set of guests every Saturday.
Even on the busiest weekends mostly there is time enough for everyone to get on the slope - sometimes together - sometimes not.

In the week do what you like. Ski passes included, and generally you are invited to join us for meals if you wish.
Getting here and what you consume in your own time is up to you.
Occasionally we may have house guests, and school holidays mean we would stay for longer periods which is an extra work load, but not a disaster but always more fun

So if you want to get a free ski season, just send me a message.

If you have questions please post them here so that everyone benefits
I hope again we can help some snow heads to get more snow-time and they do the same for us in return

Best of luck to the usual naysayers
Nixmap

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-05-16 22:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nixmap, good to see you back.

To those who've not seen nixmap's previous annual 'ad' please do a search before posting as it'd be nice not to have another 30 pages of the same old pros/cons/legals etc rolling eyes Toofy Grin

The kids are looking smooooth Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But I wish he'd spell it right. Not another 6 months of Switzeraland, please.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
@nixmap, good to see you back.

To those who've not see nixmap's previous annual 'ad' please do a search before posting as it'd be nice not to have another 30 pages of the same old pros/cons/legals etc rolling eyes Toofy Grin

You think? I am willing to bet that some will beg to differ. Otherwise it just would not be snowheads. snowHead

By the way THIS IS NOT AN AD ! Its a cordial invitation to like minded snowheads.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 19-05-16 22:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
But I wish he'd spell it right. Not another 6 months of Switzeraland, please.
Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah feckit, after this season rolling eyes pencil me in for 18 Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque wrote:
Ah feckit, after this season rolling eyes pencil me in for 18 Twisted Evil

The mean you will be a couple by then...? Fascinating, I had no idea, best regards to Ms Masque.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nixmap, thanks for editing the thread title. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome back @nixmap, Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No! But 18 months may be long enough to find a colleague who won't beat me to death with an avalanche shovel in the first week . . . perhaps I'm being too optimistic Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nixmap, great to see you start the thread early this year. Also, tellingly, that you are looking for competent skiers. Bad experience last year?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nixmap, welcome back. Nice video of the family snowHead
Good luck with your search...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nixmap, Welcome back Smile

I know of a young couple who have already worked a season and 'can ski'. How would you define 'competent skiers'?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corked 540s rather than basic Iron Crosses.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
would be out there like a shot if I could persuade the wife (we are an ex seasonaire couple),
but we would be appearing on the Jeremy kyle show by next summer, as the parents who abandoned their 2 kids at home alone for 4 months, swings and roundabouts!!!! decisions decisions!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Yeah!!!!!!

Open the popcorn.
ski holidays
Tick tock wink
latest report
Aaaaaaah - some year I hope to be in a position to apply for this, it always sounds amazing. Good luck finding some great people for this winter.
latest report
I'd be tempted do it myself if I wasn't so busy skiing all the blimmin time rolling eyes

I would really love to hear from some of @nixmap's past victims employees slaves oh I don't know what to call them...
I wonder whether @nixmap must have a basement-full of snowHeads by now as we've not heard from any of them since.
snow report
I read about this last year.
Wont be able to put the name forward this year but will contribute a question Smile

If successful could the couple bring a son/daughter for a few days whilst there?

Seriously interesting offer , would love to visit Verbier nevermind spend a season skiing and living in a lodge!
snow report
@hawkwind,
Quote:

Verbier

I thought the chalet was in German-speaking Switzerland. Confused
latest report
admin wrote:
I'd be tempted do it myself if I wasn't so busy skiing all the blimmin time rolling eyes

I would really love to hear from some of @nixmap's past victims employees slaves oh I don't know what to call them...
I wonder whether @nixmap must have a basement-full of snowHeads by now as we've not heard from any of them since.

Maybe Stanton could volunteer.
snow report
sequoiaboard wrote:
@nixmap, Welcome back Smile

I know of a young couple who have already worked a season and 'can ski'. How would you define 'competent skiers'?

My kids wont have to dig them out of the powder
latest report
Norrin Radd wrote:
admin wrote:

Volunteer is the right word
snow conditions
Quote:

ah so Switzerland is just a bluff, and actually it's Austria Wink

just checking in here, since I've been flying under the radar this season, as evidence that I've not been locked in a basement.

Quote:

I'd second that Wink
ski holidays
admin wrote:

I would really love to hear from some of @nixmap's past victims employees slaves

I think you did hear from them in previous threads - nobody noticed

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 21-05-16 3:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
hawkwind wrote:
If successful could the couple bring a son/daughter for a few days whilst there?!

I think one couple decided to make one out there instead of bringing one.

Depends on the couple. Its happened before but we went away for a holiday.

N
latest report
Oh I missed this thread, Nice offer as always nixmap,

I think I ill get my popcorn at at the ready and watch the "slave labour" questions roll in Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kiteman69, nope, I'm done and after this winter I'll take whatever snow time I can get rolling eyes What I need to do now is find a nice quiet granny to drag along, who doesn't ski and likes to cook and clean. . . Craigslist or Tinder?
ski holidays
I've followed this for a few years - looking forward to the chat this year. @nixmap, the kids are looking great.

I love the image of a basement full of Snowheads, like the Monty Python milkmen sketch if you are old enough to remember...
ski holidays
I never realised @nixmap was blonde...

http://youtube.com/v/s4nSt0q_Jfo
snow conditions
FECK Me (not many volunteers then! ) .. this site does my head in terms of incredulity !

Lets be frank -- if you've made enough wallah to buy un/ein chateau/chatel near Gstaad , you don't need to save the last penny. However generating interest is A1 cool .. respect to NIX.

SEVERAL folks like Pam have twigged loads of 'characters' but this one may be genuine .. where is whiteshoite when you need him ?
ski holidays
@Agenterre, all I ever said was that it wasn't "free" it was in return for an unspecified number of man hours of work. I like accuracy. wink
latest report
Masque wrote:
@kiteman69, nope, I'm done and after this winter I'll take whatever snow time I can get rolling eyes What I need to do now is find a nice quiet granny to drag along, who doesn't ski and likes to cook and clean. . . Craigslist or Tinder?

Reddit, for the more mature.
snow report
Or if you are over 50 sagadating.co.uk
snow conditions
Quote:

a nice quiet granny to drag along, who doesn't ski and likes to cook and clean

Hmmm. Nice: hope so. Quiet: err, not particularly. Granny: well, great aunt anyway. Doesn't ski: yes I do, but not to standard of jnr nixmaps, so wouldn't ski with them. Likes to cook: yes. Likes to clean: yes, and very good at it.

Tempted, but probably not enough to junk other plans.
latest report
@Norrin Radd, I read that as saggydating.co.uk!
snow report
@Hurtle, you're tempted to be dragged along anywhere by Masque? Are you drunk? Shocked
snow conditions
@maggi, yes, agreed, that bit ain't so good! Shocked Laughing
latest report
@Agenterre, Whiteshoite is alive and annoying the feck out of everyone
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy