Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Lord v Salomon/ Atomic Warden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone had any experience with Marker Lord SP or Atomic/ Salomon Warden bindings? I'm looking to get a pair to use with Scarpa Maestrale RS for use off the lifts (I ski dynafit otherwise). I've read about the possible need to grind some sole off to get the boots' rockered sole to fit the Lord bindings. Interested if there are any pros/ cons for either choice - reliability, ease of use etc.

Thanks for any feedback

cheerio
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Inboard, I bought Atomic Wardens 'cos I found them cheaper than the others.

They work very well with my Cochise Pro Lights. Not much more to say Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes boots with a heavily rockered sole might need a slight fettle - my Mercury/Vulcans do so your RS's probably would too - although it's only a tad so it's not really an issue, especially if you have a belt sander or dremel to hand.

Biggest issue with the Lord is its Jester heel which runs a lot of forward pressure so even with a clean boot it's a biatch to click in to in soft snow with all but the lightest of din settings. For that reason I'd go Warden. Can't remember if the 1st gen Wardens were WTR only like the Guardian but if they were then you'll need the later variant.

Or, if you're dual mounting, you'll need the one that gives you the best hole seperation.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @clarky999 and @spyderjon, that's really helpful feedback. No plans for dual mounting at present, so it's nice and simple. And, coz epictvshop have a rather good sale on, nice and cheap too Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Inboard, I've got the Market Lord SP's which I bought the year they came out. Although they were supposed to be designed to accommodate heavily rockered boots, they only have minimal adjustment and were at about their limit with lightly rockered Tecnica Cochise Pro Lights I had at the time.

If I was buying Alpine bindings now, I would go with the Salomon Warden's, which I believe are easier to adjust and offer a greater range.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 19-05-16 20:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @PowderAdict, that's really useful to know.

Have just ordered the Wardens. Only need the skis for them now!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy