Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Ah, yes that is a fair point.
But I love to explore. I loved the large expanses of places like Portes du Soleil, Trois Valles, Dolomiti, Verbier and
now the Arlberg.
And to explore that while skiing is joy.
Of course ski can mean different things to different people.
A good friend of mine loves to find the perfectly challenging run and repeat and thus ascend into nirvana.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kvgrazier, It has always been a large area you just haf to take the free bus.

So lomg as thr carpet skiers are playing follow the leader on the Run of Fame or Weisse Rausch it keeps them away from the Arlbergs best terrain
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The blue bus used to be fine ime - know your timings and get there early - be organised and beat the rush up to Madloch. I suspect it is still fine for people getting first bin out of St Anton - if you decide mid morning to cruise over to Lech for lunch I can imagine more of a shitshow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sun is out (warm for the season) until the at least the middle of next week.

right now as I type at 14:00hrs the freeze level ( 0C ) is at the Galzigbahn Mountain Station. Downtown is around 3C
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The blue bus used to be fine me - know your timings and get there early - be organised and beat the rush up to Madloch. I suspect it is still fine for people getting first bin out of St Anton - if you decide mid morning to cruise over to Lech for lunch I can imagine more of a shitshow.

The Blue Bus Fine with me also & Hitching a lift but most tourists do not hit the hill until 09:30-10:00 or later . Then it is to late.

Between Lift opening (08:30-45) and 11:00 the hill is virtually a private ski field. When I go over to Zurs/Lech I am normally already heading back at 13:00hrs ( Empty Private Bus) .

If I am skiing Schrocken/Warth I chillout & stay over there & take the bus or hitch down to Dornbirn & then catch the train back to St Anton.

Helps if you have the Train/Bus Discount Card Little Angel

http://fahrplan.vmobil.at/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=std6.a&L=vs_vvv&
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Official Weather & Snow Report

The recent period of bright weather will end. Bright weather is forecast once more for this weekend. Particularly Sunday promises bright sunshine all day long. Somewhat more changeable, though mostly settled weather conditions will approach starting next week. Besides, a föhny southerly wind will interfere with the weather time and time again. The details are still uncertain, however, larger amounts of precipitation are not expected, even though a weak cold front will brush against our regions on Wednesday night. In return, sunny conditions are intermittently expected.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First time I have seen a sign warning of stones on the Madloch to Zug route. There were plenty there a week ago. Can only imagine what it was like today. Sad

Mattunjoche to Steissbachtal: good at the top in the shade, and the bumps further down were a bit of fun. In between? Like skiing on crushed ice.

Riffel 2 on skier's right: nice bumps, but nasty rocks everywhere - the sort that are hard to spot until almost on them.

Bumps under Tritt Bergstation: still fun, but they are growing!

Bachseite: tracked out, but some fun lines still to be found.

A good day...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just arrived in St Anton tonight Cool

Meteoex now saying 25cm on Tuesday.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jenniper, 25cms is dust..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well they've upped it to 45cm now anyhoo.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lots of snow expected week after too. I was worrying with the Warmer weather it would be Rocky again.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Understand that these things need to be taken with a pinch of salt but snow for this week is looking decent!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/bIViumLg4Oc
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather

Right now it is around 0C at 2000Metres (Galzig, Gampen)
Downtown +3.5C

Folks, No major dump (Snorkel Skiing) expected.

We will get some "dust" (20cms if we are lucky). Freeze level will be around 1700Metres that means Rain downtown in St Anton (1300Metres)

72Hour New Snow Prognosis.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing quite nicely in Nasserein now (5:30pm). The fence already has nice white caps on the palings.
ski holidays
Snowing steadily down in Pettneu too.
snow conditions
Looks like about 10cm of wet snow in Nasserein this morning.
snow report

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 5-02-17 22:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
snowHead
snow conditions
Snowing at the top, raining towards the bottom. Reasonable accumulation up top.
snow conditions
This morning was hilarious - fresh snow up top plus low visibility equals carnage Laughing
snow report
Any thoughts how it'll look in a week? I'm landing in Budapest on the 5th... want to hit somewhere in Austria the 6th to the 8th, leaning St. Anton since I've already been there and there's a night train that's pretty direct.
latest report
Hope ok to post here:

I have5 spaces in a taxi from Zurich airport on 5th Feb. Land 8.40am. let me know if anyone is looking for space to St Anton or close by.
snow report
@kimchijajonshim, I'll be there from the 5th - 11th so same boat. But I can't really make sense of what is posted in this thread. One minute it's dust, then it's raining and now there's a graph showing 90cm?

I'm keeping an eye on Snow-Forecast but appreciate that these things tend to be fairly innacurate for anything more than a couple of days out!
snow report
New Snow

as of 02:00am 1st Feb

Since 30t Jan

At 2200 metres

40cms new.
snow report
@RosigLOL, I wouldn't worry about what's posted here about snow depths and weather, weather charts don't interest me one bit. I'm there at the moment and it's great.....you're going to get excellent pistes and hopefully off piste too. It's been bad visibility last 2 days but great snow and this afternoon looks like being a big one when the cloud lifts. Toofy Grin
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@RosigLOL, I wouldn't worry about what's posted here about snow depths and weather, weather charts don't interest me one bit. I'm there at the moment and it's great.....you're going to get excellent pistes and hopefully off piste too. It's been bad visibility last 2 days but great snow and this afternoon looks like being a big one when the cloud lifts. Toofy Grin

Haha yeah and checking it every day isn't going to make it snow any more than it's going to! I was just laboring over which set of skis to take. Think I'll go with the all mountains and wing it. Laughing
latest report
@RosigLOL, that 90cm is TOTAL snowfall, the "new" is approx 20cm, if you look at the timeline where it moves from 70 to 90cm.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folks.

The snow reports coming from me are pretty accurate.

No BS from Tour Operators.

For the coming days cloudy & light snow showers & temperature just below freezing .

The Area is pretty much 100% open so plenty of sliding to be had Happy

Today higher lifts are closed
Schindler, Valluga
latest report
Like yesterday, snow at the top and rain below. The transition point is perhaps at 1600 - 1800m.

Visibility is patchy. Sometimes quite good, other times less so.

Sure beats working...
snow report
@ulmerhutte, As i said a few posts up freeze level 1700metres wink
snow conditions
Looks like the freeze line should be lower next week. Hopefully it will be better weather wise than what I've had here in Saalbach this week Sad

Obviously nothing is guaranteed when it comes to weather but it is frustrating when you try and plan to ski what should be at a good time of the year and it all goes a bit pear shaped.
snow conditions
Everything is open. Everything is fun. Sometimes it's as tiring as skiing on wet sugar but this place is 100% superb!
snow report
^ +1
latest report
stanton wrote:
@ulmerhutte, As i said a few posts up freeze level 1700metres wink

That was Monday! Laughing
latest report
Raven wrote:
I've had here in Saalbach this week Sad

Stepped up to a real Ski Hill ! Very Happy
snow conditions
Jenniper wrote:
Everything is open. Everything is fun. Sometimes it's as tiring as skiing on wet sugar but this place is 100% superb!

Welcome to Ski Paradise Very Happy
ski holidays
What a fantastic days skiing today!!! Sunny, powder and quiet. ❤️
snow conditions
Gorgeous today! Even that crappy blue down to the flexenbahn was bearable!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Raven wrote:
I've had here in Saalbach this week Sad

Stepped up to a real Ski Hill ! Very Happy

This week is just a warm up Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy