Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
mk28 wrote:
The prayers have been answered

A favor from one Mancunian to another Very Happy

Still snowing in Lech. Lightly but still snowing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mk28 wrote:
What are the conditions off piste like currently? Im out on 12/03 for a week and cant believe a thing snow forecast says.

decent today:

https://www.facebook.com/gortonator/videos/10154441914516365/?l=89178682495911631

Tomorrow might be equally epic, with added visibility!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Folks we waited months finally the POW has come !

The season can get underway !!

Over 0.5Metres in Zurs since yesterday

Get off the carpet and enjoy

Bachseite & Zwissen is Steep & Deep (ish)

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:

Over 0.5Metres in Zurs since yesterday

Get off the carpet and enjoy

Bachseite & Zwissen is Steep & Deep (ish)

Very Happy Very Happy

Zurs was deep and steep-ish.

For carpet Cool

Just light snow here in Lech at 10pm. Tomorrow might just be the best of the last few days as there is heaps of snow up there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

http://youtube.com/v/UiLo8qs1csI
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gortonator wrote:
mk28 wrote:
What are the conditions off piste like currently? Im out on 12/03 for a week and cant believe a thing snow forecast says.

decent today:

https://www.facebook.com/gortonator/videos/10154441914516365/?l=89178682495911631

Tomorrow might be equally epic, with added visibility!

@gortonator I thought I could see a smile on that vid, but there was too much powder in the way to say for sure!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 7-03-17 22:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Folkss

Avalanche risk is rising Wednesday
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/overview/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Top morning, lots of pow and funshine. It was deep in the Furkawang and the ski route down to Zug. Nordhand and Osthang were also rather fine early. It warmed up by lunchtime so you needed to be more selective. We looped to Zurs and where the groomers and between-pistes were fun off te Seekopfbahn.

Snowing now in Lech. Forecast looks a little crazy with huge moisture but warm over next 24-36 hours? It could be interesting!

Any local weather intel @stanton ? Fingers crossed for a village freezing level Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/dTF9M1rP1u4
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The apps I look at here in the states are forecasting big snow over next 36 hours for you guys. I'm back next week -- fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
....But is it raining in the village?! We arrive on Saturday!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 18-03-17 18:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HTL wrote:
....But is it raining in the village?! We arrive on Saturday!

Was raining in Lech about 10pm last night but this morning is sleet. So snow not much above village. I suspect this might change as day goes on ;(
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A lot of folks getting very wet here below 2000Metres, haha !!

For the Carpet Bashers, rain is excellent it compacts the pistes into mini glaciers (solid ice) with a fresh spray of artificial snow or making it possible for the long Valuga to Town season we enjoy in Arlberg Happy
snow report
How is it looking. Looks like rain in town but snow above 2000m? Decent amount? We need some reports and everyone is at apres-ski!
snow conditions
Staying in st anton at the moment - heavy rain non stop since last night till now at village level and up to about 1700m.

Very wet snow at rendle station, rain by the bottom but decent snow falling at the top.

Very wet day today, hasn't got rid of everything that fell earlier in the week but it hasn't helped matters.

Due to get colder tomorrow but not huge amounts forecast.

Go high and there is plenty of decent snow to be had
ski holidays
ive never known a season like this one. I was in chamonix mid feb and it was 15 degrees in the town. Most resorts have had practically no snow in resort all season. I dont think ive ever been in a resort when it was raining but it sounds absolutely grim.
snow conditions
Was either sleet or rain at village level in Lech all day. Been dumping wet snow for an hour at least now so hopefully it will start to cool down and keep snowing. It is accumulating outside our hotel. So I don't think the damage is too serious here down low. There's a lot of snow still.

We skied Zurs all morning until the viz disappeared. The pistes were good early with nice sloppy groomer pow. I think it snowed there all day. In afternoon Lech was decent above Overlech level. Actually some really nice wind driven snow building at top of Kriegerhorn and Steinmader, and viz was ok to even good lower down. Virtually all ski routes were closed and most of the people who were out were with guides and had avi packs. Skiing carpet. The ones without helmets amuse me the most Smile

So a damp day, but we skied 9-2.30 without stopping. Covered chairs really help on days like this.

If it does keep snowing all night as is forecast, tomorrow might be quite respectable. On and off carpet. We'll see.
ski holidays
@gortonator, thanks for the report and words of encouragement! I'm sitting in my office here in New York obsessing over the weather. Forecasts I read were predicting 20+ inches of snow for the Arlberg, so to wake up this morning to see rain on the web cams was a disappointment. Glad to hear it snowed up high. Hoping tonight delivers. I'm there in less than a week -- second visit of the season after a fun but disappointing (snow wise) New Years.
latest report
@ArlbergMeister, keep an eye on the webcams at Stuben and St Christoph, doesn't look like it rained there Smile
snow report
ArlbergMeister wrote:
@gortonator, thanks for the report and words of encouragement! I'm sitting in my office here in New York obsessing over the weather. Forecasts I read were predicting 20+ inches of snow for the Arlberg, so to wake up this morning to see rain on the web cams was a disappointment. Glad to hear it snowed up high. Hoping tonight delivers. I'm there in less than a week -- second visit of the season after a fun but disappointing (snow wise) New Years.

Yeah - the freezing level was always dodgy for this storm. There will be plenty up high for sure and on this side of Flexen Pass there is a tonne of snow everywhere. Low down at St Anton I've no idea as the two times we've tried to get there this week wind has stopped linking lifts. Maybe tomorrow.

Flakes have turned from wet fatties to small snow flakes. My beer tastes even better now Madeye-Smiley

BTW you were brave coming from the US at NY!! End Feb-early March usually delivers in our experience. Usually as in 8 from 9. Not bad.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-03-17 18:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@gortonator, hahah, yes, especially with the season we've been having out west. But my father in Austrian and I love skiing over there. Convinced a bunch of friends to join us who had never skied in Europe. They were a bit shocked by the conditions in town (brown with only strips of snow), but up high was decent and the sun was brilliant. And, well, the apres-ski and gemütlich atmosphere in Austria can't be topped.

Can't wait to be back next week. Will go high for snow.

Enjoy that beer(s) and the fresh tracks tomorrow!
latest report
ArlbergMeister wrote:
@gortonator, hahah, yes, especially with the season we've been having out west.

Yep - it's a good 'un. and still 2.5 months to go. Mt Bachelor next weekend, assuming we survive the last two days of apres Smile
ski holidays
@gortonator, Enjoy! I might hit Tahoe in April.

Two more days of apres sound fantastic.
snow report
Warning.

Avalanche/Lawine Level 4 and rising on Friday.

Situation is Critical.

High winds (80k/hr) and Sunshine Friday = Life threatning conditions.

Road/Highway Pass Closures very likely

Off Piste is a NOGO for at least next two possibly three days.

Thursday Report

https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/bulletin/

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2829956/
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Warning.

Avalanche/Lawine Level 4 and rising on Friday.

Off Piste is a NOGO for at least next two possibly three days.

More airbags on carpet again today then!! We saw a few minor slides off the Muggengrat yesterday. The red run underneath back to the Zurserseebahn was closed all day for obvious reasons.
ski holidays
well, the apres-ski and gemütlich atmosphere in Austria can't be topped.

Exactly. Back again tomorrow. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere, does apres like Austria
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Friday 10th Avalanche Bulletin

https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/bulletin/
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/qtfpFPhdgFA
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/3HPmL50eSU4
ski holidays
WetterReporter - Everything sinks into the snow: Our weather reporter Marco Kaschuba reports from one to two meters of new snow in St. Christoph am Arlberg. Roofs must be cleared because of the snow load. He has also interviewed the operations manager of ski operators who warned of a major avalanche risk.

http://www.wetteronline.de/wetter-videos/2017-03-09-mk?sort=date
snow report
Sounds like some big snow up high. Mild temps forecasted for weekend and next week (though below freezing at night). What are chances they'll be a decent snowpack when I arrive on Wednesday next week?
snow conditions
ArlbergMeister wrote:
Sounds like some big snow up high. Mild temps forecasted for weekend and next week (though below freezing at night). What are chances they'll be a decent snowpack when I arrive on Wednesday next week?

There's a tonne of snow on the side of Flexen Pass. St Anton - not sure. We tried again to get there but all connecting runs/cgairs from top of Valfegebahn were closed. An avi across piste I suspect? Locals will know more. Stuben was sweet though, although there were avalanches everywhere. A day to not venture too far off piste.

I think you will be fine ... it was excellent skiing today. You might have to suffer some good Spring skiing at very worst.
snow conditions
@gortonator, Bring on the corn snow! I can already taste the schnapps. Thanks for the update. Happy skiing.
snow conditions
Fyi.

After heavy snow it quite normal that Vallugabahn & Schindler are closed for 2-3 days

They can clear & make safe the lifts fairly quick but main reason is to allow the new snowpak to settle .
snow report
The Avalanche risk is still vey high.

There has been over 100 recorded incidents in Austria the last two days.
Unsually the Arlberg hss been lucky so far...

Official Weather

A high-pressure area will depart eastward throughout the weekend, the next high will spread across our regions from the Atlantic throughout the upcoming week and bring early-spring mild air masses. Before that, somewhat cooler conditions are expected at the beginning of the week. However, late winter weather is not expected, as bright sunshine and small amounts of clouds perceptively clear skies will prevail. The sunny conditions will continue next week, sun worshippers will find sunny conditions.
latest report
An awesome week, fantastic powder at the start of the week and spring sunny skiing up high last 2 days. Highlights we're Maienplatts, Schindlerkar and Rauz, Shimelegg/ Rendl, Albona and Zürs Muggengrat. Mega slides in Zürs, and excellent piste maintenance work by ABB as always. Warming now, pistes in fantastic condition above 1800m. Was thinking about Easter but thinking 5 weeks will see a lot of snow melt....
snow report
Easter is at a good time this season mid April.

Conditions will be great as always.

Weisse Rausch is the following Saturday 22nd.

Next season (2018) Easter is at end of March/April.
latest report
Early this morning was perfect Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy