Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, So show us what its like any photos @stanton, ? wink

That's a webcam capture, not a photo!! Not sure stanton actually skis!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, Taking fotos wastes to much POW time. Once the gloves are on they never come off until its drinking time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, +1 and that's why he's been on a keyboard all morning Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
@kitenski, Taking fotos wastes to much POW time. Once the gloves are on they never come off until its drinking time.

you type a good story........especially as you were posting webcams at 10am!! Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What an awesome past couple of days! With the snow and cooler temperatures it hasn't felt like the end of season. Some lovely, fluffy, fresh snow to play in, and the pistes have been the best they've been all season. Had a lovely run down to Rauz in piste today (amongst other bits), reminded me how much I loved that run before the Flexenbahn arrived.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Even I will take a minute out of my pow days to capture a pic of the scenery and conditions. Only time camera does NOT come out is when it's a storm day with low viz.

But that above web cam shot has me wishing I was there!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
stanton wrote:

you type a good story........especially as you were posting webcams at 10am!! Razz

I only ski in the morning hike or first lift. Hiking start at 07.00. Lifts at opening only 2 hrs always finished by 11.00(refund on hourly ticket). I posted the above when i was done.

Have s nice Friday at your desks Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 20-04-17 21:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So cameras don't work after 11 when your done ???
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, ic you ever followed my Arlberg posts. I only EVER post fotos when conds are bad and the official webcams get coveniently pointed or fixed into position that does not show how it is.

I cannot take better fotos than those webcams. If they were lying i would put up fotos but at this time of the season evrryone is thinking summer holidays so if your not here its to late (nearly).

Next week touring starts ..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, +1, he's behind his desk like many of us right now.....never goes near the slopes, we can all screen shot webcams and post on here (well not actually because I still don't know how to post photos on SH) wink

@Sitter, Really not jealous at all mate (ahem)...... bet its awesome, my FB is full of local friends all skiing big lines in that fluffy powder. Have fun, you doing the Weisse Rausch?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, honestly I'd much prefer "on the spot" photos from folks actually there. Anyone can see a webcam, no need to repost it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, yep agree
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sitter wrote:
Had a lovely run down to Rauz in piste today (amongst other bits), reminded me how much I loved that run before the Flexenbahn arrived.

The melancholic/sad truth, summing up the complete season -and new reality?- in a few words
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Langerzug, Not true, you've just got to get up early to avoid the crowds....and I am really pleased with the new FB..... wink
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, +1, he's behind his desk like many of us right now.....never goes near the slopes

Have t get back to it in Switzerland in May. Meanwhile it is a beautiful afternoon here in Zurich you can never get bored with the train journey.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@Langerzug, Not true, you've just got to get up early to avoid the crowds....and I am really pleased with the new FB..... wink

But you can't lap it like you used to when the pistes are in great shape, as they are at the moment, as it just deteriorates too quickly and gets a lot busier a lot quicker.
latest report
@Sitter,

Skiing carpet during the peak season while everyone is heading over to Ulmer/Rauz I just stay in St Anton & lap it up on Rendl top Gampberg to Town can easily get a good three/four laps in before 10:30.
Very Happy
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, +1, he's behind his desk like many of us right now.....never goes near the slopes....

Yes he's defo full of shite and any photos he posts claiming to be his tracks etc I would dicsount as photo fraud / track poaching rolling eyes
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, +1, he's behind his desk like many of us right now.....never goes near the slopes, we can all screen shot webcams and post on here (well not actually because I still don't know how to post photos on SH) wink

@Sitter, Really not jealous at all mate (ahem)...... bet its awesome, my FB is full of local friends all skiing big lines in that fluffy powder. Have fun, you doing the Weisse Rausch?

It's a shame that SH doesn't make it easier to upload pics. You just need a web based hosting photo site to utilize. I use photo bucket. Once you've done it, it's pretty simple. This not from this season, but you get the picture. wink

snow report
@Weathercam, @Weathercam,
snow report
Any folks tuning in for the first time.
Take no notice Weathercam

Arlberg Report has been going maybe about 10yrs i cannot remember. Im not counting.

I have ONLY ever posted tracks of mine once & that was not here but in New Mexico circa 1990. Snowmediazone has lost all my historic fotos.
snow report
Live this afternoon Der Weiße Rausch

https://livestream.com/accounts/4598016/events/7268521
snow conditions
Race Live at 17:00 (CET)

https://www.regionalsport.at/sportberichte/april-2017/live-uebertragung-der-weisse-rausch/
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/jx1awvIbRto&feature=youtube_gdata_player
latest report
Lech/Zurs/Stuben overview

Lech down 6% due to poor start ic seseason &:snowmaking costs up 40%

Madlochbahn renewed within 3 years

Albona 1 renew

Stuben more new guests but regulars less.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2838325/
latest report
Thats some video for just before closing
snow conditions
@8611, snow conditions in many parts of Austria are excellent right now. In Ischgl at present and the snow is great. Windy and cold but sunny.

If someone is in resort you tend to get the feeling they are. Like when @Sitter or @Markymark29, @Langerzug, or @kitenski post. There are details which make it clear that are talking about something they have experienced even if they don't post lots of nice photos, like @Weathercam. Other people. Well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
@Sitter,

Skiing carpet during the peak season while everyone is heading over to Ulmer/Rauz I just stay in St Anton & lap it up on Rendl top Gampberg to Town can easily get a good three/four laps in before 10:30.
Very Happy

I'm not the one you need to be preaching to, I'm up the mountain pretty much every day, and know where to head to a avoid crowds (dependent on the ability of my group) rolling eyes
ski holidays
Interesting to clearly hear/see that the tone of the video is all but "raving".
Flexenbahn-doubts, even with the Arlberg-bosses? Too late too little gentlemen!
Three years waiting until new Madloch.....(they clearly make sure to announce it is coming.....Lech 6% down this season, but that is mostly due to Christmas without snow probably)
Still we are thinking to skip Arlberg for some -three?- years.....
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/xeww_TtIdVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well thats a wrap for the 2017/2018 season

Next week more snow on the way Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 23-04-17 20:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Well thats a wrap for the 2017/2018 season.

Next week more snow on the way Very Happy

Cheers Stanton, roll on opening in Dec!
snow report
nozawaonsen wrote:
@8611, snow conditions in many parts of Austria are excellent right now. In Ischgl at present and the snow is great. Windy and cold but sunny.

I know I saw your posts in the weather thread and was sorely tempted...
latest report
270 days until I am back again... 7 weeks this time.😀
latest report
stanton wrote:

Superb.

The stuff of legends Smile
snow report
Folks... The lifts are quiet...

However later this week & weekend are shaping up to be awesome (just like EoS/May last year).

Winter is coming back again with some major SNOW should start on Wednesday.

Get the skins on !!

snow report
@Mike Pow, Great video that, thanks

Interestingly at 2.05 you can see how the avalanche barrier in Hinterrendl had avalanched and had been snowed over, after the fatalities in March.

@stanton, thanks for posting that video.
snow report
Ghost Town..Valley Fog ...Raining.

We should get 1/2 metre new snow in next couple of days. Saturdag sjould be EPIC earn your turns and fresh lines & Apres Ski will be in Innsbruck ...

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich-wetter/Neuschnee-Prognose-Wo-wann-wie-viel-Schnee-faellt/279811644
latest report

Winter is back.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 28-04-17 12:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Looks better than it did for most of Dec to Mar...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy