Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Val D or Tignes accommodation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of last few days of season from Weds 27 Apr-Tues 2 May in EK. Anyone know of availability in catered accommodation please? Either whole of that period or part of it, minimum 3 days.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Refuge in Tignes (B&B) is still open (and another sH is already booked over that period!!). The Alpaka is also back under the owners control for the late season. Contact Jill by phone - details on alpaca.com.

NB Val closes down on Sunday afternoon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway, thanks very much, I'll try both those. Do you happen to know if only the Grande Motte glacier is open after 1 May please? Or are lower parts of Tignes still open if snow cover OK? Website seems to imply Grande Motte only...maybe they lay off all the lefties?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@intermediate,
Quote:

maybe they lay off all the lefties?

I meant lifties of course....they've probably shot all the lefties!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

they've probably shot all the lefties!

Don't you believe it.......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, @intermediate, if you look here:

http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=tignes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=fr

In the bottom-left panel it says "Le domaine de Tignes et le glacier de la Grande Motte seront ouverts jusqu'au 8 mai 2016" which I think means "The Tignes area and the Grand Motte glacier will be open until 8th May 2016".

Chocksaway can probably confirm/deny ! BTW, it's myself booked into the Refuge hotel, arriving Thursday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chaletchardons.com
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@billytbar, @1969jma,
Thanks both. There looks enough snow and remontees mechaniques working to make it interesting.
I bet they almost give away the lift passes for free? Lol.
Think I've managed to find accommodation for most of a trip. I did text and email Chardons several times last week or so but no response. Maybe they're closed or full already or thought I was a spammer?
Just need to get all travel plans booked and accommodation confirmed.
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway, @billytbar, @1969jma,
Thanks again. Tried all 3 of those accommodations. Eventually ended up with '2 centre' booking. Hotel Vanoise in Val Claret for 2 nights. Then 4 nights in Chalet Hotel Melezes in Les Boisses.
Wonder if there's a water chute I can slide down to transfer from one to the other?
Snow and weather forecast looking very favourable for late April. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy