Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sölden end of season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The best conditions I've seen here at this time of year. So that's good snow in all the glacier areas, good light, and the snow's been consistently carve-able all day. Saw one Brit car, but no obvious Brits on the slopes aside from a lass I already know. Lots of hard boot snowboarders about - it's a festival. With luck it'll be more of the same tomorrow.

The lifts at Pitzal are running across the valley and I'd guess conditions are similarly good there.

The off-piste looks like consolidated wet schmoo, not that I'm here for that.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunday: fresh snow, some on-piste euro-powder, visibility not so good, snow still excellent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worth a quick jaunt out this week?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Worth a quick jaunt out this week?

If it's still open, then conditions were good, probably better than I've seen for the last few years at this time. No temperature issues.

Here's a gopro frame grab intended for another purpose, but that was about 15:00 Saturday and the light & snow was good.

The Rettebach glacier was all open with the steep section (above) and the t-bar accessed bit too, but the stuff over the back (through the tunnel - the Tiefbach glacier I think) was also all good. There was resort powder to be had at the sides of the piste, maybe about 15cm on Sunday. That was damp-ish, but good on a board, even a race board (there's a base, so no sinking, just smoother. Overall I prefer more lumps and bumps - it was a bit over-bashed - but all good.

I would check opening dates, unless you're skinning up. Ishgl's last day was Saturday. I'm not sure if Sölden is still open - I didn't see any Lederhosen closing party, so maybe. It's getting late, though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy